• Published 8th Aug 2013
  • 2,457 Views, 73 Comments

Nightmare's Heir - johnnycajxrt



A jilted prince comes back to Equestria after his banishment to try and finish the work he started.

  • ...
20
 73
 2,457

Epilogue

Thestrals


After Francois’s death, the Thestral Army continued to fight valiantly, but were defeated; mainly due to their inability to counter the magic of the unicorn guards, led by Shining Armor, as well as Princess Celestia herself.


However, Celestia understood why the Thestrals had helped Francois and why they held such contempt for both her and Luna. So, to ensure that they would not rise again in rebellion, she gave them what they had been fighting for. They were allowed to venture out of the caverns and be integrated into the population of the rest of Equestria and aspire to become more than another Lunar Guard.

Solstice


Solstice, upon hearing of Francois’s death, was deeply saddened, but that sadness was quickly replaced with joy when he found out about his race’s newfound freedom, as well as the return of his mother, Colonel Darkside.


His family wasted no time in utilizing their newfound freedom, moving out of Eclipse City and into a house in Canterlot. He grew up to be an excellent flyer and, because of this, was accepted into the Wonderbolt Academy where he went on to become the first non-pegasus Wonderbolt in history.


He still continues to visit Francois’s grave on an almost daily basis, paying respect to the friend that helped him achieve something that had never been done before.

Cadence and Shining Armor


Cadence and Shining Armor mourned the loss of Dusk Shine, but they eventually were able to move on and have two more foals.


Even though it had been Francois that had taken Dusk from them, Cadence still mourned her cousin because she had known him before the evil had taken over his heart and knew the good he could have been capable of doing. Despite Shining’s wishes, she named their second foal, a colt, Shining Midnight.

Cloudflower


After Francois left Canterlot, Cloudflower ended up going back to New Horseleans to move back in with her family.


But unbeknownst to Francois, when he attacked Canterlot, Clouflower was pregnant with his child.


Princess Luna found out about her relationship with Francois while helping Cloudflower get out of a nightmare she was having. Upon finding out about the relationship and pregnancy, she had Cloudflower move back to Canterlot Castle so that she could oversee the foal’s upbringing and to make sure that it didn’t turn out like Francois


She gave birth to a healthy pegasus colt, and decided to name him after his father since, other than wings, he looked exactly like his father.

Prince Francois Midnight Junior grew up under the watchful eyes of his mother and grandmother. As he grew older, he began to ask about his father and the kind of pony he was. Luna told him about the good that his father did and could have done, whereas Cloudflower told him what little she remembered about the pony that she fell in love with.

Princess Luna


After the battle was over, Princess Luna was released, but the effects of the battle were long felt. She mourned the loss of her only son, but understood that it needed to happen and, when finding out about Cloudflower being pregnant, vowed to not let her grandson become like his father.


Yet, when Francois Junior asked about what become of his father, she couldn’t bring herself to tell him, instead letting Celestia, as well as his Aunt Cadence and Uncle Shining tell him because of the immense amount of pain that it caused her.

Author's Note:

And that's it! Game over man, game over.

I really do hope you all enjoyed reading this story as much as I enjoyed writing it. If there are any questions you guys have regarding some loose ends that I may have left out, do feel free to ask in the comments.

Oh, and as for Francois Jr. here's the General Zoi code: 0D2S0060101F1F87FFC49D00000555B89UN183700000000301000000D111110D00000000004CB2\

For the last time on this story,

Stay safe, stay alert, and Secure, Contain, Protect.