• Published 15th Aug 2013
  • 18,267 Views, 643 Comments

The Ranger's Journey - Silentpegasus



Due to the recent animal activity from the Everfree Forest, Princess Celestia has sent an agent from The Academy. What will happen when a certain librarian starts to fall for the crimson haired warrior?

  • ...
47
 643
 18,267

Chapter XIV: Penalty

Chapter XIV

Penalty

Cobalt, Ivy and Rouge were walking down the quiet streets of Ponyville getting to know the town a little bit better. The three were then approached by a familiar rainbow haired flyer.

“Hey guys.” The three smiled and gave her a nod. “Where’s Crimson?”

“He got some note from Crow and told us to go ahead without him.” Cobalt answered as the group saw Rarity and Twilight approach them.

“Hello~” Rarity sang in a sing song voice.

“Hey Rarity, what brings you out here?” Dash asked.

“Oh I’m just going to give Twilight a makeover.” She said with a giggle. Dash smirked and looked at her friend in the eye.

“Trying to get Red’s attention eh?”

“Red?” Cobalt asked.

“It’s Crimson’s nickname around here.” Ivy clarified. The two other warriors looked at the librarian with shocked faces.

“You have a crush on Crimson?” Rouge asked.

“M-maybe...I don’t know.....he’s hot okay!” Twilight yelled as she blushed a bright red. Cobalt chuckled. Rouge felt something burning in her pocket. She reached inside her coat and pulled out a purple crystal. The girl put it to her ear and listened.

“Rouge, are you there?” A somewhat familiar voice said.

“Crimson?”

“I need you back here now!” He yelled.

“Why?”

“Just get your ass back here!”

“Jeez fine. I’m on my way.” She said as she rolled her eyes.

“Thank you.” He said before the image vanished.

“What was that about?” Dash asked.

“Don’t know.” Rouge said. “Must be bad though, he’s never sounded like that.” She said as the three mages took off back towards the tower. Twilight and the others soon gave chase and ran after them. The group burst into the tower and ran up to the red haired man’s room. “Crimson? You in there?”

“Yes.” The voice said. “Who else is out there?”

“Ivy, Cobalt, Dash, Twilight and Rarity.”

“Tell them to scram. I’m in a bit of a bind.”

“Maybe we can help you.” Dash said.

“Yeah right.”

“What’s got you in such a bad mood?” Ivy asked.

“Crow has a very sick sense of humor.” The sentence alone made the three cringe. “You three can come in, the rest stay out there.” The group heard the bolts shift and the door unlock. As Rouge slowly turned the handle Dash kicked in the door before exploding in laughter. The rest of the group looked in shock as they saw a woman with long dark red hair, red eyes, she was sporting a jet black T shirt and a pair of black pants.

The three mages were trying to stifle their laughter as the woman glared at them. “Laugh and I’ll kill you....slowly.” The woman said in an icy tone.

“Oh relax Scarlet.” Ivy said before barreling over in laughter. The other two soon followed suit and rolled on their backs. Twilight and Rarity’s eyes twitched in astonishment at the woman.

“C-Crimson?” Rarity said in shock.

“Unfortunately yes.” The woman said as she crossed her arms across her chest. Crimson almost fell forward and cracked his back as he stood upright. “Honestly, how do you girls deal with these things?” Crimson said as he pointed to his own breast. “They are killing my back.”

“Oh boo hoo.” Cobalt said.

“Oh right, that reminds me.” Crimson said as he pulled out three small vials of blue liquid. “Catch!” The girl yelled as the three vials flew towards the mages. The vials shattered as they made contact with the three warriors. As the smoke cleared they saw that the blue haired man was missing his wings.

“No!” Rouge yelled. “I wasn’t done playing with those yet!” She yelled.

“Um Rouge.” He said with a gulp as he pointed to the girl. Rouge looked down at her hands and saw that her skin was a very light shade of pink. The girl was soon fuming with rage as she glared at the altered man.

“I hate pink!” She yelled.

“Um guys,” Twilight interjected. “Where’s Ivy?”

“Down here!” The group heard a barely audibly squeak. The group looked down to see a five inch tall version of the green flyer. “Crimson, prepare to face my wrath!” The flyer said as she charged at the man’s leg. Fortunately for the red haired woman, smaller Ivy equals smaller muscles, which means less strength. Her punches were the equivalent of a bee sting.

“Oh you are so cute!” Crimson said. His voice went significantly higher and a squeak was added at the end. The others barreled over laughing. Rarity even gave a giggle. Crimson rubbed his head and groaned. “Look, Crow used some weird plant that grows around here to do this to us.”

“What was it called?” Rouge asked.

“Can’t remember. Poison something and it was blue.” The three girls looked at one another and nodded.

“Poison joke.” The three said in unison.

“Poison what?” Cobalt said.

“It’s like poison oak, but it just plays little jokes on you.”

“Little jokes?” Ivy yelled as she flew up in front of the scholar. “Very funny.”

“Aloe and Lotus have a cure.” Rarity chimed. “Come along!” As Crimson took a step forward he saw that Ivy was struggling to keep up. Crimson gently scooped her up and put her in one of Rouge’s empty bug cages.

“Hey look, my own green parisprite.” He said as the group chuckled.

“I’m gonna rip out your endocrine system and beat you with it!” The tiny woman yelled as she banged on the cage. Crimson couldn’t help but laugh.

“So who are Aloe and Lotus?” Cobalt asked.

“They run the local spa.” Rarity chimed. The four mages kept their heads down and followed the seamstress into a sweet smelling building. Rainbow Dash flew away from the group and decided to nap on a nearby cloud. Two attractive girls then appeared before them. The two were almost identical twins. One had light blue hair with a matching skirt and sleeveless shirt. Her hair was held back by a white headband. The other was the same except her hair and clothes were a light pink.

“Welcome to our Spa.” They both said.

“I’m Lotus.”

“I’m Aloe, how can we help you?”

“Hello girls.” Rarity said with a smile. “Two usuals and four poison joke baths.” She said as she pointed at the cloaked mages. The sisters nodded and showed the girls into the room. Crimson was about to follow Cobalt but heard someone clear their throat. He looked back to see the girl with blue hair looking at him with a raised eyebrow. The man blushed profusely as he entered the girl’s changing area.

The three girls were about to get undressed when Crimson held up his hand.

“Um, I think it would be more appropriate if I didn’t see you guys do that.” He said as he covered his eyes.

“Why? It’s just....Oh.” Rouge said with a gulp.

“I may look like a girl now, but I still have the mind of a man.” He said as he blushed. The red haired warrior quickly stripped and wrapped a towel around his female form. The mage quickly made his way out of the changing room and saw Cobalt in a pair of swimming trunks.

“Hey cutie.” Cobalt said in a teasing tone. The red mage put his slender finger to his chin and thought. “What are you thinking about?”

“If I could get away with murder if I agreed to flash the local guards.” Crimson said as he quickly sat down in the bath that was next to blue flyer’s. The man felt his skin tingle and his body beginning to shift. His hair returned to it’s normal length and his chest changed back to it’s muscular build. The two sisters then came out and stared at the two men with bright blushes on their faces.

The men sighed and let the water relax their aching muscles. The two spa girls then walked back out. Instead of wearing the shirts they each had on a bikini top matching their hair.

“How is everything?” Lotus asked as they walked over to them.

“Great.” Cobalt said with a smile. The Two sisters then got on either side of them. The sister’s made their eyes half lidded and pressed their chest’s outward.

“Would either of you care for a massage?” They both asked. The two men blushed brightly and gulped.

“Sorry girls,” Cobalt started. “but my girlfriend wouldn’t like it.”

“Oh come on.” Aloe whined. “She won’t be mad.”

“Oh really?” A voice said in an angry tone. The two sister’s looked behind them to see the pink skinned mage in a purple Bikini. The girl growled at the two who immediately backed off. Rouge got in Cobalt’s bath and glared at him. “Honestly, I can’t leave you alone for five minutes!”

“Can I help it if girls find me attractive?” Rouge groaned and lightly slapped him on the cheek.

“You’re lucky you’re cute.” She said as she leaned her back against his chest. Cobalt chuckled as an idea came to him.

“Crimson is single though.” He said as he pointed to the red haired man. Crimson frowned that the man and made a throat slicing gesture with his thumb. The two sisters giggled and made their way over to him. The group heard something drop into the water. A second later the normal sized green haired flyer returned to her normal size and glared at the man.

“You. Are. So. Dead!” The flyer yelled. She then looked at the two sisters and cocked an eyebrow. “Am I interrupting something?”

“Nope.” Crimson said in a flat tone.

“Hello everyone~” Rarity said in a sing song tone. The group looked over to see Rarity and Twilight both in stunning swim suits. The seamstress was wearing a white bikini top and bottom. The scholar was donning a a similar, though smaller article. They were more like two triangles being held together by a piece of string and a circular piece of metal drawing attention to her well sized chest.

Crimson gulped and adverted his eyes and blamed the hot bath for the red coloring on his face. Twilight hid her blush as she looked at the man’s exposed body. The two got in a bath and let out a sigh. The two sisters walked away in defeat with their heads held low. “Oh this is simply divine.” Rarity said. The seamstress then noticed the flyer’s blue wings return to him.

“That’s a load off my shoulders.” He said as he flexed them.

“Good. Your wings are my favorite part of you.” Rouge teased.

“Are you sure?” Cobalt said with a smug grin.

“Oh get a room.” Ivy grumbled.

“Remind me to place a sound proofing charm around their room.” Crimson said with a groan.

“So you two are a couple?” Rarity asked.

“Yup, three years now.” Cobalt said.

“Is that allowed?” Twilight asked.

“Yeah, we may be warriors, but we still have a life.” Ivy said as she leaned back. “I’m just on a relationship break for a bit.”

“Why?” Rarity asked.

“My boyfriend broke up with me cause I was stronger than him.” She said in a flat tone.

“Ouch, what did you do?” Rouge asked.

“I broke him.” The green flyer said with a grin. The four shared a chuckle as the other two girls gulped.

“What about you Crimson?” Rarity asked.

“I’m not into the dating scene.” He said in a flat tone. “I have better things to do.” The scholar felt a little crushed by the words.

“Like?” Rarity asked.

“Preparing for the trials.” He said in a flat tone.

“What is so important about these trials?” Rarity asked. “It sound like just a test.”

“Just a test?” Crimson said as his right eye twitched. “Just a test!” He yelled as he stood up out of the water.

“Um Crimson.” Cobalt said as he motioned with his finger. The man then remembered that he had only come into the bath with nothing but a towel. The man’s face went bright red and quickly hid under the water. Ivy was bursting out in laughter as Twilight’s face went bright red and almost fainted. The man only exposed his head out of the water and grumbled.

“I’m getting out.” He said as his body seemed to turn into a shadow and flew off to the changing room.

“Yeah, same here. My hands are getting wrinkly.” Rouge said as she and the flyer stood up. Ivy followed suit and the three went into their respective changing areas. Rarity was soon left alone with the still bright red scholar.

“Twilight?” She asked as she snapped her fingers in front of her. Twilight blinked twice and gulped. “Are you okay?”

“Y-yeah, let’s just get out.”

Author's Note:

Sorry for the short chapter.