• Published 8th Sep 2013
  • 853 Views, 67 Comments

Adventures of Shasta - veteranbrony



a wolf defies the pack and seeks refuge with fluttershy. My first attempt at a Fanfic. hope you all like!

  • ...
11
 67
 853

The Wind Beneath the Wing

I couldn't believe this was actually happening! I had a family! I was so caught up in the moment that I didn't hear the rushing sound rapidly approaching. WHAM! I felt a dull, pounding pain on the side of my chest. Assuming it was Taka, I instinctively turned around and bit. Then, as if it were in slow motion, I realized the mistake I had made. How quickly can you break a promise? Sheesh, must be a new record. I was not biting on to a vicious, maniacal wolf, but the leg of a light blue pegasus with rainbow hair. I let go, and the force of the kick sent both me and the pony across the yard. I yelped as I felt my head slam against the wooden fence with a loud THUNK! The pegasus got off me, staring at her injured leg. I fled. As I bolted towards the house,a thought raced through my mind. Had Fluttershy not trusted me at all and raised the alarm? Did I not have a family?

My suspicions were proved incorrect, however, as when I turned around, I saw Fluttershy yelling at the rainbow pony. I didn't even know that she could yell. Even as she was yelling her voice was as beautiful as ever. I saw the other pegasus point at me with a hoof, and Fluttershy yelled some more. I was too far away to tell what they were saying, but one thing is for sure. They were talking about me. Fluttershy beckoned me over. I didn't want to, but I did anyways. But not before going inside and grabbing a package of gauze. I slowly but surely walked over to where the two pegasi were now talking instead of yelling. I caught the name, Rainbow Dash. I don't know how, but I somehow just knew that was the rainbow pony. I'm just psychic that way.

I came over, and handed the gauze to Fluttershy, who immediately started wrapping Rainbow Dash's wound.
"Thank you, Shasta."
She said after she was finished with Rainbow Dash. I didn't feel like talking. I didn't even make eye contact with the new pegasus. After a while, Rainbow Dash spoke up.

"I can't believe it. You are friends with a WOLF! Haven't you seen the news lately? They are bloodthirsty, vicious creatures! And when I try to save you from your imminent death-"

"He would NEVER hurt me!"
Fluttershy said.

"See? You care more about a wolf than your friend!"
Rainbow Dash responded.

"Shasta is my friend too, you know! And you attacked him first. Now, apologize to him."
Fluttershy explained. Rainbow Dash kind of just stared at me for a while, occasionally looking at Fluttershy. After a while, She said,

"Thats it I'm outta here. I always knew you were obsessed with animals, but this is just crazy."
with that, she flew off faster than I had seen anything move in my life. I had a sudden realization, and felt very guilty.

"I... I just lost you a friend..."
She looked at me and said,

"Oh. She is always like that. She can be very moody sometimes. But she will come back."
I wasn't too sure, but then I looked in her eyes. I saw nothing but complete and total truth in those big, round eyes. I smiled, and she said,

"Its getting late. We should probably head inside."
We went inside, and went to bed. Well, not exactly bed. Fluttershy offered me the bed, but I told her it was her bed, and i would not sleep there. Then she offered me the couch to which I said,

" I don't know, Fluttershy, your bunny looks pretty happy there."
She looked over to the couch, where the bunny, (Who now I know to be Angel), was fast asleep on the couch. We both shared a laugh, and I told her I would be fine on the floor. She wasn't too happy about it, but eventually she let me sleep there. And that was the first night of the rest of my life.

Author's Note:

Sorry about the huge gap between chapters, my life has been very busy recently. Thanks for your patience, and I hope you enjoyed! PS. Since I am doing the story in first person, the character of Shasta has become A lot like me: Impulsive, Sarcastic, and pretty low self esteemed. :twilightsmile: also sorry for the short chapter, I hope it isn't too big a deal if not all my chapters arent over 1000 words. If it is a problem, just tell me and I will make sure that they will be from now on.