• Published 17th Sep 2013
  • 4,276 Views, 73 Comments

Fade Away - JoeBobWhitney



inFamous 2 crossover. This story takes place only a few months after the non-canon Evil Karma ending of inFamous 2 where Cole MacGrath sides with the Beast.

  • ...
11
 73
 4,276

Act IX: Amazement

"Princess. We have grave news from Manehattan." A Royal Guard speaks to Celestia grimly as he entered.

"Yes?"

"A building caught fire the other day. But not just any, it was a Art Galley. Hundreds maybe even thousands ponies were and... they didn't make it out. Six came out, three severely burned, the others just had small cuts and scraps." She stared at him with pure sadness. "That's not all. A few hours later, seventeen were murdered anonymously. No traces were found."

"Do you have any idea who did this?" Celestia asked, anger replacing her once regal voice.

"No."

"Find the culprit. Then, bring him to me."

"Yes, your highness." The guard turned around and left. She sighed sadly and began thinking.

"Whew." Cole wiped the seat from his brow. He put down his duster and dusted himself off. He backed away to see his newly refurbished house from a better view. No more cobwebs, that's for sure. He noted, sitting on his leather couch. "I love this thing." He sat there for a minute before he heard a knock on the door. He sighed in protest but got up. He walked over to the door, opening it revealed a familiar cyan pegasus.

"Whoa... Nice place." She waltzed right in, uninvited.

"Yeah, it's still a bit dusty but it's looking good." Cole coughed after some dirt got in his throat.

"Yeah, you need to liven up the place though. Get some brighter curtains. Black? I mean who has black curtains?" Rainbow questioned.

"The last owner, that's who. I'm also gonna need some food, proper electricity and water. The bathroom is really nice." Cole sat back down on the leather couch, sighing in relief.

"Dude, that's leather." Rainbow noticed, looked disgusted.

"Yep. Humans make a lot of crap with leather. My sheathe for my Amp is leather." He exclaimed.

"Oh, that's right. This house did feel familiar, a Gryphon used to live here." Rainbow informed.

"Really?" Cole looked surprised.

"Yeah, got the couch and a few other leather things."

"Guess that explains the old meat in the freezer." He mentioned, laying his back.

"What?"

"Yeah, some reallllly old meat in there. Reeked like death, I got rid of it though." He chuckled.

"Good. So, you got a job, a house, next is a family." She joked, Cole stared at her.

"Yeah, that'll happen. I don't think anyone-"

"Anypony." She corrected him. He deadpanned at her.

"-ANYPONY wants to be with me. I'm sure ponies want to be with stallions, not guys. There's a difference, you know."

"Like?"

"Really Rainbow? You really want me to delve into that? You're sick." He playfully punched her in the arm.

"Hey, just curious."

"Curiosity killed the cat." Cole commented.

"Say that to Fluttershy and I will have your head on a pike."

"Okay, jeez. Now, I just simply live my life." Unless I can return home, of course.

"Oh yeah, I came over here to tell you that the Event in Cloudsdale is in about thirty minutes. You still comin'?" She notified him.

"Oh! Yeah, come on." They both left the house after Cole locked it and headed for the clouds, jumping from cloud to cloud, he made his way on the city. "Wow. Looks awesome."

"Come on, it's this way."

"What's this even about?"

"A Wonderbolts Show."

"That... is?" She stopped causing Cole to bump into her. He backed up as Rainbow stared at him like he murdered somebody.

"The Wonderbolts are the most awesome-est fliers in Equestria. How could you not know?"

"Not from Equestria, that's how. So, what? They do stunts and stuff?"

"Yeah! The most awesome stunts!"

"I can tell that is going to be a fun evening. Let's go." They then proceeded to go towards the Wonderbolts event. Cole thought that was going to be silly, he wasn't going to say that - however. He kept to himself and followed Rainbow as she led him to the stadium. Fifteen minutes later and they arrived at the stadium. "Damn. Are their that many ponies attending?"

"They are a branch of Royal Guard, you know. They boost morale with their stuff."

"What type tickets are those?"

"Special. We get a great view."

~~~~~~~CAMERA CUT LATER~~~~~~~

"On a cloud, near the track itself. Great." He rolled his eyes but began watching. The Wonderbolts then revealed themselves, introducing the team that the ponies came to see. The leader, Spitfire. The second in command, Soarin' and some other faces Cole didn't care about. After they introduced themselves, the show finally. The next two hours were spent as they watched the team do dazzling, insane and wondrous stunts and tricks.












"So? What'd you think?" Rainbow asked, a large smile on her face.

"They remind me of the Blue Angels. They had some cool stunts but I'm hard to impress. Being the man who can shoot LIGHTNING from his fingertips!" He yelled loudly on purpose.

"Sheesh! You didn't have to yell."

"Yes I did." He pointed behind them as two ponies were approaching them.

"Spitfire and Soarin'? Oh. My. Gosh." She rumbled with excitement.

"Let's say hello, shall we?" He got up and walked towards them as Rainbow followed.

"You must be Cole, right?" The orange one with flame-like hair greeted, she was Spitfire.

"The Conduit? Yep." He placed his hands on his waist.

"Rainbow, nice to see you again." She noticed her.

"Nice to see you too, Spitfire!" She quickly replied.

"So, the 'Hero of Equestria' came to see our show?" She questioned, he chuckled.

"Yeah, Rainbow here - got tickets and I decided, what the hell? Why not?"

"Say, you couldn't show us a demonstration of your lightning, could you?" Spitfire asked him.

"Me? I'd be honored. Show me the way." She led him a large bundle of clouds on the track.







"Strut your stuff peacock. We'll be over in the stadiums." Spitfire flew off leaving the Conduit alone. The ponies all stared at the man standing on a cloud, flexing.

"Showtime." Cole cracked his neck and bent down to ready position.

He first released a torrent of wind, lightning and dust known as Ionic Vortex. Their mouths dropped as it released, bringing puffy clouds into the swirling tornado. It stopped quickly as he hooked to a higher cloud with his Lightning Tether. He bounced off the cloud and unleashed many forms of Bolts, Grenades and Rockets upon the cloud he was standing on.

He smiled and slammed into the ground with a Thunder Drop, causing the clouds to dissipate. He hooked back to safety with his Lightning Tether once more.

"So, how was that Spitfire?" He asked as came back to them. Everypony clapped at his performance.

"That was amazing. At first, I thought it was a lie that you could use lightning but you sure proved me wrong." She admitted.

"Dude, that was epic." Soarin bluntly commented.

"I aim to please." He dusted the cloud specs off of him and stared at the till gawking Rainbow. "If you think that's awesome, I still have some tricks up my sleeve." He poked Rainbow with 20 volts of lightning causing her to jump high. "Easy..." He chuckled.

"That... was awesome." She muttered.

"Good to know. Rainbow, ready to head home?" Cole asked.

"Yeah. Later guys." They walked off as the two waved. They got back to ground relatively quickly.

"So, that was actually pretty nice. I didn't use up too much energy and I think I made more friends. You?"

"Yeah, Spitfire and Soarin respect people who can amaze them." She smirked.

"Hey, I'm actually tired after that show. So, I'm going to head home and sleep. Later." He walked off, waving goodbye. Rainbow raised her hoof up in protest but lowered it back.






"Yeah... later." She sighed.

Author's Note:

Short chapters? What is wrong with you, Joe? Don't worry, stuff will get epic soon. For now, things will remain as they are. A lot of things are going to happen so I am going to input my best writing into it. Trust me, I'm not good with 'Slice Of Life'. I suck at it like Romance and... other stuff like that.

Anyway, constructive criticism is always welcomed and highly appreciated.