• Published 11th Sep 2013
  • 998 Views, 37 Comments

Lavender Ponyville - Quadraginta



Just what secrets lie in the purple-hued town that exists only in the dream world? And what secrets lie in it's landmark tower?

  • ...
1
 37
 998

Chapter 16: Deus Ex Machina

"Well, then..." said Twilight. "Time to sacrifice you."

"S-" Pinkie coughed from her broken ribs. "Sacrifice?!"

"Eeyup," said Twilight.

Twilight grabbed Pinkie very roughly by the arms and starting dragging her down the hallway. Pinkie fought as hard as she could, but alas, broken ribs don't come without a cost. Twilight merely laughed at her feeble attempts to break free.

Pinkie then summoned an anvil to fall on Twilight. It landed on Twilight's head with a loud, sickening crack.

Twilight, the anvil still on her head, slowly turned to look at Pinkie, her eyes glowing with an intense fury that shook Pinkie to her very core.

"What. Do. You. Intend. To. Solve. With. That?" Twilight said slowly, spitting blood from her mouth with each word. "All you've done is piss me off beyond belief. Do you not realize that?"

Without thinking, Pinkie summoned a cannon from the side of Twilight, which fired and sent her flying while releasing her grip on Pinkie at the same time.

Twilight slid across the brick floor, causing a large burn on her back, while she was being crushed by the weight of the cannon ball at the same time.

Pinkie tried to focus on fixing her ribs. If she can summon objects into the dreamscape, surely she can fix broken objects as well, right? Right?

Apparently not, as Pinkie's ribs are still broken. She then decides to crawl away in a feeble attempt to get away from Twilight. Before she knows it, though, Twilight has already grabbed her again, and started dragging her more roughly this time. Her back had a large patch of raw, red skin and burned off fur from where she was sent sliding across the floor.

"This really fucking hurts, you know," Twilight said plainly, her voice ladened with fury. "But you know what? You're going to be sacrificed anywho. So, what do I care? Besides....I can heal myself." Her horn glowed, sealing up the patch of raw skin on her back. "And you can't. Bitch."

They reached the end of the hallway, which opened to a large, square room. In the center-back of the room was an altar, which chains attached to it.

"This is where we'll have loads of fun," said Twilight. "First, I'll strip your flesh, then I'll salt your wounds, then I'll take a picture of you and make a meme out of it on Ponechan. What do you think?"

"....Lame....." Pinkie groaned painfully.

"I applaud your pseudo-bravery, Pinkamena, but sadly, you're coming off as sounding rather weak and pathetic." Twilight smiled. "No matter. You're going to die, anyways."

Twilight dragged Pinkie over to the altar and placed her upon it. She then took the chains and tied her down with them.

"First, the stripping of the flesh." Twilight's horn started glowing, then she lightly touched Pinkie's chest with it. The muscles and tendons in Pinkie's legs came loose, and they literally curled up out, and her skin was peeled back along with it. Blood oozed from her wounds, and she screamed from agony at what Twilight was doing to her.

"Then, the salting of the wounds." Twilight's horn glowed again, and then a shaker of salt literally just appeared out of thin air, and she began pouring it on Pinkie. Funny how something so mundane could cause a party pony so much pain. Pinkie's throat started to hurt from all the screaming. Her eyes were snapped shut from the pain.

"Before we sacrifice, though, I must summon our friends. Oh, Fluttershy! Rainbow Dash! Applejack!" Twilight called out for the Denizens. They came out of the hallway and stood before the altar, their heads bowed, and eyes closed, as if in prayer.

"Fluttershy." Twilight acknowledged the yellow pegasus.

"Rainbow Dash."

"Applejack."

They didn't make any reply or sound. Their heads remained bowed.

"See, Pinkie? Our friends are here. Here to see you join us." Twilight grinned.

Pinkie opened her eyes to see the Denizens staring back at her. Their manes were still wild, but she couldn't see the insanity of their eyes, due to them being closed.

Twilight turned her attention back to Pinkie.

"Well, then. Time for the sacrifice." Her horn glowed, then a sword appeared, it's tip aimed at Pinkie. "Any more attempts at a quip? Any more attempts to make a witty remark, be defiant, or some other shit like that? Come on, Pinks, I'm allowing you one last chance to make me laugh, here."

Pinkie merely snapped her eyes shut again and continued gasping in pain.

"No?" Twilight asked. "Well, then. Time for-"

"Deus Ex Machina," said a sudden voice from behind the Denizens.

The Denizen's, and Pinkie's eyes snapped open, and Twilight's curious gaze turned to the source of the voice.