• Published 13th Sep 2013
  • 412 Views, 4 Comments

Chaos and Nightmares - Time_Turner



Discord returns with a nasty plot to rip apart the world and finish off the princess sisters.

  • ...
8
 4
 412

Chapter 2

Drake and Derpy began to enter through the towns entrance gates, the gates were a mere arch rather than full gates that Drake had back in his world.

Soon they reached the main town centre, it had a large town hall in the middle of it and beautiful blue lakes that ran around it with bridges going over them, large amounts of thatched roof houses were dotted around outside the lakes and some stood out far more than other as clearly businesses, with large pieces of fake candy hanging off one of the buildings.

A lot of ponies were chattering until Derpy took the first few steps into the town centre, they stopped quickly and began to stare at her, a few of the filly’s were giggling and pointing, parents were shoving their kids hooves down but didn’t stop staring.

But when Drake joined Derpy; he had fallen behind from looking at all the buildings and not paying attention to how far in front of him she was, the ponies instantly switched their staring from Derpy onto Drake, with eyes that burned his skin, none of the filly’s were laughing or giggling now, some of them hid behind their parents legs and refused to move. Drake quickly snapped his eye sight to one of the light blue ponies with green hair who had been pushing her nose up at him; she froze instantly then ran inside one of the buildings with what looked like lace hanging around it with golden ribbon strapped on it with a very stunning effect.

“Why do they stare?” he asked derpy without taking his eyes off random ponies.

“Don’t think they know what you are.” Derpy replied kicking a small stone.

“I meant why do they stare at you, you’re a pony like them.” He added.

“I think it’s the eyes, I’ve gotten used to it by now.” She gave a wide grin.

Derpy led Drake through the town and soon she had led him to a large tree that stood in a large clearing with two balconies and a sign outside with a picture of an open book. Derpy quickly changed her direction leaving Drake to almost trip over her if he had not jumped back a pace or two.

She banged her hoof against the dark red door.

“Is this where the princess lives?” Drake bent down to whisper to her.

“No, I just have to drop a letter off to the pony that lives here.” She said as she quickly pulled out a small letter from the brown bag she had on her back. After a few seconds, the door gently swung open and before them stood a pony that was about the same size as Derpy but was a beautiful purple with dark purple mane and a light pink strip running down the length of it, he nose was muzzled in a book as it levitated by means of a glowing horn that stuck out of the top of her head and through her mane.

“Good morning Twilight.” Derpy said to her as the letter flew from her mouth and joined its side by the purple book that had shut and was floating in mid-air.

“Thank you Derpy.” She had a soft voice that was warm and slightly fuzzy to hear, it reminded Drake of the times in winter when he got back home and drank fresh hot chocolate and watched You’ve Been Framed. The book dropped to the ground and the letter followed with a flutter when she gasped as she saw Drake, standing twice as high as her and staring around at the huge amounts of books then suddenly back to her and took a small step back as she ran out and began to look at him at all angles.

“My gosh, I’ve never seen anything like you before except in books.” She hopped around him and inspected him further.

“Er…same here…ponies don’t usually talk in my world.” Drake was feeling very uncomfortable as he felt her breath on his legs.

“Oh please come inside, if you’re free of course.” She stood on her back legs and put her front ones onto his back.

“Actually, I was going with Derpy to see the princess.” Drake said as he look down upon Derpy.

“It’s ok Drake, I’ve got a ton of mail to hand out before I’d even have a chance to go to Canterlot to see her.” She replied as nodded her head towards Twilights house. He nodded back and allowed Twilight to drag him inside in a hurry.

The door slammed loudly and Twilight stood before him with a huge grin on her face slightly jumping as she looked upon him.

“Nice house.” He said breaking the silence that was only being disturbed by Twilight squeeking as she bounced.

“Oh it’s nothing…may I start asking questions?” she stopped bouncing and a quill, ink pot and paper flew over to her.

“Sure go ahead, may I ask some as well inbetween yours?” he thought she would snap back and shout no.

“Seems fair.” She replied. “Ahem… you don’t come from Equestria do you?”

“No.” he answered, “My question, where am i?”

“You’re in Equestria, a land watched over by princess Celestia and princess Luna who pull the sun and moon across the land.

Now, where do you come from?” she asked as she scratched on the parchment.

“I come from a land called Earth, a planet inhabited by what I am known as a human.” Drake replied trying to match the way

Twilight spoke. “How did I get here?” at this point Twilight stopped writing and stared at him like he had just drooled on his shirt.

“What do you mean? Didn’t you walk or travel to Equestria?” she let the quill, ink and parchment gently descend to the floor.

“No, in my world, I had been caught in a lightning storm and hid in a hollow tree. I don’t remember what happened after that, just light and then…I woke up in a green field and met Derpy in a bush.” She walked over to a globe that was sitting in the middle of the room and dragged it over to him.

“Does this look like Earth to you?” she asked as she gently spun it.

Drake took one look at it and shook his head.

“Well, this is our world, here’s Equestria, so if this doesn’t look like your world…that must mean that you’ve travelled between worlds.” She said as she pointed out Equestria and pulled a few books off the shelves that surrounded them. She flipped open a book called ‘Stars And Star Gazing.’ She turned the book around to drake and he saw that she had opened the book upon the star constellation Leo. “Do you recognise this?”

“Yeah, that’s Leo the lion, everyone knows that. Why did you ask me this?” he gently took the book that floated in mid-air and scanned his eyes across the rest of it.

“We have that constellation in our world, which means that you’re still in the same galaxy, so our worlds are close to each other.”

“Close? How is that close? A galaxy is huge.” He burst out. Running a hand through his black hair and began pacing around the room.

“Well, taking in the idea that you could have been sent across the entire universe, it’s close.” Twilight said as she watched him sit down on a step leading upstairs.

“Will your princess be able to send me back?” Drake thought that if this was a dream, he’d play along as he’d have nothing else until he woke up.

“I’m sure she will do everything in her power to help you.” Twilight said gently as she trotted up to him and nuzzled him gently.

“C’mon, we can go see her now.”