• Published 1st Sep 2013
  • 636 Views, 34 Comments

What We've Done - All of the Above



Char and Xavier are the best scientists around. But when they need money, they accept help from a mysterious mare. They know nothing of her dark intentions.

  • ...
3
 34
 636

Ask Gaze about the missing pony

Gaze was hanging out with Electricka in the corner of the room. There was also the red and black stallion I saw earlier. He had something around his neck, along with a chain hooked onto it. The thing on his neck looked like it was digging right into it. He had something on him that looked like it was keeping him from talking, and his eyes were very bloodshot red, like he’s been rubbing his eyes for days on end. He was breathing in and out like he had been running for miles.

He looked up at me, and I could hear his teeth grinding against each other in hatred. He tried to stand, but Gaze pulled him back to the ground. Gaze reached for a glass bottle that was lying on the table, and smashed it over the red and black pony’s head. He fell back to the ground. I swear he could’ve screamed if he wanted to, but what came out of his mouth wasn’t a scream, but a raspy scream.

“Sorry,” Gaze apologized, “You have to be really aggressive with Ferrum here.”

“That’s Ferrum? Ferrum Latet? What happened to him?” he looked like he was in so much pain.

“The scientists tried this thing on him after you,” he looked up at me, a sudden look on his face, like the face somepony will make if they were trying to avoid talking about a secret. “...disappeared.”

I gave him a death stare. Electricka slowly scooted away to join the affairs of the others. “What do you mean disappeared?”

He didn’t say anything. Until he tried to revert back to the subject at hand. “They tried this formula on him that was supposed to make him into an alicorn. Which worked, but-”

“What do you mean when you say disappeared?”

He looked around, like he was trying to find some reason to get himself out of this. “Can... can I tell you later?”

“Fine. But I need to ask you a question first.”

“Like I said, I’ll tell you-”

“Where is Char Gen.”

The look on his face changed. Like he had a flash-back from a war. “...I think it’s time I fill you in on what’s been happening around here.”

Author's Note:

Ferrum Latet created by phlamingsoul.