• Published 28th Aug 2013
  • 1,477 Views, 36 Comments

Applejack in Lordran - Simbody



Applejack finds herself the bearer of an ancient and mysterious curse

  • ...
6
 36
 1,477

Night Fall

The sun shone brightly across the city, never rising or setting. A golden light highlighted everything that faced the sun. Anor Londo looked like a beautiful place to live and although no activity was noticeable, if felt like the land was prospering! Applejack, a Human, and Twilight, a Phantom, sat on a ledge enjoying the magnificent view. There was a very large castle directly in front of their vision but there was still so much to see despite it. There was no real point in having Twilight around as there was no immediate danger.

"It sure is nice to have you around again Twi." Applejack said, knowing that her friend couldn't reply.

"It gets real lonely in this place, i'd have gone crazy if it wasn't for you and Anon!" Applejack neglected to mention two specific incidences. "Nothing here seems to be very interested in conversation..." Applejack sighed, Twilight put her hand on her friends shoulder, trying to console her

It seemed peaceful here. Perhaps because the sun actually shone.

...

Applejack was vaguely aware of a distant sound and slight vibration. Twilight poked Applejack to get her attention, and shrugged in a questioning manner.

"Yeah I did feel something, I don't remember what it means though" Applejack told Twilight, looking around. She saw a phantom like the one her and Anon had fought before but this one was blue and held a katana!

Twilight and Applejack stood and prepared their weapons as it got closer. Applejack jogged towards the blue phantom, Twilight stayed back and shot magic at the blue phantom. The phantom dodged Twilight's magic with little effort and began engaging Applejack slashing and rolling from Applejack's attacks and Twilight's magic. The phantom slashed at Applejack's leg, barely cutting it and turned for Twilight, who began to back away at the phantoms approach with Applejack sprinting close behind.

The phantom managed to hit Twilight once but, in turn, was hit by Applejack. The phantom followed Twilight wherever she went, staying in front of her and keeping its eye on Applejack.

"This human looks just like Anon" Applejack said aloud, still fighting the phantom. The phantom smiled in reply, it was indeed, Anon.

Another vibration was felt and shortly thereafter, a red phantom came rushing towards the trio, catching Applejack and Twilight's attention long enough for Anon to slash at both of Applejack's legs, cutting her down to the ground. The red phantom quickly neared, Anon ignored it and headed for Twilight who was near a ledge, just as Anon had intended.

Twilight shot her magic furiously but it was too easy to see coming and Anon was too close, he merely had to shove Twilight to send her over the edge.

I've been doing a lot of falling lately... Twilight thought before re-discovering the feeling of death.

By this time the, clearly a human female, red phantom had gotten to Applejack's position where she lay on the ground, praying for a quick death. The red phantom passed by Applejack completely, sights set on Anon.

Am I seeing things or was that Princess Luna? Applejack questioned herself, turning onto her back to watch the two phantoms assault each other.

The red phantom, Princess Luna, assuming it was her, was using a lot of lightning magics and attempting to keep the fight on the ledge, since Anon had no ranged weaponry; that is, until Anon stretched out his arm and shot lightning towards, but missing, Princess Luna.

The electric battle continued for a few minutes, rarely would one hit the other until Princess Luna gained an advantage. Forgetting about Applejack, Anon walked backwards, attempting to lure Princess Luna away from the ledge and tripped over Applejack, falling on his back.

Princess Luna held Anon down with her foot, next to Applejack. Anon's fear was replaced by anger and again by understanding, Princess Luna had mouthed something to him and electrocuted him with a heavy bolt of lightning, ending the blue phantoms existence.

"Are you going to kill me now?" Applejack asked the red phantom of Princess Luna. It smiled, shaking its head and mouthed something along the lines of "you'll be home soon". Applejack had no reply to that, what plan could Princess Luna have? Princess Luna got down on one knee and faded away.

Less petrifying than jumping to your death I suppose Applejack thought, beginning to drag herself towards the distant bonfire.

----------

My consciousness returned to me, I lay next to a bonfire in the grass, back at Firelink Shrine.

The fire must be linked? I gather that must be the thing that Frampt was talking about before he left me for talking to that other guy...jealous much?

I tilt my head to view the bonfire, knowing quite well what linking the fire would do to me. I would need to sacrifice my soul which is something I certainly will not be doing, even if it is the answer to solving the undead problem. of course, it doesn't have to be me that links the fire but who knows when someone else...

I have a villainous epiphany! I will trick someone into linking the fire! I smile mischievously as I consider who to cremate.

I could use that depressed warrior over there in the silver armour, ever since I came here he has only told me how futile my efforts are.
There used to be a female cleric and one of her guards here but I had to practice my attacks on someone, right?
Mister golden armor is dead, fire keeper is caged in, Laurentius went nuts and tried to murder me in a swamp...
The guy with the big hat wandered off again, Griggs seems like a nice guy and...

Patches, yes, that's right, I still need to get my revenge. I stand on my feet and walk over to Patches. "Oh, you again! Fancy that." Patches says as I approach.

"You know Patches, i'm on my way to a place called "the kiln of the first flame" and I figured you would be interested in coming along, after all, it is a very old and unvisited place, it probably has a lot of expensive trinkets you could pick up" I suggest to him, he shakes his head. "No, no, i'm not looting anymore, i'm a simple merchant now. Fighting to the death for items isn't really my thing!"

"Oh, I understand friend." Intentionally putting emphasis on the word, I enthusiastically continue. "I hear that the sword of Lord Gwyn is in there, it's said to be so powerful it could strike down any foe in just a single strike!" Patches looks at me intently. "That's the treasure i'm looking for and if I knew someone was willing to sell that...well...i'd pay barely less than my life for it!" I've clearly grabbed his attention.

"That sounds like quite the prize." Patches smiles politely and looks away. "but I don't see why I should go with you." This is going to be too easy. I think, conjuring an innocent plead.

"Aww, Patches, I don't think I can do it on my own! I might be strong but you! You're a quick thinker, you know just what to do in tight situations! I might permanently die if I go alone!" I carefully emphasise the thought of my demise, hopefully convincing him to come along.

Patches stands, smiling and nodding his head. "Well, I suppose I can lend a friend a hand can't I? After all, I am Trusty Patches!" We walk to a large square hole in the ground, and Patches hesitates, asking if they really need to jump. I mock him in a voice of false concern saying "Well little buddy, if it makes you feel better, we can hold hands and jump together." Surprisingly, that's exactly what he wanted...So we held hands and jump.

Our fall slows and we gently drop onto a platform leading to the door of "the kiln of the first flame" which opens as we approach. Patches and I fought only a few knights on our way to the actual kiln and entered, Patches was caught completely off guard to see Lord Gwyn and quickly realized he was about to fight a god.

...

Gwyn was defeated, Patches and I were still alive but it was clear that Patches was irritated by a lack of one godly sword.

"Alright, I didn't expect that at all!" I say innocently. "I think we should rest at this bonfire and we can search the area or go back when we're rested. Don't you agree?" I ask. Patches does not reply, he moves towards the bonfire and I walk backwards towards the entrance, without his knowledge, as he does so.

Go on...

Patches reaches the fire and puts his hand over it to kindle it. His arm catches fire, he is shocked as the fire spreads up his arm and along the floor, quickly consuming him and the surrounding area. I gleefully watch from just outside the kiln as everything within is engulfed in flame.

Author's Note:

I was stuck for descriptive ideas on the multi-phantom fight, sorry if it's not the best! :applejackunsure:

One chapter left! maybe two!