• Published 18th Aug 2013
  • 338 Views, 8 Comments

Sticky Notes - Windy Scamper



A sucidial mare and a colt looking for something more in life find each other the good ol' fashioned way; passing notes.

  • ...
1
 8
 338

Chapter 2 : North Arrow

I sighed as I sat down at a table for two in Sugarcube Corner. I pulled out a piece of paper, my notebook, and a compass, along with a red velvet cupcake with cream cheese icing.

This afternoon was much like yesterday afternoon. And the afternoon before that. And the afternoon before that.

Everyday, it was the same old, same old. Work on this map, which was currently of Horseshoe Bay and the surrounding swamps and forests. I had never been to Horseshoe Bay myself; I had to make this map based on the sketches of others, the ponies who actually got to travel Equestria, finding information for the maps I make.

When I made my first map, I actually got to follow it. I was in my teens, and my friends had heard of someponies looking for a supposed bronze shield buried deep within the Everfree forest. We had decided to chase after it, and before long, we were lost. And thus, I made my first map, and I got my cutie mark.

Actually, in the beginning of my career, I got to fly above the areas I mapped, since sailors wanted me for my good eyesight. However, now a days, with the supposed invasion to the Griffons everypony keeps talking about, a lot of areas are restricted, to us cartographers are stuck using notes and compasses.

I sighed as I finished sketching out the outline for Horseshoe Bay, and began to draw the coordinate lines. I let my head fall to the table as I lost any will to continue on with this project.

At this rate, I'll never leave an impact on Equestria. Nopony actually reads the little part of the map that my name is signed on. Nopony knows nor cares that I, North Arrow, have made all their trusty maps, that guide them out of the darkness and back into the world. Nopony will ever remember me, and now, I'm not even going to live an adventurous life, either!.

I sighed as I finished my final line of longtitude, marking the important ones, like the Tropic of Canter and the Tropic of Capricolt. I took a bite out of my cupcake, and then looked to the skies. I would love to just fly out of here. Just escape this world, and the war-induced society we live in. Just disappear, without a trace, and live as a refugee. That would be the life...

Sadly, that was could not be the case. What would become of my parents, of those seaponies fighting bravly against the invasion, of the Pegasus Force as well, relying on my maps to hold back the griffons? How would it be fair that I could leave the world, all while the risk their lives so the world can go on?

I rubbed my head. All this thinking about how unfair everything was and how my life was missing something was giving me a huge headache. I got up and began walking towards a pharmacy when I noticed the board.

There were six messages on the board, but the last two were the ones I could actually connect to, especially the most recent one. It too, talked of losing interest in life, though it sounded much more severe than my case. This pony talked of wanted to end life, whereas I was simply waiting for it to begin.

And yet, we share a similiar problem. Maybe we could help each other.

Maybe this pony is what I've been looking for.

I grabbed one of the Sticky Notes, and stared at it, like I do when starting a map. I tried to imagine what the finished product would look like, how I would get there, and, more important, what it would look like in the eyes of the other pony. How they would react to it.

How they would notice it.

After having everything planned out, I began to scribble out the note. Not nearly as long, but still just as effective. I then tried to figure out where I should place it in order to grab this pony's attention. They probably didn't have much interest in this board, considering how little interest they had in life.

So, I finally put it in the one place I knew they would look; right on top of their note, so only the bottom right corner of theirs could be seen.

I read over my work one more time to check and make sure everything was as it should be.

I too, have lost meaning in life, and am waiting for a new one to begin. I advise we wait together, because you can't give up hope. Not now, in this state of turmoil, not ever.

I do not know of you, nor do you know of me, but we have to wait for a life. Together.

Author's Note:

Yay, new chapter! No one has commented yet, please do so...

Or Windy Scamper will cry.

So, yeah. PLEASE, post feedback, I wanna know how I'm doing!