• Published 10th Aug 2013
  • 1,039 Views, 31 Comments

The Great and Powerful Trixie Rises - kildeez



Trixie has returned to Ponyville with a few surprises

  • ...
5
 31
 1,039

Deleted Scene VIII: Ponyville Liberated/Epilogue 1

A few minutes after defeating the Alicorn Amulet with the power of friendship, Trixie stumbled towards the light radiating from the Town Hall’s exit. Her hooves gave out from beneath her and she started to fall, only to be stopped by a helping hoof from the yellow unicorn at her side. “Thank you, Sethy,” she said with a strained smile as he supported her.

“Stop trying to walk on your own,” he scolded. “You heard Twilight: your legs are gonna be woozy for a while!”

“Trix – I mean, I can stand on my own, thank you very much,” she scoffed, though she didn’t make any moves to break out of his grip. He smiled and shook his head, tightening his grip on the headstrong mare. After a while, something occurred to her. “Sethisto…”

“Yes?”

“I was just wondering why you were still wearing that…thing.”

“Hmm? Oh,” he gazed down at himself, still clad in the revealing French maid’s outfit, complete with fishnet stockings and a little white apron. His cheeks flushed red. “I guess I was so distraught about losing you back there, and then so relieved when it turned out you were okay, that it never even occurred to me to take it off.”

She immediately leaned in closer. “Celestia above, I love you,” she whispered into his ear.

Grinning, he promptly leaned over to whisper in her ear: “Besides, I wanted to keep it around; I fully expect to see you in it at some point.”

Her eyes widened, and then her face settled into a saucy half-smile. “How’s tonight sound?”

“If you’re up for it, maybe.”

“Guys, everything carries in here. This Hall was designed with acoustics in mind, remember?” Twilight said, shaking her head. “We can all hear everything you’re both saying.”

“Oh, Twilight,” Trixie said with a mischievous grin. “I’m sorry, did you want to come too?”

“What!?” Both Twilight and Sethisto gasped.

“Well, I don’t want her to feel all left out,” Trixie shrugged.

“That wasn’t the point I was…” Twilight stammered.

“Wow,” Rainbow Dash mused as she sailed lazily overhead. “The hormones in the air are unbelievable. You three think you can keep it down long enough to meet our adoring public? We’re almost out of here.”

“But I wasn’t…” Twilight started.

“We were just…” Sethisto continued.

She was the one who…”

The pair of blue mares smiled at each other, then started cackling, Dash taking off ahead of the group towards the light at the Hall’s exit. “C’mon, everypony!” They heard Pinkie yell. “Your audience is waiting!”

“Well, Trixie?” Twilight looked over to the blue mare.

Trixie smiled and cracked her neck. “The Great and Powerful Trixie has never refused an audience.”

“Then c’mon!” Sethisto shouted, hobbling as fast as he could while still supporting the blue mare. “Let’s get you out there!”

The remaining ponies dashed into the light and out of the ruined structure, leaving the darkness and silence behind for the deafening cheers awaiting them outside. The entire crowd, holding their loved ones close and realizing that they were standing in the middle of a defeated enemy army, roared as the eight ponies made their way into the sunlight. Falling into their normal routine of accepting the cheers of hundreds, the six quickly smiled and waved back, while Trixie took a few bows and Sethisto stood next to her awkwardly, grabbing her whenever a bow looked like it was going a bit too low. Ponies everywhere whooped and hollered, stomping their hooves in congratulations as the Mayor stepped forward.

"Well girls, it seems once again, this town owes you a great debt." She said, smiling easily. Eventually, her eyes fell upon the blue mare standing off to the side. Trixie cringed despite herself. She may have had to deal with rampaging crowds, riotous ruffians, Ursa Minors, possessed jewelry, and a nightmare from the depths of hell itself, but the Mayor still held a certain aura of authority, maintained by years in the public eye. Which was probably why she had held her position nearly unopposed for so long, now that she thought about it.

"You as well, Miss Lulamoon," the Mayor said, her easygoing smile never wavering. "As much as it shocks and surprises me to say those words."

"Heh," Trixie shrugged, still leaning on Sethisto. "It shocks Trix-me to hear them."

"Twilight!" Spike's voice cried out from the crowd once the initial cheers calmed down. Smiling, the little violet unicorn opened her forelegs as the baby dragon raced onto the stage, followed closely by the Cutie Mark Crusaders. "Is it over now? Really and finally?" He asked.

"Yes, Spike," she beamed, looking over to Trixie as she nuzzled her stallionfriend. "It is really and finally over."

“One thing Ah don’t get though,” Applebloom said, gesturing to the lakes of oatmeal and the Dogs struggling in them. “If you guys were runnin' around, pretending to be all hypnotized and stuff, then who did all this?”

“Oh, that’s right!” Twilight said, face-hoofing. “Since the real Elements of Harmony are gathered here, I guess it is about time to bring back the fake ones.” Her horn glowed, summoning another flare which lit up high over the town square and exploded in the midmorning sky. Even the ponies embracing their family members stopped to watch the brilliant sight, and then their jaws all dropped as the Elements of Harmony dropped from somewhere in the sky, supported by a hue of magic. They watched in stunned silence as the doppelgangers met and embraced in front of everypony.

“You were all so brave,” Twilight said.

“Couldn’t have done it withoutcha,” AJ said as she hugged her double.

“We owe you big time,” Rainbow added, rubbing the side of her hoof along her double’s nose, revealing a touch of purple beneath a layer of blue.

“Just make sure not to miss an appointment next time you make one, okay?” The Rarity double said, straightening one of the curls in her hair and smearing off a bit of purple in her mane to reveal a toothpaste-like mix of light and dark blue. “And that reminds me: Rarity, you have a tooth-cleaning in six months. Please don’t forget.”

“Aheh, of course I won’t…dahling.”

“And, if it’s not too much to ask, couldja maybe pop these contacts out? They’re starting to get all scratchy,” the Fluttershy double bleated. Smiling, Fluttershy promptly removed the lenses from her doppelganger’s eyes, revealing a pair of golden, crisscrossed pupils. “Thanks, I was starting to get all woozy from how wobbly the world looked!”

"Hey, if you all don't mind, I think I'd like to be Rainbow Dash a little while longer," Cloudchaser exclaimed, flexing her wings. "I'm kind of digging the manestyle."

"Wanted a few more minutes of the awesomeness, huh?" Rainbow said, cracking her teammate on the shoulder. "Can't say I blame ya."

As the ponies all set to chatting amicably and mingling with the crowd for every big reveal they could manage (even Trixie, who still had to lean on Sethisto for support), only a few saw the great swarm breaking out over Ponyville, only taking notice when a few unicorns in golden armor teleported amidst the crowd and began clearing a small circle within it.

“Presenting their royal highnesses, Princess Luna and Princess Celestia of Equestria, along with the Lord of Chaos, Discord!” One of them announced. The entire square fell into a hushed silence as the royals descended amongst their subjects, guards fanning out throughout the town and beginning the long task of apprehending each and every one of the dogs caught in the muck. A trio of ultra-powerful beings landed in the square with the grace and poise expected of them, their wings folding neatly around their bodies as they stood with poise and royal pride. Or, that was how Celestia and Luna arrived, anyway. Discord crashed a 1980s DeLorean into the pavement, popped out wearing a red varsity jacket, and started asking everyone if they “had some plutonium on ‘em.”

“Princess!” Twilight said happily, immediately running in to nuzzle her mentor.

“My dearest student,” Celestia said, voice brimming with pride. “I knew you could do it.”

“Did we not tell thee that all would be explained?” Luna added with a little wink and a smile.

“Well, you could have been a bit more specific,” Twilight grumbled, still embracing her teacher while her cheeks reddened.

“Aye, but where would the fun have been in that?”

“Um, hello? No hugsies for the draconequus?” Discord grumbled, pouting and folding his arms while the remaining Elements, their doubles, and Trixie leaning on Sethisto slowly made their way towards them.

Pulling out of her student’s grip with a final nuzzle, Celestia strode up to meet the group flanked by her sister and the grumpy Chaos Lord. “It seems as though Equestria owes you all quite the debt,” Celestia said, beaming. “Your bravery and honor has averted what could have been an utterly disastrous situation.”

“Especially thee, Miss Lulamoon,” Luna added, staring directly at the unicorn resting on her stallionfriend’s back. “What thou hast accomplished here is nothing short of a miracle.”

“Hey, Trixie-I am a magician, remember? The impossible is kind of my thing.”

“This still leaves one matter, though,” Celestia added, motioning towards the Town Hall as a pair of guards trotted out of its façade, the Amulet suspended between them.

“Yes, that,” Trixie said, ears folding back. “Sorry Princess, but after all the time I spent close to that thing, I really didn’t want to touch it again.”

“Understandable,” Celestia nodded. “But now that it’s back in our hooves, I think we can say this matter can be closed, hmm?”

“Maybe,” Trixie said with a harrumph. “Personally, I think you should all try to find the deepest, hottest, most active volcano you can and throw it in. Then dig up the ashes and feed them to timberwolves. Then blow up the wolves. With fire.”

“Oh, if it were only that simple, my little pony,” Celestia mused, summoning a wooden strongbox and draping the necklace inside. “As it is, you’ll just have to settle for us locking it in the deepest vaults below Canterlot again.”

After a few moments of thinking, Trixie nodded. “I guess that shall suffice.”

“Trixie!” Sethisto said sternly.

“Okay, okay, it’s good, sheesh,” she laughed. Sethisto just smiled and shook his head. Only Trixie would be so flippant with the Princesses of Day and Night (and, to a lesser extent, the spiritual embodiment of chaos).

“Actually Princess, it is quite good that you showed up at this time,” the Mayor added, eyeing the still-smoldering ruins of the Ponyville Town Hall. “Not to destroy the mood, but our Town Hall is ashes now! We couldn’t even pay to repair the roof before, how are we supposed to pay for an entirely new building!?”

“Ah, yes, there is the matter of that,” Celestia sighed, covering a knowing smile with a hoof. “Well, I think you’ll find there is a construction crew in the area that happens to be up to the task.”

“That would be us!” The forepony Sethisto recognized from the tunnels said, striding up with a small army of stallions in orange safety vests and hard hats at his back.

“Well hello, Heavy Lifter,” the Princess said. “I hope you and your stallions enjoyed your little vacation in Ponyville.”

“Vacation my right flank! You sent me an’ my stallions here knowin’ we’d get dragged into this mess!” The stallion yelled accusingly, angry hoofstomps sounding from the construction ponies all around him. “We are professional workers, we ain’t supposed to be used like dis! We’re expectin’ full pay fer the work that one made us do here!” He levelled an angry hoof on Trixie, who cowered behind Sethisto.

The Princesses both reached a hoof up to their chins in fake thoughtfulness. As she hummed to herself, Celestia winked at Twilight, who smiled knowingly in return. She did love it when one of the Princesses’ plans came together. “Very well, stallions. How does double-pay for the past forty-eight hours of work sound?”

The mob fell silent. “Duh-duh-double pay?” One of the construction ponies asked.

“Oh verily well, you drive a hard bargain: we’ll make it triple.” Luna added.

“Tri-triple…” most of the ponies’ mouths went slack. They each stood ramrod still, rooted in place, as if they were all afraid they might be dreaming and moving an inch off their spots might break the illusion.

“And quadruple your normal rates for the work done to repair Ponyville Town Hall,” Celestia said with a wink to her sister.

“And after all that hard work, perhaps thou and thy families would all like to relax,” Luna added with a wink back. “How doth two weeks’ paid vacation in the Jamarecan islands sound?”

“Ja-Jamareca…” the forepony stammered.

“Quadruple pay,” the pony next to him added before his eyes rolled up and he fell unconscious to the ground.

“Wow dude, fainting? That’s, like, three-hundred stallion-points lost right there,” the pony next to him said as their leader rushed up to the Princesses and began kissing their hooves profusely.

“Y’won’t regret dis, Princess! Ponyville’s gonna get a palace t’rival Canterlot fer this!” He said between smooches. “Mark m’words!”

“Oh, that really isn’t necessary…” the Mayor said.

“Sister,” the construction pony nearest to her said, throwing a foreleg over her shoulders. “The most powerful being in all of Equestria just wrotecha a blank check for rebuildin’ yer Hall. You really gonna look a gift Alicorn in the mouth?”

The Mayor considered this for a while, then grinned. “When can you all start?”

“Whenevah y’want, Mayor!” The forepony said, pushing himself away from the Royal pair’s hooves and galloping to the Mayor’s side, ushering her away from the square. “Now, I’m thinkin’ we should start off with the front: how do y’feel about gold-plated gates?”

As the entire group disappeared around a corner to hammer out the details for Ponyville’s new Town Palace, Celestia smiled and shook her head. “Now, if that’s everything…”

“Princess!” One of the guards strode up to the group and saluted.

“Of course it isn’t,” she sighed, rolling her eyes towards the guard

“A Princess’s work is never done,” Luna said sagely, nodding towards the guard. “Yes, Private, what is wrong now?”

“One of the dogs wishes to speak with both of you.” He replied, lowering his hoof.

“A dog?” Luna mused. The royal pair exchanged looks. Even Discord looked up, eyebrows raised. Eventually, they all just shrugged cluelessly at one another. “Verily well, guard, bring him forward.”

Nodding, the guard retreated around a corner, quickly returning with a couple more guards leading a diamond dog along at spearpoint. It definitely wasn’t the most impressive dog the group had seen: kind of scrawny, actually. Even standing on two legs, he barely rose to just over his pony guards’ heads. He had matted, purplish fur (though it looked pretty soft by dog standards) and a simple red vest which looked like it could use a good cleaning, though not as badly as some of the other dogs’ clothing. Still, despite his thinner build and smaller stature, the ponies all regarded him with suspicion, Rainbow Dash going so far as to clop one hoof in the other and shake her head slowly as he approached.

To everypony’s surprise, the moment the dog approached the Princesses he sank to one knee and bowed. “Greetings, oh Princesses of Equestria.”

“And salutations to you,” Celestia replied, an eyebrow arched. “No offense to your race, but you seem a bit more cultured than most of the diamond dogs we have had dealings with.”

“Most diamond dogs aren’t expected to put on a decent show for visiting rulers and diplomats,” the dog shrugged, sticking his hands in the pockets on his vest. “Look, I’m gonna cut straight to the chase here: I know what you’re after, I know what it looks like, and I know how to lead you straight to it.”

“Oh?” Luna glared suspiciously. “And why wouldst thou betrayeth thine own leader to aid us?”

“He’s not my leader,” Carnifax replied, a tint of anger materializing in his eyes. “Not anymore.”

“Be that as it may, we’re more than willing to listen if you have anything to offer us,” Celestia said quickly. “Mister…”

“My name is Carnifax, and until about two hours ago, I was Shizukh’s personal assistant and secretary. Every little secret about his den was in my paws at some point or another, even the ones he didn’t want me to know,” he glared at each of the ponies in turn. “Now, do you want my help finding what you want, or not?”

“And just what would you ask for in return?” Celestia asked.

“Full Equestrian citizenship, and total amnesty from any punishment my colleagues may suffer,” he replied without missing a beat. “I wanna be able to live in any pony community of my choosing, and have all the rights and opportunities that a pony would enjoy.”

“Nope,” Rainbow Dash said. “No way, Jose.”

“In yer dreams, varmint,” AJ added.

“After the hell you all put me through!?” Trixie screamed, nearly falling off Sethisto’s back in the process. The yellow unicorn quickly wrapped his hooves around his marefriend, keeping her from trying to throw her weakened body at the dog, if only on the off-chance that one of her limp hooves might flail around and sock him.

“Fine then,” the dog waved a hand dismissively and turned around, as if getting ready to just walk away. “I’ll just be on my way to the nearest dungeon, then. Good luck finding what you need in those miles of tunnels by Shizukh’s den, though. I mean, seriously. Good luck. You’ll need it if you have any plans of finding it anytime within the next century.”

“Wait,” Celestia called, and every other being in the square turned to her. Accustomed to being the center of attention, the Princess strode up to the little dog and smiled gently, as if it were just the two of them, not also hundreds of other ponies and a draconequus watching with growing interest. “Your offer is accepted, young one. Provided the information you give us is valid, you will be granted full citizenship under the Equestrian throne, with all the benefits it provides.”

“What!?” Everypony gasped.

“Marvelous,” Discord mumbled with a mischievous grin.

“Hush!” Celestia’s hooves rose for calm before everypony could start shouting at once. She surveyed them, making sure she faced each and every one of her subjects at some point. “This is not up for debate. This dog may have knowledge vital to the safety of Equestria as a whole, knowledge I cannot risk losing.”

“But sister,” Luna gasped, galloping up to her sister. “We have no place to put him, where will he stay? Who will ensure he doesn’t try something?”

A few moments of silence followed, before a most unexpected voice replied: “Oh, for heaven’s sake! I’ll do it!”

All eyes turned in surprise to the speaker. “Rarity…” Twilight gasped. “I…what!?”

“Darling, can you think of anypony better to keep a dog in line?” The alabaster unicorn said with a little wink. “I’ve been thinking about journeying into those tunnels for more gems anyway, and I could use the extra set of hooves-er, paws. And besides, I am the Element of Generosity, am I not? What kind of Element would I be if I were to refuse shelter to somepony…or, should I say, some dog?”

“It’s settled then,” Celestia said happily. “Carnifax, you are to stay with Miss Rarity of Ponyville until further notice.”

“Wait-I…” Twilight started.

“I accept!” The dog gasped, his stubby little tail wagging as he bounded happily up to the unicorn and, also unexpectedly, wrapped his arms around her. Rarity flushed a deep red and struggled in the dog’s grip, still strong by pony standards. His eyes shooting open, the little dog quickly released her and took a few steps back, blushing deeply. “I-I mean, that is incredibly gracious of you, Miss…”

“Rarity,” the fashionista said with a smile and a wink, sticking out her hoof. “Element of Generosity, at your service, darling.”

“Well, you certainly live up to your title,” he said, taking her hoof in his paw and kissing it gently.

Blushing, the white unicorn smiled at each of her friends. “You see? This shouldn’t be as hard as any of you are making it out to be.”

“Um…what shouldn’t be?” Carnifax asked.

“Why, civilizing you, of course! I mean, I’m sure you’re quite clean by dog standards, but you’re still rather dreadful by pony standards!” She promptly began poking and prodding him with her magic, that familiar blue shimmer finding every speck of dirt and every patch of matted fur. “I mean, when was the last time you actually used conditioner!? And this vest! Darling, rags were never in vogue!”

“Well…I never actually...” he started as he was pushed roughly towards the boutique. “Aw, by all that is good and shiny, what have I gotten myself into!?”

“Feh,” Spike snorted, crossing his arms and watching the pair disappear into the fashionista’s home. “Poor guy’s got no idea what he’s in for.”

“Well, it looks like that’s all settled,” Celestia said, nodding satisfactorily as she turned to the pair of guards that had escorted the small dog around. “Do keep an eye on them, if you please. I would like to ensure Mr. Carnifax doesn’t get to any sort of mischief while the rest of the town is celebrating.”

“Yes, Princess,” the guards exclaimed.

“Um, Princess,” Twilight said nervously, glancing nervously over her shoulder at her friends for any signs of activity, specifically of the pink and hyperactive sort. “I’m sorry, but did you say ‘celebrating’?”

“I did, my dearest student, can you think of a better time for a party?”

“But Princess!” Twilight moaned, preemptively pointing to the spot in the air where Pinkie immediately popped up and shot away as a small blur to prepare the mother of all parties. “I told her no!”

“Oh, but it is such a fine time for a party, my most faithful student,” the Princess replied with a little wink.

“Bu-but…you can’t…ugh,” Twilight moaned, trotting past her friends dejectedly. “Everypony c’mon. We’re going to a ‘You’re not enslaved’ party.”

“Uh…didntcha tell Pinkie she couldn’t…”

I know what I said Rainbow just come on!” Twilight hissed. Shrugging, the other ponies followed her to a small tavern on the outskirts of town, already decked out in balloons and streamers, with music blaring loud enough to rattle the windows.

“How did she…” Trixie started, staring up in awe at the impromptu party setup.

“It’s Pinkie Pie, that’s how,” Applejack replied smartly as she trotted past. “Anypony wanna show off their moves on the dance floor?”

“Dance floor? Since when does anyplace in Ponyville have a dance floor?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Since about ten seconds ago when I deployed my emergency rave floor, silly!” Pinkie replied, abseiling from the roof on a party streamer.

“Of course,” Rainbow smiled and shook her head. “Come along then, everypony, it’s time for a Pinkie party.”

“Pinkie party?” Some pony in the crowd said. “You know what? I could use one of those after a couple days like this.”

“What’s the occasion?” Another pony asked.

“The fact that we’re not enslaved.”

“Really?”

“Really.”

“Sounds awesome!” The second pony gasped, bouncing enthusiastically towards the tavern. “I can’t think of anything better to celebrate!”

He didn’t even notice Twilight as he passed, staring back over Ponyville with tired eyes as the town’s populace streamed by her. She cringed slightly as she heard the crinkle of streamers and cheap, paper table cloths behind her. She didn’t have to turn around to know Pinkie would be hanging there, probably on the edge of a party streamer, a grin that could outshine the sun on her face. “Yes, Pinkie, I know they like the idea.” She mumbled.

The shimmer off Pinkie’s teeth grew brighter as her smile grew wider.

“Yes, Pinkie, I am aware that this proves me wrong.”

Even brighter.

“No, I would really not appreciate you pointing this fact out to me right now. Just…let me enjoy this night, get some sleep, and you can rub it in my face all you want in the morning, okay?”

“Okey-dokey, loki!” The pink mare hugged her lavender friend and promptly bounded off to host the party brewing around them. Twilight sighed and rolled her eyes before trotting in through the door, hardly even realizing that a few beings still weren’t inside.

Spike had fallen behind, his eyes still dwelling on the boutique with a sense of longing. As such, he was the only one to notice the tiny pink shape sneaking along through the bushes by the fashionista’s home. Arching an eyebrow, he followed after it, eventually cornering the shape in an alleyway. He hid behind a garbage can for a good look at it: pink, fluffy mane, three balloons on the flank, hot pink coat. There was no denying who it was supposed to be, though her normal bounce had been replaced with a quiet little sneak as "she" tip-hoofed away.

The baby dragon took cover behind a trash can and peeked over his shoulder at the tavern, confirming another pink pony just in front of the door, bouncing around, chatting with other ponies, her mouth going fast enough to make a hummingbird dizzy. He shook his head and smiled. No way that could be anypony but Pinkie, which made this pony her double, but then, why were they trying to sneak away? Just who had played Pinkie in all this, anyway? His curiosity getting the better of him, the baby dragon stood up and called out, "Hey!"

The pony cringed and quickly turned around, a transparent smile pasted on their face. "Well, hello there, Spikey...wikey!" They said in an obviously falsetto voice. "What're you up to on this…sparkly…sunshiney…fun day?"

"Nice try," the dragon crossed his arms and cocked an eyebrow. "But Rarity is the one who calls me Spikey-wikey, not Pinkie."

A few drops of sweat rolled down the pink pony’s forehead, carrying trails of makeup with them. "I-I don't know what you could possibly be..." the pony was interrupted when 'she' backed up into a trash can, tilting it over with a loud crash. "Oh, cinnamon sticks!" The pony exclaimed, then realized their mistake. The pony covered their mouth with a hoof, eyes widening as the dragon's jaw went slack.

"Mr. Ca..." he started, cutting off only when the baker galloped up to him and jammed a hoof into his mouth, his eyes shooting daggers.

"Two months of free donuts whenever you walk into the shop or a shallow grave on the outskirts of town," the baker pony hissed. "Which is it going to be?"

Understanding immediately, Spike pulled the hoof out of his mouth and grinned. "Make it three months, and this never happened."

"Deal," the pony and the dragon shook hands/hooves and parted ways, leaving Spike free to rejoin the growing celebrations, and Mr. Cake free to lock himself in his room, scrub the paint off, and do a few pushups while trying not to sob uncontrollably.