• Published 28th Aug 2013
  • 1,477 Views, 36 Comments

Applejack in Lordran - Simbody



Applejack finds herself the bearer of an ancient and mysterious curse

  • ...
6
 36
 1,477

Soap, Stones, Mirrors and Magic

Twilight stood on one of the many balconies of Princess Celestia's castle, overlooking the green hills and plains that stretched far into almost every direction, clear skies allowed the sun to beam over all of Equestria that was now visible. Ponyville was visible on the horizon but Twilight wasn't here for the view.

The orange stone Luna has used can go through the portal...maybe if I cover myself...No, Twilight, that obviously won't work She rolled her eyes at herself.
Perhaps there is a certain property the stone has which allows it to work with the mirror that way...maybe it's just magic; As I'm sure every pony knows, magic does exist...UGH! What am I going to do?! Twilight shook her head at the floor in irritation.

"What's the matter, princess?" A warm, familiar voice came from the archway behind her.

"Oh! Princess Celestia! It's very strange to hear you say that!" Replied Twilight.

Smiling softly, Princess Celestia said "you earned the title of princess and because you are no longer my student, it is only right for me to call you princess! But you do seem conflicted."

Twilight could only manage a small chuckle. Carefully, she considered the best way to explain what was on her mind. Ah ha! she concluded to herself. "The orange stone that I saw Princess Luna use, can go through the portal and so I have tried to think of ways that I might use it to get myself through the portal!"

"An un-wise idea" came the voice of Princess Luna from around the archway. Luna stood next to her sister, both in the archway, facing Twilight; Luna's face gave an impression of a warning while Celestia's seemed calm. Luna spoke.

"The orange stone is merely meant for relaying messages to other worlds, even the messages don't always make it to the intended world and are often seen in many worlds at once. Using it to travel could tear you apart!

The emphasis placed on those last words startled Twilight more so than the words themselves.

"She simply means to say that using the orange stone to travel to Lordran-"
Lordran! Twilight stored that name for later research.
"-is very dangerous because the message is split and copied many times and travels to many places at once. Isn't that right?" Celestia finished, looking to her younger sister.

"Yes sister." Replied Luna, not returning her gaze but staring intently at Twilight.

"There is simply no way to travel there!" Princess Luna exclaimed. Princess Celestia gave an unusual look at her sister.

"Come, Luna, we have things to discuss" Princess Celestia commanded before turning and entering the castle. Luna briefly hesitated, opening her mouth as if to speak to Twilight but turned, instead, and followed her older sister.

"What?..." Twilight asked no pony. what...was it a bad idea to bring that up? Princess Luna must know something for her to be so...defensive! although a feeling of unease had set in, she continued to think of a way to help her friend.

The wind blew softly through her mane and sun shone brightly around her, idle thoughts began to dominate her mind. She saw trees and birds, ponies and the guards among them, she gazed at the castles' infrastructure, its walls, the statues and buildings...

Statue! Portal! Mirror! Of course! A feeling of elation exploded within Twilight as her epiphany came to her; I can build a portal with the mirror to...Lordran! Just like i did to get back to the human world! Genius! Twilight complimented herself and bolted into and in through the castle halls to the room where the mirror sat.

Oh! I really need to research- oh, what's happening now? Twilight stepped closer to the mirror, observing Applejack sneaking past a small tower. Intrigued, she stayed to observe.

------------

A sudden stab of pain in her mane pushed Applejack forward almost toppling her down a set of stairs; A sword thrust into her chest just a second later. The pain was paralyzing and she could only lay on the stairs as she watched her own blood drip down the stairs to the feet of a hollow. Darkness.

She opened her eyes and found herself back at the bonfire where the ladder still hung high above her reach
"GOSH DARN IT! THAT BUGGER GOT ME GOOD AND WHEN I GET BACK OVER THERE...!" Applejack shouted angrily at the room around her, she growled and stomped her hoof on the ground.

A loud pop echoed in the room, as if someone popped one of Pinkie's balloons at the end of a long hallway. Applejack stopped to listen and felt tingling in her hooves, the feeling quickly went up her legs and into her torso up to her head. She instantly went from anger to fear as she felt her body shifting somehow, changing. Panicking, she started onto her hind legs and backed up against the wall, falling onto a small pile of bags.

The feeling stopped. she felt fine again but her heart was racing and her eyes were darting around the room for some clue as to what just happened, but there was nothing. She stood up, staring into the bonfire, trying to catch her breath. Somethin' ain't right thought Applejack as she wiggled her bare toes on the cold ground.

Woah! what the hay?! Toes? I have toes? she flailed her hands in fright And hands! And fingers! "I'm a Human!" she finished her thoughts aloud, becoming suddenly self aware of her new body. "This ain't natural, I ain't supposed to be no Human!"

she recalled what Twilight had told her about Humans after her first time through the mirror. Humans could do a lot of things ponies couldn't. They didn't have magic and they couldn't fly but they can hold things in their hands, they write with their hands instead of their mouths and they can use a lot of tools a pony never could! After a moment to calm down, Applejack accepted her new body.

Let's see how to use these here uhh...legs and arms, I think. She thought before clumsily walking back towards the bonfire, the suddenly warmer and more enticing bonfire.

-----------

Fascinating! Even in Lordran ponies can become human, although I don't understand how! And unlike the portal I went through, Applejack didn't get any clothes when she became human... remembering that, she decided it was time to leave at that point. Twilight entered Celestia's library and began searching the shelves for any information referring to Lordran starting with the "L" section, of course. Twilight turned to the doorway, no one was there. A cold chill ran through her as if a pair of eyes had the intention of piercing her skin. She ignored the feeling and began to search.

...

No luck. Nothing with Lordran in the title could be found, she began searching randomly as different possible locations came into her mind. The feeling of being watched rarely went away since she started looking and she was getting a little panicky because of it. The sound of hoof steps came from the library's entrance, Twilight anxiously ran towards the entrance and jumped around the corner, prepared for anything, and saw Rarity with a look of surprise on her face, levitating two plates of food.

"My goodness darling! You startled me! Were you expecting someone?" Rarity said, still surprised.

Twilight relaxed her tensed body. "No, sorry, I feel like I've been watched ever since I came in here so I wasn't sure what to expect!" The feeling of being observed faded as she said this. Interesting

"Well dear, I was looking for you earlier and I had a feeling you might be here, and hungry, so I decided to visit with a delightful entree made by yours truly!" Rarity smiled gleefully at her culinary success and laid their lunch on a barren chess table nearby, pulling up a seat for herself and Twilight.
The dish contained some oats, fruit, and a mixture of unknown items which were, of course, decorated to look almost too nice to eat. That didn't stop Twilight from eating it but Rarity had felt the need to view her work prior to eating it.

"Hey...you realize that...you can just eat...your food and make...it again later...since you like to look...at it so much!" Twilight spoke in between bites of her food.

"Yes dear, I know, however I would never allow beauty to go un-noticed, especially if it is something that will never be seen again! Such a waste." Rarity considered her words Before eating her food. They ate quietly for a while and as time passed, Twilight began to feel uncomfortable again. Apparently Rarity also felt it because she began to look behind her and all around the room.

"Mm!" Rarity swallowed her food. "Have you been speaking to Rainbow Dash today?" She inquired.

"No, I haven't really spoken to anyone today."

"Oh! Do I ever have a story for you! Today, I was shopping in the market for a few items that Sweetie Belle wanted to try cooking; Mind you, I knew quite well what she had on the list that I should not get, nor did I leave her unattended while she cooked, but I digress."

Twilight nodded, chewing her food.

"I was waiting patiently in line when I noticed Rainbow Dash and another Pegasus were racing through the sky, which is really nothing new. I continued my shopping and noticed them again but they were much closer to the ground!" making it sound very dramatic.

"They swooped around the roof of a nearby building and came so close to the ground that they startled a poor old mare! oh, Twilight! you should have seen the absolute terror in her eyes!" Rarity stood from her seat and stared wide eyed at Twilight, who moved back a little, as Rarity exaggerated her story, moving with her words as if to re-enact the event.

"She flailed her old frail arms in the air, dropping all of her bags! Eggs splattered everywhere on the ground! The poor darling had no idea what was going on! I just had to help her and so I decided on the best thing to do! I helped that dear old mare pick up her things and even gave her my eggs, after all, owning a boutique means I don't have to worry about affording eggs and the like. I was struck in awe! How could that Rainbow Dash ever be so inconsiderate?! Actually, now that i think of it, she's been nothing but rude to every pony the last couple of days. When i see her again-"

"Rarity..." Rarity didn't stop talking.

"You can be sure she's getting an ear full from me for her unacceptable behavior! That Pegasus-"

"Hey! Listen!" Twilight tried to interrupt.

"Thinks she's all that and a stack of hay! well let me tell you! she is not-"

*Smack*

Rarity stopped, mouth gaping. "D-Did you just...hit me?!"

"Yes but you wouldn't-" Twilight started.

"Why you little! Argh!" Rarity hurled herself over the chess table at Twilight, knocking the plates of food off the table and landed face first on the ground, hind hooves still on the table; Twilight had quickly back stepped out of the way of Rarity's lunge.


"Rarity! Why are you being so aggressive?" Twilight inquired. Rarity stood, preparing to pounce at Twilight.

"You hit me!" Rarity shouted "I came here to visit you, I even brought food that I cooked and this is the thanks I get?!"

Rarity jumped towards Twilight but was caught in the air by a dark blue force field. Princess Luna stood in the library entrance. It was her who held Rarity aloft. After a futile effort to free herself from the princesses grasp, Rarity slumped in defeat and let out a sigh. Princess Luna released her and watched her leave the library, head down, mumbling something inaudible.

"Thank you princess...I don't know what's gotten into her, she isn't normally like that" Twilight explained. Luna did not reply immediately.

"I heard Rarity's story of generosity and have decided to inform you that you may find that which you seek in the old castle of my sister and I. You braved the dangers before the old castle with your friends but now you are alone. The ever free forest is no place for any pony like yourself."

"I can fly you know! I'm an Alicorn now!" Twilight reminded Luna.

"You still fly poorly and would likely have trouble on your own, regardless, I advise you not go alone and since your friends will not help you, then you should not go." Luna did not express any emotion and instead looked to a nearby window before leaving; The sun would soon be going down.

Unsure of what to think, Twilight gave up looking in this castles library, deciding to travel to the old castle in the morning.

--------

She stood before another fog door and put her hand onto the, surprisingly soft, fog and walked through without hesitation. I don' see the point of these fog thingies anyway, it ain't any more dangerous on one side or the other She was used to her new legs now and even figured out that her Human arms could swing harder and faster than her hooves, with that said, they aren't as strong on their own which she discovered punching and kicking bags and boxes around the bonfire; Applejack smiled at the thought of the bonfire which she couldn't get out of her mind since she became Human.

A snapping sound was audible from behind and Applejack immediately turned, shield raised, in time to block a bolt. She eyed two hollows atop the tower she came from.
You ain't gettin' me this time! she ran over to a ladder she spotted next to the tower's entrance and began to climb. A bolt narrowly missed her as she reached the top, she raised her shield again, blocking a shot from each and slammed her mace into the skull of a hollow, its bones crunched and blood spewed onto her weapon. The remaining hollow resorted to using its sword and made a stab at Applejack, she swiped the sword away with her shield and ended the hollows existence.

Applejack did something she hadn't considered doing, she took the hollows sword and armour, placing it upon herself in a not-so-perfect fit. she swung the sword to get a feel for it and observed her surroundings. From here, she could see a vast view of the surrounding land, a castle was visible and it was apparent the tower she stood on is a part of the outer wall of said castle. She could observe the area she came from and even the area she may yet go.

Applejack descended the tower ladder and walked along the wall. It was very wide but many bricks had crumbled and fallen off. she approached the other side of the wall and looked up at the tower; No hollows, Applejack relaxed and quickly tensed again but there is a bulky, furry, horned, bone-like weapon wielding giant about to leap off the tower!

Applejack's eyes expanded indefinitely as she turned completely around and sprinted towards the previous tower. This creature was huge! Its footsteps made the wall shake and it was quickly catching up to her. Mysteriously, the doorway was blocked by fog that she didn't have time to go through, she eyed the ladder and began to climb it. The creatures weapon slammed against the tower as she reached the top making her stumble forward. Applejack walked over to the ledge, the creature was staring straight up at her, waiting for her to come down, but she didn't; Instead, the creature jumped up onto the tower with Applejack, she fell back startled, got to her feet and prepared her weapons for her inevitable demise. She dodged swipes and smashes, slashing her sword at its legs at every opportunity but it didn't seem to be effective. After a tiresome few minutes of fighting she took a break and a sip of her estus, just enough time for the creature to bring his weapon from underneath Applejack and send her flying off the tower onto the bridge below.

The crushing pain of both the blunt attack and the fall paralyzed her. She saw it coming, it was undeniable. "I'll be back" Applejack whispered and the demon jumped from the tower and crushed her beneath its weapon.

--------

It was difficult to see through the dark even with her horn lighting the way. Twilight carefully walked along the overgrown path through the Everfree Forest; The night grew darker still as clouds converged over head and thunder began to sound throughout the sky. She hastened along the path, regretting the fact she was too anxious to wait like she had decided earlier.

The deep rumbling of thunder and flashes of lightning made Twilight panic inside. It began to rain, making it nearly impossible to see ahead, especially at her speed; she noticed she had begun to run and consciously made an effort to calm down. Just giggle at the ghostly... she said to her self with an uneasy chuckle.

The sky continued to explode with light and noise, sounding more violent than before. Twilight looked up to the sky, blinking so as not to allow the rain into her eyes; she heard the thunder again and a flash of light.

------

She was back atop the tower with one decapitated hollow and the others corpse slipping off the edge. She was still Human, although she noted when she had died that she was a pony and whatever she did turned her Human again, which she certainly didn't mind, she felt powerful...vengeful. I have never, in my life, felt this way about any pony but this ain't no pony and I don't feel no pity doing these things. She glared at the tower across the wall, that disgusting creature was perched on it, waiting for round two and a round two he'll get Applejack thought bitterly. She descended the ladder and walked towards the opposing tower feeling no fear.

The creature stirred and glared at Applejack who, in turn, bolted back towards her original location on the previous tower. This must have irritated it because she heard the loud crash and felt the shake of the creature landing on the wall but didn't turn back to look. She made her way to the tower just as her foe arrived at its base; It stared up at her again. Applejack glared angrily back, wielding her sword in two hands "Be gone, foul beast" she growled and leaped above the creature, plunging her sword deep into its skull! blood splattered, it flailed and screamed in agony, causing Applejack to lose her balance and fall onto her back, behind the creature, her sword remained embedded in its cranium. Applejack immediately held her mace as the thing turned to face her, she smashed its ankle, it fell to one knee, she smashed its stomach, it curled over and she smashed the hilt of her sword, driving it deeper into the beast. It wailed a deathly scream and, in a flash of light, dissipated into nothing and her sword clambered to the stone floor.

A burning sense of accomplishment consumed Applejack as she came to the realization of what she just defeated, panting, she smiled and yelled triumphantly!
"YEEEEEEEEHAWWW!" She hadn't felt so much adrenaline since beating the Flim Flam brothers in that cider making contest! She collected her gear and strutted confidently to the tower where the beast once stood.

------

A sound was audible, first, quiet and slowly grew louder; Much louder. Heavy rain pounded the rocky path and trees, Twilight flinched her ears in irritation at the volume of the noise, she shivered, clenching her eyes shut. She opened her eyes suddenly and panicked as she tried to look around.

"Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no!" Twilights heart raced as she she rushed to her hooves and toppled onto her side.

"I can't see!" She panicked, squirming in the dirt "I can't see!" She darted her head around hoping to see something, anything, but there was only light grey. Twilight began to sob "I'm sorry Applejack! I tried to save you but I failed...*sob*... I can't help you without my vision.."

"Twilight" a voice said. Twilight's ears perked and she reflexively looked for the source of the sound, which she did not find.

"It's okay Twilight, you haven't failed anyone" the voice was louder this time. there's no harm in looking around even if I am blind she consoled herself, she looked around again and she saw! A dull grey figure was standing some distance away, slowly walking closer. She couldn't make out the shape but the voice sounded familiar. "Fluttershy?" She asked the figure, no response.

"I'm so glad you're here! I thought I went blind because everything around me was grey and then I saw you and now I'm so happy that im not actually blind so I can continue to the castle ruins to help Applejack and I'm sorry for-" Twilight rambled on as the figure drew closer and became significantly larger as it did.

"Continue your journey twilight" Fluttershy's voice didn't sound any closer. Twilight rose to her hooves, awaiting the creature's approach. It growled, it had bright green eyes and as it drew closer, bared its claws and teeth. "Timber Wolf!" Twilight shouted as if anyone could hear her, she shut her eyes and her horn lit up, the wolf exploded into sticks and fragments. It seems this one was alone, extremely uncommon for any wolf. Twilight opened her eyes and processed what had occurred; she heard Fluttershy encourage her to continue, she blew up a timber wolf and discovered that she can, in fact, still see. She repulsed the thick grey fog from around her, noticing that there were no wolf remnants on the ground. Puzzled, Twilight stumbled along the path through the fog and rain which subsided considerably.

Twilight made it to the bridge before the castle and although it was tied on both ends, she didn't trust it. "I'm glad I'm an alicorn" twilight said aloud. She cautiously flapped her wings and hovered along the bridge, in case she didn't stay in the air, she would much rather land on a bridge than fall into a ravine. She made it safely across and proceeded to the castle whose entrance was blocked by giant trees. "I don't recall any trees here the last time I visited..." Twilight said, confused; she attempted to uproot a tree with her magic but she couldn't even grip it. She walked to the tree and looked up, she wasn't confident enough to fly over it. Her hoof attempted to touch the tree but simply went through it, Twilight gasped and, after a moment, walked through the tree as if it weren't there at all, like an illusion. She wasted no time and headed for the library remnants.

--------

To her left was a bridge and another part of the city which by now was more of a castle, to her right was a balcony lit by beautiful sunlight which, quite honestly, Applejack hadn't seen in some time. She trotted over to the balcony and found that there were two wide, but short, stair cases on either side of the balcony which led to another larger balcony and something standing there, staring into the sky. Applejack felt comfortable in the sun but was uneasy about this strange being, it was shaped like a human but looked different somehow; She decided to investigate...cautiously. It was a lovely area for sure, the balcony had an excellent view of the outer walls of wherever she was, a few mountains and many, many clouds below.

Applejack Stood on her hind legs and awkwardly walked closer to the figure, shield raised; As she approached the figure turned it's head towards her and spoke.

"Ah, Hello! You don't look hollow, far from it! In fact, you don't look human either, more like...a horse!" the figure said

This has to be a human Applejack thought "I ain't no horse! And just who are you?"

"I am Solaire of Astora, an adherent to the Lord of Sunlight." Applejack lowered her shield and dropped back down on all fours.
"Now that i am undead, I have come to this great land, the birthplace of Lord Gwyn, to seek my very own sun!" Applejack produced a confused expression upon her face

"Do you find that strange?" Applejack nodded "Well, you should! No need to hide your reaction. I get that look all the time! Hah hah hah!"
He sure sounds happy to be here. Applejack decided not to bother thinking about what an "undead" was or who Gwyn is. That's what Luna called me before she sent me here... she looked back at Solaire to see him staring into the sky again.

"Oh, ah hah! So, I didn't scare you?" Asked Solaire "Nah" replied Applejack

"I have a proposition, if you have a moment. Why not help one another on this lonely journey?" Solaire suggested.

"Yeah, okay" Applejack said, a little surprised

"This pleases me greatly! Well then, take this." Solaire handed a white stone like object to Applejack who held it curiously.

"Use this, to summon one another as spirits, cross the gaps between the worlds, and engage in jolly co-operation!" Solaire said enthusiastically "Of course, we are not the only ones engaged in this. But i am a warrior of the sun! Spot my summon signature easily by its brilliant aura. If you miss it, you must be blind! Hah hah hah!"

was that an insult? Probably not she thought. He was far too pleasant to have meant any harm. "Hey, are you Comin' too or not?" She asked as she turned to leave.

"Oh. I will stay behind, to gaze at the sun. The sun is a wondrous body. Like a magnificent father!...If only i could be so grossly incandescent."

"Alright then" Applejack said before turning again and heading up the stairs.

-----

*THUMP*

A book slammed on the ground in front of Twilight, startling her

"AHHHH!" She stared at the mare who tossed the book. "Princess, I know you're the princess of the moon and darkness and that Nightmare Night is probably your favorite night of the year but can you be just a little less scary?" Twilight suggested with a polite false smile.

"I am sorry princess Twilight, I certainly do not mean to scare you. Perhaps it is just who I am." Replied Luna

"Yes, well, perhaps it is. What is this book?"

"This book is that which you have been seeking. It is a brief history on the short time that Lordran came in contact with Equestria. Despite the relatively short time we were connected, the undead curse still managed to seep into our world." Princess Luna explained. "We were able to keep most of the curse out of our land and simply did away with any pony who had been affected by the curse."

"You just abandoned them?" Twilight asked

"No, not truly. Although they were sent to Lordran we were still able to contact them by building that mirror in our castle. With it, we were able to help the doomed ponies understand where they were. Be it fortunate or no, Applejack will not see any other pony such as herself as the curse has been contained far more than a thousand years ago."

Twilight was mildly intrigued by this information as well as the book at hoof.

"Take this" Luna said, pulling out a white stone, very similar to the orange one she knew about. "This white soapstone is similar to the orange stone in that you may write on the mirror, however, it has significantly different effects." Said Luna

"What does it do?" Twilight wondered

"Do what you are best at, young princess, read and again, you shall find what you seek." Princess Luna exited the library without waiting for a response from Twilight, who watched her leave before returning to her new found book. She started to read, or study, probably both.

...

...worlds became separated and so the great minds of Lordran devised a simple and easily manufacturable item to navigate between worlds, The white sign soapstone

"I guess that's what this is then" Twilight continued to read

many creatures threatened those within Lordran from hollows once human, to hollowed animals, demons and even drakes and dragons. It is this reason the white stone was necessary

Fascinating twilight thought to herself and continued to read.

-------

are they blind? Applejack asked herself. well, I suppose bein' dead n' all ain't no good for their eyes..

She was walking across a damaged bridge, bricks were scattered about, pieces of its side walls were missing and there were big black spots in places too, as if something stained the stone. The single, shielded hollow still hadn't noticed her despite the fact the she was walking straight towards it, there were other hollows in the distance and a staircase leading down just behind this hollow.

Applejack stood on her hind hooves and prepared her shield and mace, the hollow turned to face her but didn't look at her, instead it observed the sky above her. Confused and unconcerned, Applejack started to swing at it.

*SWOOSH*

A very loud sound, like that of a giant bird emitted behind her, she turned to face the noise and saw a dragon flying towards the bridge, mouth gaping open. She gasped in terror, turned and dropped to all fours, running for the staircase. The stairs were within her reach when she was set ablaze by the hellish fire the dragon sent forth.

The pain was even more horrific than the sight of the dragon, she felt her fur scorch her skin, her eyes burned, she couldn't feel her tail at all and all she could do was scream in agony. She reflexively began rolling on the ground, unable to see her surroundings, she tumbled down a set of stairs and crashed violently against a wall.

The fire no longer burned upon her. Her body ached, stung and burned all over, she didn't open her eyes but rested instead.

If Rarity could see me now, I bet she'd die just lookin' at me. Heh Applejack managed to think, before passing out.

-------

Although there were many threats and many reasons for the use of the white soapstone, the greatest threat to Humanity remained: itself!

"What the hay is that supposed to mean?" Twilight wondered allowed

Red sign soapstone and red eye orbs.

In addition to summon stones created to help one another, there were also red summon stones to hinder others on their journeys. At first, no one realized the red signatures were a bad thing, it was just another color, but over a surprisingly short period of time it became widespread knowledge that the intention of these signs was that of a dark heart.

Time passed and only those brave or foolish enough to willingly summon a foe would even look at these blazing red signals; as a result, and as is inevitable, a new form of assaulting others was created, The red eye orb. This was similar to the red stone but the orb did not wait for someone to accept the fight, it was far more invasive and, when used, would search for nearby worlds to invade.
This caught many a traveler off guard. Years later a blue eye orb would be created to protect those who have been plagued by the red eye orb, as described in chapter 6-2

--------

Applejack awoke an unknown amount of time later, she slowly opened her eyes and shivered; it was a lot colder than she ever really noticed. She started to get up from the ground and but lost her strength when she felt a tearing pain along the side she lay on. She tried again, rising slowly, and the tearing pain returned, she had never felt this feeling before; Applejack gritted her teeth and pushed herself off of the ground with all of her strength. She stood, screaming as a result of the sever pain she endured and the new burning feeling on the same side.

Applejack looked at the ground where she recently lay, severely nauseated by the sight on the ground, she saw patches of her fur and skin, black and glued to the ground and drops of blood on the ground around her.

"Damned dragon!" She cursed, noting that she ripped her wounds open merely by getting up and was bleeding, though not an alarming amount it was still a concern as she had nothing around to cover it with. She observed the damage the dragon had done, patches of black, red and orange consumed her body; burns, blood and her remaining fur. The thought of being in such a state caused her to lose balance for a moment.

Applejack walked towards a door way leading to what was likely to be a staircase, as opposed to going back up with the dragon or through another doorway to what seemed a dead end. She trudged down a small set of stairs, she noticed the rest of the staircase was broken, a large chunk missing, and a ladder she had just passed. The room below contained crates, bags and a bonfire.

Applejack examined the distance of the gap, under normal, not-roasted-by-a-dragon, circumstances she would be able to jump the gap and get down the stairs; she realized she couldn't get up the same way and elected to investigate the nearby ladder. The ladder did not reach the floor, it was still in a compact position; Applejack kicked the ladder down and proceeded to climb down the broken stairs, she had no strength to clench a ladder.

She was almost crawling now, inching her way towards the bonfire. She lost balance and toppled down the remaining few steps but managed to get back to her feet and continue to the fire. Applejack lay next to the bonfire and let the fire comfort her, she felt her body tingle and a feeling of warmth traveled through her. She felt better...she looked better, no more burns or scars, It was truly magic to her, despite knowing many unicorns.

Applejack rested her eyes and relaxed her body and dreamt of home...friends...family...Princess Luna. She scowled.

Author's Note:

I decided to drop AJ's pronunciation spelling to due spelling issues :applejackunsure: