• Published 17th Sep 2013
  • 4,275 Views, 73 Comments

Fade Away - JoeBobWhitney



inFamous 2 crossover. This story takes place only a few months after the non-canon Evil Karma ending of inFamous 2 where Cole MacGrath sides with the Beast.

  • ...
11
 73
 4,275

Act X: Agitation

"Hey, pal. You got the time?" A very worried, but relaxed over-weight man asked.

"Yep, five o' clock." The man replied happily.

"Thanks." Zeke sighed and kept walking along the sidewalk. He looked up and saw people flying around and enjoying the time of their lives. He continued his pace, feeling depressed because of his loneliness. Zeke knew technically he was the last of kind here. A Human in a Conduit world, somehow. If he kept low, he wouldn't have to worry about his safety. He finally reached the building of where him and Cole used to chill in New Marais. He pushed open the front door and coughed as he walked in. Dust, cobwebs and other dirty pieces of air filled his nostrils and his throat. He quickly made his way up and reached the door to the roof shortly. He exhaled deeply as he escaped the dirty, dusty O2 filled building. He stared up at the crisp blue sky and wished for this nightmare to be over.


Cole slept soundly in his bed as time passed around him. Clouds went by, ponies slept, the moon raised and lowered in time. In his sleep, he only dreamed of his friend that had suddenly disappeared. He knew that he was alive, somewhere. At least, Cole hoped that he was alive. A man can only have so much hope shattered before he finally says fuck it and gives the middle finger to hope and remembers that it is not to be trusted.

Cole didn't want to say that he was dead, not again. The pain of his friend no longer with him ached in his heart and almost made life not living. However, Cole knew that somewhere in the endless universe that he was there, far away. Somewhere.... Cole suddenly woke up, rubbing his head. He gets up slowly and heads outside. He opens the front door to see a rising sun. He ignores the beauty and stares up at the sky, hoping that his friend somewhere is staring back...

~~~~~~~~~HOURS LATER~~~~~~~~

"So, Cole. What's on the agenda today?" A ready cyan rainbow-maned pegasus asks a despressed Cole.

"Most likely nothing." He states, Rainbow stops moving and stares at him. She begins laughing and wiping a metaphorical tear.

"You had me going there, Cole." She chuckles. "But, seriously."

"I'm serious, Rainbow. I feel like doing nothing today. Sorry." He sighs as grabs a orange from a nearby stand and drops a few bits at the same time.

"What, why?" She asks, obviously confused.

"My friend is gone. I've asked everyone and they said that they haven't seen him since the party. Something happened to him and I have no idea where he is, Rainbow." He snarled lightly. "That's why." He stormed off, leaving a still confused Rainbow behind him. He headed towards the park looking for some peace. He reached it shortly and sat on the familiar bench he was sitting on with Lyra. As he sat there, a sad sigh left his mouth as he stared at the birds in the trees.

He noticed a family of bluejays in the branches. A father, mother and two babies ready to leave the nest. They took off and flapped their wings as they leave. He stared at them as one finds a red cardinal friend. They begin to tweet and chirp and make friends as they sit there. Then, the red cardinal leaves, leaving the bluejay alone. Cole angrily threw a nearby rock at the tree and stormed off. As he left, the cardinal came back, a worm in it's beak.









As a familiar cyan pegasus approaches Golden Oaks Library, all she can think about is her bipedal friend. She slammed through the door, yelling for Twilight. "TWILIGHT!"

"What in the world, Rainbow?" She questioned as she came down from upstairs.

"Do you have any idea what happened to Zeke?" Rainbow asks her, she begins thinking as she starts tapping her hoof on her chin.

"No, why?"

"He's gone and Cole's sad. It really hurts me to see him like this. He was so awesome and now... he's kinda downing the town's mood. I want to help him." Rainbow admits.

"I'm sorry for Cole but Zeke hasn't been seen since the party." She notifies Rainbow. Rainbow exhales loudly.

"Yes, I know that. But, how? Pon- people don't disappear like that. Especially if they don't have magic!" She reminds Twilight. Her eyes go wide at her reminder, she gasps.

"You're right. Zeke had no way to leave like that! Come on, Rainbow! We're going to Sugarcube Corner!"

~~~~~~~CANTERLOT~~~~~~~~

"Tia. Do you know of the Human, Zeke Jedediah Dunbar's disappearance?" Luna asks her sister, Celestia.

"No. When did he disappear?" She replies.

"Around twelve thirty. Nopony has seen him since. I can no longer detect his aura which means he has somehow passed or has left our realm." She exclaims.

"Both would be horrible to know. Cole must be distraught."

"Yes, he is. We have seen his latest behavior. It is unlike his usual demeanor, so full of life and now, he is empty." She sighs sadly as Celestia places a hoof around her neck.

"I know that he is alive, trust me. We will find him and inform Cole of his current location." She declared, full of confidence.

"I hope so. I do not like seeing him like this."

~~~~~~~~~PONYVILLE~~~~~~~

Cole sat in his house, on the couch staring at the wall. He gritted his teeth and stood up. He grabbed a table and flipped it. Grabbing a chair with Kinetic Pulse, he rammed that into a wall, creating a hole. He unsheathed his Amp and whacked walls and things with it, breaking it, shattering it or straight up blowing it up. Minutes later after his destruction, he sobbing on the floor.

"Zeke. Where the hell are you?" He cried. Sniffling, he stood back up. He went in his kitchen, grabbing a small knife from his knife storage block, he then went up into his bathroom, sighing. Staring at his reflection, he raised the knife near his neck. At that moment, Twilight and Rainbow walked in and saw the knife.

"Cole! Suicide is not the answer!" Twilight urgently grabbed the knife with her magic and pulled it away.

"Suicide? Why the hell would I do that?" He asks them.

"Because. Zeke?" She reminded him.

"I was shaving!" He raised his hands in the air.

"Wait, what?"

"Ugh. Watch." He groaned. He grabbed back the knife and began lightly cutting away at the hairs growing at his chin. "There. Male Humans AND Conduits grow hair around their face. We don't need to shave it but I don't want a fourteen inch beard. Anyway, what do you want?"

"We're going to investigate Zeke's disappearance. We wanted to know if you wanted to help. But then, we saw you and well.. you know the rest."

"You know what, sure. I'm coming. Let me get a shower first. I'll meet you at Sugarcube Corner." He scooted them out and closed the door. They left for the store, leaving the Conduit to his shower. Five minutes later, he met with them at the store, feeling refreshed.

"So, how are you going to do this, investigator?" Cole placed his hands around his waist, tapping his foot impatiently.

"Simple. Look for any magic traces as Zeke couldn't of just straight of left. He would of returned to here." Twilight's horn lit up and she started walking around the store, looking for magic traces. Minutes later, she found one. "Here! It's very strong but very hidden. Hang on." She began analyzing the magic, concentrating on who it could be. "The magic... is a simple teleportation spell but enhanced to extreme measures. Meaning Zeke is maybe light years away." She explains.

"So, he is alive?"

"Yes." That revived Cole. He finally knew that his friend was currently alive and it did wonders for him.

"So, is there a way to locate him?"

"Most likely not. Princess Celestia would have to help with that."

"Alright then. So, what now?"

"That's up to you, Cole. We could either get Princess Celestia to help or do this ourselves. Up to you."

"I'll be the chooser of that." A regal voice spoke from behind. The voice belonged to the Princess herself.

"Princess Celestia! When did you get here."

"A minute ago. I listened to your conversation to see how well your magic has become. It pained me to see you like this, Cole."

"Thanks. Anyway, mind helping?"

"Not at all." She walked up, lighting her horn. She began searching the regions of space, combined with the presence of this magic, she roughly located his location. "A planet. Blue oceans, green, brown and orange landscapes. Water, however seems to cover most of it."

"He's on... Earth." Cole declared.

"How? Somepony would need to know Earth to send him there." Twilight exclaimed.

"Not exactly." Princess discontinued that. "If the user used a randomized teleportation spell, one can thrown anywhere. Randomization enhancements alter spells in the sense of randomization. Luckily, Zeke landed on Earth. However, using Randomize enhancements are almost impossible to use for anypony besides me and Luna. Either there is a powerful unicorn or a unknown alicorn running about."

"I guess I have to thank them for sending him there, I guess." Cole chuckled.

"I will look further into this. I must be off, sadly. Farewell." She then teleported, blinding them.

"Again, what now?"

"Again, up to you Cole. I'm going to do the same as Princess Celestia and look into this. I don't know what you and Rainbow are going to do." She then teleported, leaving Rainbow and Cole to themselves.

"Wanna prank some ponies?" Rainbow suggested, a mischievous smile on her face.

"You had me at prank." Cole smirked.





~~~~~~~~EARTH~~~~~~~~

"Hey! Screw you Fabien!" Zeke yelled at his TV screen. It was currently playing a show called Love is a Lie. Fabien, the main person of the show, was cheating with Maria Moréz, a beautiful woman. "She loved you and you cheated on her! You deserve to be alone for the rest of your life, you dumb french!" Zeke continued watching his odd show as Cole and Rainbow prank the every living hell out of ponies.

~~~~~~~PRANKVILLE, PONYVILLE~~~~~~~~

"You sure this will work? Pinkie IS the queen of pranks. Well, besides me." Rainbow asked a busy Cole.

"Yes, completely. I saw this from a show that did a bunch of stupid stuff. This one worked perfectly. Alright, done! Hurry here comes Pinkie!" Cole instantly hid behind the wall that he setting up stuff on. Pinkie came around the corner, waving to her friend.

"Rainbow! There you are! I've been searching for you forever, some ponies aren't as fast as you."

"Yeah, I know. I'm really sorry but have you seen this note?" Rainbow raised her hood towards the heart shaped piece of paper. Pinkie got really close to it and began reading. Cole from behind the wall, pulled the string that was attached to a machine that fired flour, pudding and frosting. He thought of a fist but he didn't want to hurt anyone. Pinkie was then blasted with the gross ingredients.

"Oooo! What's this?" He raised her hoof and placed her hoof on the stuff covering her face and licked it. "Ew! Flour is gross, why would you use it with chocolate pudding and vanilla frosting alone?"

"You should go look in a mirror." Rainbow tried so hard not to laugh. Pinkie found a mirror and began laughing herself. First was Rainbow and then Cole finally fell shortly after.

"You should of seen the look on your face!" Rainbow laughed, holding her sides.

" I should of!"

"Oh, man. That... was awesome. I've never had as much fun as this. Pranking was such a good idea. Really got rid of my somber mood. Pinkie, you might want to wash that off. Or eat it, I don't care. Just do something before me and Rainbow die." Cole wiped away his tears of great mirth.

"I wouldn't want that! I'll back in a pinkie!"

"Doesn't she me- Never mind. She's just being Pinkie." Cole dusted himself off as always and helped Rainbow up after her fit of laughter.

"Yeah, that was good. Seriously, whoever did that were some pretty funny dudes." Rainbow stated, Cole chuckled and they began walking out of Sugarcube Corner.

"Yeah, Johnny Noxville was a hilarious man. He still is, I mean. He's still up and about but I kinda can't see it, sadly." He sighed and stared skyward.

"You miss your home, don't you?" Rainbow asked.

"Yeah, Zeke is there too. I love this place and everything but It's not my home. If I had to chance to go back, I'll probably take it. But, not if I can't always come back and visit. I admire this place's will to thrive without technology simply because you have magic. If possible, you guys could create cars at your will if you knew the ins and outs of it." Cole smiled warmly.

"What's a car?" Rainbow asked.

"I tell you later. For now, let's find some more stuff to do." He ran off, surprising Rainbow.

"Hey, get back here!" Rainbow called for him as jumped from building to building, using his parkour skills. A tad rusty but sharp enough his skills were. Cole reminisced on times like this. Peaceful, playful ignorant days. He never had to worry about anything and he was free to do whatever he wanted. Now, he had powers and responsibilities. The "With great power comes great responsibility" was one hundred and ten percent true.

~~~~~~~~SOMEWHERE~~~~~~~~~~

"Princess Cadence. Shining Armor has requested you, your majesty."

"I'll be right there!"

"Alright then."

In her room, Princess Cadence sighed and stared at her reflection. Her mane was unkempt was greased with sweat. Her coat had little not-taken care of tufts on it. Her eyes were bloodshot and she was a mess. She sighed and grabbed her brush and began combing it. Why she was like that? If your thinking it happened in bed, you're sick or perverted. No, she was up late researching recent disturbances. Black spiraling crystals have appeared on the outskirts of the Crystal Empire. They contain small amounts of dark magic in them reminiscent of King Sombra's magic.

However, he was blasted into smithereens and the only thing left was his horn. Which Princess Celestia kept in a box that was locked with her magic. That was sealed in a magic-proof room. That was also locked with more magic and was in the deepest depths of the Castle. So, it was impossible that he could return. But, Cadence was worried and began looking into recent cases and files. It took some time, shampoo and some magic, but she was back to normal. She sighed and stared at her reflection once more. He put on her best showcase smile and left her room. As she left, she swore she heard faint laughing but blamed her tired condition.

"Cadence. There you are!" Shining greeted his wife happily. She smiled but was tired anyway.

"Yes, I was getting ready. You know, brush my mane, take a shower, you know. Girl stuff!" She exclaimed, Shining took it as that and ignored the haste in her words.

"Hey, have you heard about the black crystals outside of the Empire? I've looked into it and so have our guards. It contains dark magic like Sombra's. We're worried but we're trying not to start things. If this gets out, the whole Empire will be afraid."

"Yes, I've even looked into it. Honestly, I don't believe he could of regenerated from only his horn, you know." Cadence exclaimed, Shining began thinking.

"I know but what about that... Cole - person?" Shining pinpointed. Cadence deadpanned at him.

"Really dear?"

"Yeah! Don't you remember Discord tricked Cole into harming the Elements and my sister! I don't like him one bit." He huffed, Cadence sighed at his ignorance.

"Really? If you don't like him that much then bring him here. I'm sure he doesn't have anything important to do."

"You know what, I am. I'm going to go write a letter and you'll see. But, he's coming alone. Nopony else." Cadence rolled her eyes and smiled at her husbands antics and beliefs. She shook her head and went off.

~~~~~~~CANTERLOT CASTLE~~~~~~~~

Once again, sipping tea and reading reports is Princess Celestia's motto, it seems. A letter appears but she catches her tea. She smirks and unwraps the letter.

Dear Princess Celestia

I, Shining Armor, the Captain of the Royal Guard request the presence of Cole MacGrath in the Crystal Empire for questioning and confirmation of his motives. Respond as soon as you can, Princess.

From Shining Armor

She stares at the letter before she begins chuckling. She turns to her guards.

"Please Guards -" She stops herself and chuckles once more. "Prepare a Chariot but not for me. Go to Ponyville and ask of Cole MacGrath to come to Canterlot alone, will you?' The guards are confused at this request but go do their job anyway. She realizes herself how odd that sounded and the letter sounded ridiculous. She checked to make sure that no guards are around and began actually laughing.

~~~~~~~~PONYVILLE~~~~~~~~

"Gotta catch me, Rainbow!" Cole taunted the cyan pegasus following him. She could not catch him not because of his speed but because of his agility. His Lightning Tether allowed great distance away from her and his great free-running skills allowed him to jump from building to the next. "Too slow, too low and too high!" He laughed as Rainbow tried to catch him. They weren't playing Tag either. Oh no, they went to Rarity's and she said some things that she shouldn't of and showed some pictures she shouldn't of. Cole took one and presented it to Rainbow. She got pissed, try to grab it, Cole took off.

"Get back here!" She yelled after him, he simply ignored her and continued booking it until he hit a tree. Twilight's, to be specific.

"Fuck." He groaned as he rubbed his face. He opened his eyes to a see a blue object hurl itself at him. "SHI-" He was blasted off the roof and into the sky, letting the picture drop aimlessly.

"Hah! I'll take that." She grabbed the paper and was instantly thrown into a tornado by Cole, no doubt. He plucked the picture out and walked off as the vortex had it's fun.

"Later, Dashie'!" He laughed as she was thrown about. Don't worry, she'll be fine. The plot demands it. However, Cole might not. Just as he was heading off, he saw a golden chariot arrive but with no Princess. "Uh.. guys? Aren't you supposed to have a giant pony on the back of that?" He joked.

"No. The Princess has requested you and you, alone, to come to Canterlot."

"Oh. Cool. Take me away, I guess. Later, Dashie!" He hopped on the Chariot and flown back to Canterlot. The vortex stopped as he left, leaving a PISSED Rainbow there.

"He's dead." She hissed. "Oh, so very dead."

Author's Note:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IS APPRECIATED AND ALWAYS WELCOMED. NOTHING MORE.