• Published 24th Feb 2012
  • 9,266 Views, 163 Comments

Big Macintosh with Realistic Eeyuping and Nopeing Action - Glint



Applejack takes it upon herself to get Big Macintosh a date with one of her friends.

  • ...
13
 163
 9,266

Chapter 5

As Big Macintosh pulled the wagon through the front gate of Sweet Apple Acres, Apple Bloom sat at the front, a look of concentration on her face.

“Dunno,” she finally said, “salads, I guess.”

“What about flowers?” asked Big Macintosh.

“Daisies. Definitely,” she said.

“Hmm.”

Twilight Sparkle’s face was visible in a front window of the farm house. A ping pong paddle was levitating an inch above her horn. She smiled excitedly and let the paddle clatter on the table.

A few seconds later, she came out the front door with Spike perched on her back and Applejack at her side. At the same time, the wagon came to a rest in front of the house.

“Sold out early today?” asked Applejack with a smile.

“Eeyup.”

Her smile broadened. “Well, I’ve got some more good news,” she said.

Big Macintosh’s eyes slowly shifted over to Twilight, and then returned to Applejack with a blank stare.

“You know the Canterlot Flower Fair is ending tomorrow, right?” Applejack said.

“Eeyup.”

“You know the twins, Golden and Red Delicious, had a food stand at the fair?” she continued.

“Eeyup.” He blinked, and said, “Wait, had?”

“They can’t make it tomorrow. Family emergency. They’re letting us use their spot for the last day of the fair,” she said.

A bell sounded in Big Macintosh’s head as his eyes slowly spun around, turning into dollar signs. He gently lifted Apple Bloom out of the cart and onto the ground. Then, he took off toward the shed.

“I’ll get the big market stall packed up,” he called out.

“See? Easy,” said Applejack. “You just need to get Rainbow Dash or Rarity to come to the fair tomorrow, and she can have a date with Big Macintosh.”

“Super! Cosmare says that a fair makes a wonderful first date. I wonder who I should invite?” Twilight mused.

“Well, I’ll trust you to get that set up. I gotta go help Granny Smith. She’s bakin’ up a storm in there, and we’ll need lots of pies, fritters, and pastries for the fairgoers,” said Applejack. “See y’all at the fair tomorrow. You just drop by the stand any time in the morning and we’ll hammer out the details. We’ll be just east of the Lily Pavilion.”

Twilight trotted out the front gate and back toward town.

“So, Spike,” she said with a smirk, “can you give me any reasons to set up Big Macintosh on a date with Rainbow Dash rather than Rarity?”

“Actually, I’ve got an even better idea,” said Spike, confidently.

“Oh, really? How did you get to be such a big expert on dating?” she teased.

“Well as it turns out, Rarity is more than just a ‘trendy mare with a hoof on the pulse of the fashion industry.’ She’s also a ‘fun fearless filly,’” Spike responded.

“She’s a what, now?” said Twilight quizzically.

“I mean she doesn’t just have fashion magazines around her shop. She also subscribes to Cosmarepolitan,” he said triumphantly.

“And she lets you read them?” she said.

“She doesn’t really care what I do, so long as I don’t get in her way, and do anything she asks when she needs my help,” Spike replied.

“And what dating tidbit did you learn in Cosmare?” Twilight asked, rolling her eyes.

“Double dating! We can set up a date where I go with Rarity, and Big Macintosh goes with Rainbow Dash, all together. Just think about it. If Rarity has her friend Rainbow Dash at her side, she’ll feel more confident, and have no reason to be afraid,” said Spike.

“Oh, sure,” said Twilight sarcastically, “Rarity being afraid of you is exactly the kind of problem we need to avoid.”

“You better believe it. I can be pretty fierce,” boasted Spike, flashing his claws.

“Still, that might be a good idea. The more ponies we have there, the more likely somepony will get Big Macintosh to say something other than ‘eeyup’ or ‘nope,’” said Twilight.

“Then it’s settled,” said Spike, standing dramatically on Twilight Sparkle’s back. “Tomorrow, love will surely blossom at the Canterlot Flower Fair.”