• Published 27th Feb 2012
  • 1,101 Views, 6 Comments

Destined Stars Act 1 - Of Stars and Runes - Velvet-Fresh



The 108 stars of Destiny shall be brought together for a miracle, their leader? Twilight Sparkle

  • ...
2
 6
 1,101

Act 1 Part 7

Part 7 [Battle For Ponyville]

In the large field, a improvised camp is seen, Luna and Celestia looking ahead, as Twilight walk up to them. Celestia look back smiling kindly "Twilight, I'm glad you're well. But we cannot rest for too long, we'll move ahead in full force to attack Silver Wing's army stationed in and around Ponyville." Luna just stood there, staring intently ahead monitoring the town ahead of them.
Nodding "I understand princess. We'll prepare." she smiles and goes back to just do that. "Twilight." Luna called out stopping her, without looking back "Remember, you're not alone. You have my support my young friend."

"Princess Luna.. thank you, I'll give it my all." with that she rush ahead to meet with her 2 friends and their volunteer unit, "Tia, her journey. I don't know how exactly, but I have a feeling it will begin soon. And I'll help her scour Equestria for the stars.." with that she head out to meet her Thestral unit and shouting out commands to other ponies, the elder sister can only look out at the town, with a soft and sad smile. "More than you know Luna.. more than you know."

[Battle For Ponyville. Griffon Army Vs Equestrian Army]

The map show the first half of ponyville, 3 pony units facing westward is seen inside a large building. A lone griffon unit standing guard outside it. Silverwing's main unit is seen facing east with 3-4 more units surrounding the town and 2 near him within the town proper. "Equestria will be ours, you will not deny our right!" Silverwing shouted haughtily.
On the East field appeared a golden armored unit appear along with 3 pegasi units behind it, the golden unit hoists the flag of Equestria "Fool, you brought this war upon your own kind for this treachery!" Celestia shouted back at him as Luna's dark unit appear by her side, flank by a unicorn unit and her thestral unit. Twilight's unicorn unit among them "Follow our lead young Twilight, we'll free your friends soon." Luna told her "Of course Princess. Let's go everypony!" rallied Twilight.

[Campaign start]

Celestia's main unit stayed put, her units advanced forward, one stayed beside her. Luna and Twilight moved forward aswell. Then one of the griffon unit advanced, facing one of the pegasi guards, preparing for an attack. The Griffon flew forward, shouting battle cries as they met the pegasi mid flight, both sides slashing their weapons as they passed each other, few pegasi fell down as some Griffons too, wounded and beaten but neither units received much damage the wounded were pulled out. Silverwing himself advanced, the ones inside town didn't move.

"Hey!" a Pink pony spoke up from the earth pony 'unit' inside the large town spoke up. "Guys, look Twilight's here with the Princess. They're going to save us, I knew it!." She grinned excitedly. "Pinkie calm down, i'm glad they're alright and these brutes will be taught a lesson" huffed a unicorn. "Hmm... what don't we bust out of here and help them?" she suggested. "umm.. how do we do that? there are guards outside..." a butter yellow pegasus asked timidly. "Don't worry Flutters, let your auntie Pinkie handle it. Everypony grab anything big you can swing. And I highly suggest my unit moves a square next to the one of the guards" she giggles, ignoring the looks everypony giving her. ".. Pinkie Pie" Rarity said with an eyeroll. The Royal Equestrian forces moved forward, the pegasi unit facing the griffon attacked, when they passed each other, more griffons fell onto the ground than ponies, the griffon unit received damage. The next unit attacked the same griffon unit again, knocking the rest of them out, the Griffon unit received another damage causing them to retreat due to too many wounded, Luna moved further forward with her unit, Twilight following suit . The earth pony unit inside the building moved facing the griffon's unit's back and they commence their attack. "Critical Damage!" Pinkie shouted randomly as they rushed the griffons with a battle cry, swinging down their improvised weapons which consists of kitchen tools, it was very effective. Every griffon was knocked down. "What the?!" Silverwing shouted. "Sir, the prisoners are escaping!" one of his men called out. "I know that you idiots! Punish those fools for defying us, hurt those blasted ponies!" he ordered.

Luna glared ahead "Not while we're breathing you foal. Thestrals, charge!" Her unit moved further ahead, and she attacked a griffon unit, damaging it after cutting its forces in half. "For Ponyville!" Twilight shouted as she moved and use magic too attack Silverwing again, it wasn't as effective as last time but it knock down a few griffons. Celestia stayed put, as Pinkie and the rest of the Ponyville citizens exit the building and move forward surrounding the griffon army at both sides. "Stand your ground you idiots! They're ponies, we griffons are far superior!" They move onto the offensive, taking down one royal guard unit themselves, but taking damage aswell.

"You're the idiot here Silverwing, now feel the might of Equestria!" Luna shouted as she advanced infront of him "Prepare Thyself!" her unit rushed forward, attacking and knocking most but only a few out. Pinkie, and the Ponyville citizens move and attack the units inside town, defeating them too. Twilight advanced positioning herself near Luna's unit she targets "Friends together fight as one!" she exclaimed as the unicorns in her unit charge a more potent attack, letting it burst and knocking out the rest of Silverwings soldiers.

"Impossible, this can't be happening to me" He squeaked as he grunts, defeated. The rest of the griffons retreated or surrendered. "No, you were always a fool. Now you'll pay for your crimes against us" Celestia said with a stern look "Take him away" he ordered her guards.

[Battle Won, Silverwing defeated]

Cheers roar out as Ponyville is liberated, friends reunited. "Fluttershy, I'm glad to see you're alright!' Dash flew forward to hug her friend, Pinkie bounce up towards Twilight and Applejack "You guys rock, you were like pow, zap! and the meanies were like. Ow, blegh Gaaah!" she kept bouncing in place, "We get it Pinkie." Twilight laughed while rolling her eyes. "You were more amazing, you rallied the ponies and freed yourselves." she smile as she said that. "Oh that? it was nothing, Just a critical attack" she casually explained. AJchuckle "Pinkie Pie, being Pinkie Pie. That's good to see." the Six friends hug as the town celebrate as a few ponies help the guards gather the wounded and binding the defeated Griffons with rope. The battle has won, however.

"Twilight" Celestia walked up to them "We need to talk, all of us. Let us head back to the Everfree Castle where it's more private." She trots out, Luna giving her an arch eyebrow and follow after her. Twilight could only look and watch her. "Let's go girls. This sounds important." They all nod, and follow her as they went back to the castle.