• Published 8th Aug 2013
  • 1,625 Views, 20 Comments

Dreams of a Pegasus - StormLuna



This is the story of a pegasus who sees one of her friends being able to fly with ease yet she has a lot of problems flying. All she wants is to be able to fly like her friend.

  • ...
8
 20
 1,625

Fluttershy's Frustration

It was a peaceful morning in Ponyville. The sky was bright and sunny, there was no wind blowing and the temperature was just right. It was obvious that the pegasus ponies planned a perfect day for Ponyville. Twilight and four of her friends were at Sugarcube Corner having some sweets when Rainbow Dash came rushing in the door.

Rainbow Dash started screaming, "Ohmygosh, Ohmygosh, Ohmygosh! You will never guess what came in the mail today!"

Twilight looked at her with a glare and said, "Rainbow, could you please use your inside voice. I know you are excited over whatever it is, but it is no reason to go screaming so loud everypony in town can hear you."

Pinkie Pie handed Rainbow a cupcake and said, "What's the good news Dashie?"

Rainbow Dash opened the envelope and showed her friends the letter she got from Princess Celestia. It read, "Dear Rainbow Dash, I am sure you are aware that the Cloudsdale Flying Contest is coming up here in a week. I would love it if you would come and take part in this considering you are one of the best flyers in Equestria. Sincerely, Princess Celestia"

"This is going to be so awesome!" shouted Rainbow "I know I am going to totally win this thing!"

All of her friends were celebrating her getting invited but something seemed a little wrong with Fluttershy.

"What's wrong Fluttershy?" asked Rainbow "Aren't you excited to go and see me win another competition?"

"I've just got some things on my mind." replied Fluttershy

"What kinds of things?" asked Rarity

"Oh just all sorts of things. Nothing in particular." replied Fluttershy

The rest of their get together went along as it normally would before they decided to go and do what needed to be done.

"See y'all later." said Applejack "I have apple bucking that I have to do."

"See you later everypony, I really need to get back home and catch up on my studying." said Twilight

Fluttershy walked back home with her head hung low as she wished so much that she could fly like Rainbow Dash but knew that she was a weak flyer and never would be a good flyer.

Rarity came running up to her and said, "Fluttershy, what is wrong? You seem so sad."

Fluttershy looked up at her and said, "Oh, I'm ok Rarity. I'm just a little tired and stressed."

Rarity would not just take that for an answer. She continued to try to get Fluttershy to tell her what is bothering her the whole way home. Fluttershy got a bit irritated and decided to tell her.

"You know what has me feeling down Rarity?" said Fluttershy "It is that Rainbow Dash always gets these invites to all these tournaments and competitions."

"Oh Fluttershy, don't let that bring you down. We all love you the way you are. There are things that you do really good that I know Rainbow Dash could never do." replied Rarity

"Oh, and what is that?" asked Fluttershy

"Well, look how good you are with animals. You tamed a manticore in the Everfree Forest, none of the rest of us could have done that. You brought a full grown dragon to tears after he tried to hurt us. Also, you have your stare that can freeze anypony or anything in their tracks. Rainbow Dash doesn't have that talent."

"I know," said Fluttershy "I should be happy with things the way they are but I will admit that I envy her flying abilities."

Rarity replied, "Well I will let you in on a secret of my own. I am jealous of Twilight's magical abilities but I don't let it affect how I am or act around her."

"You're right," said Fluttershy "I should act as I normally would around her and not let my desires to fly as good as her affect how I behave around her."

"That's the Fluttershy that I know and hold so dear." replied Rarity "Just keep your head up and don't let anypony's perception of you affect you. You know all your friends love you."

"I know." said Fluttershy "Sometimes I tend to forget the things that really matter. Thank you for helping me realize that."

Rarity headed back to her boutique hoping that Fluttershy would go with them to the Cloudsdale Flying Contest. She knew that with the way Fluttershy is feeling that it would be tough for her to act like she normally does.