• Published 24th Feb 2012
  • 5,885 Views, 108 Comments

My Little Scrubs: Medicine is Magic - Bombastic Bookpony



Sacred Heart. A hospital filled with quirky doctors. But all it takes is one pony to make it weirder.

  • ...
3
 108
 5,885

Her Little Accident

AN: POV switch time! This next several chapters will be a break from JD. This one is more serious than the previous ones, but the next one should bring back the humor.


Twilight Sparkle

I'm usually a patient pony. After all, research takes time, effort, and a lot of luck. But that means I'm still active. Right now, I'm passive, alone on this hospital bed, awaiting news of my prognosis, visits from my friends, and whether or not- whether or not Spike is okay. The same guilt that was plaguing me since I got here rose up again and I couldn't stop myself from seeing the accident again.


It was supposed to be a normal trip to Zecora's. I was researching the Everfree Forest as a hobby, and Spike, being my undoubtedly number one assistant, insisted he'd go with me. I think he still felt guilty over the 'greed turning him into a giant dragon' thing. Oh, Spike. So he could be a little bratty sometimes. He was always loyal when you needed him to be, and that loyalty made up for his immaturity in spades. Anyway, we had stopped by the Ponyville cafe for a quick bite and then we were on our way.

"Geeze, Twilight," Spike began, chuckling, "you really scarfed down your breakfast."

"Hey!" I said indignantly, "So I get a little hungry in the morning and get a mite too enthusiastic. Who doesn't?"

"Well, most ponies don't sound like a Griffon devouring a whale. I'm pretty sure I saw Fluttershy fleeing in a frightened fervor."

Against myself, I smiled and proceeded to lock him in a headlock, rubbing his head with my hoof. "Why I oughtta!" After a minute or two of his pleading, I let him go. "Well, at least you've learned my alliteration talents. I'm glad some things stick in that thick head of yours."

"Hey!"

"Just joking, Spike," I chuckled. I suddenly felt a rising pain in my stomach. I stumbled, almost falling.

"Twi!" he yelled, running to me, helping me keep my balance. "You okay?"

I nodded. "Just some stomach problems Spike, don't worry."

He smiled a little. "See! You gotta eat a little slower next time."

I barely heard him. The pain was getting worse. It was spreading out from my stomach into every corner of my body. I felt this before, on the day I had gotten my Cutie Mark. I had kept it in check ever since then, to make sure I never go overboard again. But I couldn't stop it this time. My horn and my eyes were glowing furiously. No.

"Twi? What's happening?"

"Spike! Run! I can't hold it in!"

But Spike could be too stubborn and loyal for his own good. "No way, Twi! I'm not leaving you like this!"

Dang it, why wasn't he leaving!? It was too much! "NOOOO!"

A purple flash surrounded me, and it all went black.


When I had awaken, Zecora was there, and explained she had found me and Spike there unconscious and rushed us here as fast as she could. Spike was still unconscious at the time, and even now I didn't know if he was okay or not. But he had to be, right? He was Spike, my number one assistant. Always there with a quick joke, always there to cheer me up after a tough day of bullying at the Academy. It was me and him against the world, and even now, with all these new friends, I still loved and valued his company with all my heart. But I had hurt him when I was supposed to care for him. I swore I would never lose my control like that again, like when I had turned my own parents into inanimate objects. I didn't know it could be reversed! And if it wasn't for Celestia, they could've be stuck like that forever! And even during that incident where I couldn't write a friendship report, nopony was hurt permanently! Just a few bruises!

But now Spike, dear Spike, was hurt by me, the pony he trusted most in the world. I hung my head. What type of pony could do that to another living thing, could betray the love that living thing had given her? I'm awful! I'm a monster! I should be banished so I could never hurt anypony again! I-

"Twi? That you?" I knew that voice. That southern twang. I looked up, and there AJ was, along with the rest of my friends. Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Rarity were all there, concern on their faces.

"Darling, are you alright? You're crying," Rarity pointed out. Was I? I honestly hadn't noticed.

"Crazy, right? What kind of pony would cry after putting her best friend in the hospital?" I croaked, agonized sarcasm dripping from my voice.

"Twilight," Fluttershy's serene voice cut in, trotting up with the others to my bedside. "it wasn't your fault."

"Yeah, Twi! These things happen!" Dash exclaimed, trying to comfort me.

"Oh, so Rarity, you must put Sweetie Belle in here all the time! And AJ, I'm sure you'd just love it if you were the reason Apple Bloom was in here. Dash, what if one of your practice sessions with Scootaloo put her in here, huh? Does that just 'happen'? Pinkie, could you just imagine if your party cannon injured Pound and Pumpkin? Those things don't just happen! He should hate me!" I was being rude and cruel, I know, but I needed to take it out on somepony. and they, like the wonderful friends they are, just took it.

Pinkie, tears in her eyes, said nothing but instead gave me the strongest, longest hug I've ever had. When she finally finished, I was stunned. "What was that for?" I asked.

Pinkie smiled a sad smile and said, "It wasn't from me. Spikey told me to give you a nice big hug for him, Twi, and I take my hugs very seriously."

As if inspired by Pinkie, the others knew just what to say. "See, Twi? Spike could never hate you. He knows it wasn't your fault. There's a reason he was the new Rainbow Dash, right?" Dash said, her voice trying to be nonchalant but constantly cracking against her efforts.

"Darling, he was worried sick about you! Why, first thing he asked JD was if you were alright. I have never seen him so worried before!"

"But-but he should hate me! I lost control! I should've been more careful, but instead I hurt one of my loved ones! I'm a monster!"

But AJ cut me off, voice stern but kind. "Now, Twi, I don't let anyone badmouth my friends, and that includes my friends. Before you, I was all work, no play. The farm took up my life, and despite my love for the family, I felt alone, friendless. Saddled with the burden of the farm. But you, Twi, with all your lecturing and leadership, well, you showed me I didn't have to be alone. I could have friends and still work the farm. And thanks to you girls, the farm's doing better than ever before! Sugarcube, you know I'm the very Element of Honesty. So trust me now. I know this with all of my head and all of my heart. It wasn't your fault." AJ, honest to the end.

"And you could never, ever be a monster, Twilight. Don't you remember that first day you came here? I was so shy, I couldn't talk to anypony, but thanks to you, I've become a better, more confident pony, and met the best friends anypony could have." Fluttershy, always so kind.

"I knew everypony in Ponyville, but nopony knew me. I was just that crazy Pinkie Pie. They loved my parties, but nopony could put up with all my energy for long. And nopony cared enough to help me with my sad spots besides the Cakes. I was always surrounded by crowds, but inside I was alone. But you could put up with me, Twilight. And you brought me to five ponies who could too, who loved me for me, energy ,depression, and all! If you're a monster, then you're the good kind. Like the Grinch!" Pinkie Pie, there with a smile.

"Before you, I was just loyal to myself. My whole life, ponies just pushed me around, and my friends always left me. I was rude, a little mean, hotheaded. And honestly? Still am sometimes," Dash chuckled, "but you had faith in me. For the first time, somepony had faith in me. Because you, fresh out of Canterlot, didn't know better. And I didn't want to let you down. Now," she kept trying to sound cool, but tears were streaming down her face, voice cracking and squeaking, "now I've got a real reason to live. Not for myself, but for you guys! Thanks to you, Twi, I'm a better, loyal mare, and I'll punch out anypony who calls you a monster! So-so knock it out!" Rainbow Dash, loyal to a fault.

"Darling, before you, I was merely a good designer. My dresses had class, looked good superficially, but below the surface they were shallow. Just like me." She let out a laugh before continuing. "But then you came in and suddenly inspiration! No longer did I live on the outskirts of life, now I saw all the world had to offer. I saw the plight of ponies beside me and I said no more! Now my dresses hold a story in them, whether it be mine or another's, and I went from a shallow fashionista to a generous, loving pony. And as much as I love credit, that was thanks to you, dear." Rarity, so generous.

I looked into their eyes and saw that they meant it. Meant every word. I burst into even heavier tears. "Thank Celestia for sending me here. I never knew how empty I was before until I met my best friends! I love you girls!"

A chorus of "We love you too!"s rang out. We shared the biggest hug we ever had, and I felt my guilt lift from my shoulders.

"Hot. Hold on, let me get my phone!" a random perverted surgeon standing outside my door yelled. Rarity magically shut the door and the curtains. Not even he could ruin this perfect moment.