• Published 8th Sep 2013
  • 852 Views, 67 Comments

Adventures of Shasta - veteranbrony



a wolf defies the pack and seeks refuge with fluttershy. My first attempt at a Fanfic. hope you all like!

  • ...
11
 67
 852

Apple of my eye

Well I felt like the stupidest person ever. I'm such a charmer, too. I stood there waiting for something- anything to happen to wake me from this nightmare of stupidity. Finally one of the ponies spoke up. The pink earth pony who had been jumping around said,
" A wolf!"
Okay I know I'm not one to judge, but no duh. Then the purple unicorn spoke up and said another obvious fact.
"And it can talk!"
Thank you captain obvious and captain obvious junior. I was thinking of some clever yet sarcastic remark to say, when I heard Rainbow dash say
"Don't worry girls, Stay back. I'll save us!"
with that the cyan pony flew towards me at top speed, her multi color hair flowing in the wind. Next thing I knew, I was on the ground with rainbow dash above me. She raised her front hooves in a rearing position. I was wondering what she was doing, and was totally oblivious to the fact that her hooves were rapidly approaching my face. I realized what was happening when her hooves were about 5 inches from my face. I moved my head to the side and heard a loud THUD. I looked at her hooves, then at her face, then back to the hooves. I finally finished processing things. That would have killed me. Rainbow dash was trying to kill me! I looked at her in horror as she reared again, ready to strike for a second time. My fight or flight instincts kicked in. I got to my feet and moved my paws as fast as I could. I knew it was no use, though. I had seen her fly. She was FAST. If her goal was to kill me, she was going to succeed. I dismissed all my thoughts and focused on running... running to... umm... WHAM! I stopped, closing my eyes immediately. But... there was no pain... was I dead? I opened my eyes and turned around to see rainbow dash and fluttershy on the ground. I could not figure out for the life of me why they were, though. I ran over to them, and the other ponies started to, but when they saw me, they backed off, not wanting to be killed. I went over to examine the damage. They were alive. Slightly bruised, but alive. Fluttershy opened her eyes and I helped her up.
"Thanks, shasta", she said. I nodded and asked,
"What happened?! I was running and I turned around and you were on the ground!"
"I-i well umm" she stuttered,
"WHAT THE HECK, FLUTTERSHY!?!" rainbow dash yelled. "Why would you do that! I was Trying to protect us from that monster and you just jumped in and-"
"He's no monster, he is my friend! That's what i've been trying to say!" Fluttershy interrupted.
A third voice came from behind rainbow dash.
"That... Thing... is your friend?"
I looked behind rainbow dash to see the white unicorn, a look of disgust on her face. I... I was angry. Even after fluttershy said I was her friend, they don't like me. I was Angry. I was Mad. I was... Interrupted by southern voice.
"Now hold on there, rarity."
Rarity is the white, Snobby unicorn. Duly noted.
"If he is Fluttershy's friend, I trust him. He can't be that bad."
"Applejack is right." came yet another voice, this one coming from the purple unicorn who had been reading the book. "Fluttershy would never hang out with somepony that is not trustworthy."
"But Twilight, He's not a pony" the Pink earth pony said with a little giggle.
"I can see that, Pinkie." said Twilight, the purple book loving unicorn.
"Why don't we go back to the swimming pool? Shasta, do you want to come?" asked fluttershy. Rainbow dash And rarity looked completely disgusted, as Applejack, Pinkie, and Twilight agreed.
"No way in Celestia's name am I swimming with that freak!"
That did it. Everypony broke into an argument, while I just stood there like a sitting duck. They argued for a good while, and I decided to speak up. I had enough.
"You know, I'm still here" I said as Rainbow dash shouted Something about me to Pinkie that I shall not repeat. All eyes turned to me. I was no good under pressure... or under normal circumstances. Then I heard a growl. My first instinct was that Taka was back and I would have to defend Everypony. Then when everypony was still looking at me more quizzically, I realized It was my stomach. I was starving. I hadn't eaten since... Well I can't remember the last time I had eaten. And then another more pressing thought crossed my mind. What Was I going to eat? Wolves are carnivores... And there is no way I could eat meat without Everypony hating me all over again. Well... wolves are carnivores under most circumstances, but... We eat berries too! That's It! I would eat berries!. I realized how awkward it was. I had gotten their attention and not said anything for a good 30 seconds.
"Umm... Got any berries to eat?" I said with a pained expression from how stupid I was. Applejack's ears perked up and she seemed to get really happy.
"Well I don't know about berries, but over at sweet apple acres, We got all the apples your heart desires!"
Hmm... Well it was better than nothing. I decided I would go and try it. If it didn't work, I would have to go in the woods looking whenever I got hungry.
"That sounds great. Is it okay if I go, Fluttershy?" I asked. She laughed and told me
"Shasta, I'm not your mom. You don't have to ask me if you can do things. Treat me more like a friend. Or family."
Oh celestia she was amazing. So nice, and Kind and...
My stomach growled again. I followed applejack out of the wooden fence and through ponyville. Oddly enough, I didn't see anypony there. In fact, windows were barred. It looked deserted. I wondered what had happened until we came across a lavender colored unicorn(who I now know as Fireheart), Who ran inside immediately when she saw me. I was known. Everypony was hiding inside. Rainbow dash must have warned everypony about me and they were too scared to even go outside. That sure raised my spirit.
We kept on walking until we came across a huge orchard of apple trees. In the center, there was a pink barn, with a house next to it.
"Welcome to sweet apple acres." She said.

Author's Note:

Ooooookayyy.... Well... Hi... Sorry for not doing anything for a while. I needed help and only Xaldon Ajide was of any help. Special shout out to you. Also a shout out to my... hopefully friend... MeepyMeeper. Fireheart is Meepy's oc. Check PonyMystic's deviantart account (MeepyMeeper's DA account). Go ask meepy to come back as he/she recently quit. You will be dearly missed. And last but not least Thanks to all my supporters who have kept me going through this. This is really nerve wracking as I dont know what you guys will like or hate. P.S. If you have noticed random capitalization in my stories, sorry. Its a wierd thing I do... I have been Trying to get better at not doing it.