• Published 22nd Feb 2012
  • 3,985 Views, 61 Comments

My Little Brony: Mateship is Magic - Rainy Meadows

  • ...
10
 61
 3,985

Episode Four: The Return of Harmony part 2

MY LITTLE BRONY: MATESHIP IS MAGIC

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic rule 63 edition

EPISODE FOUR: THE RETURN OF HARMONY part 2



Developed by Rainy Meadows

Cover images by Trotsworth




CHARACTERS:

Dusk Shine: Prides himself on being the star student of Lord Solaris – an antisocial who is uneasy about meeting new ponies.

Spines: Dusk Shine’s assistant – a baby dragon and his best friend/little sister – sometimes feels unappreciated, and occasionally has to prompt/coerce Dusk Shine.

Applejack: Belongs to an extensive family of apple farmers, and is strong and reliable in a bad situation. Speaks with a thick Southern American accent.

Rainbow Blitz: An athletic weather pony who idolizes the Wonderbolts and is renowned for boasting and bragging about his achievements.

Elusive: Speaks with a heavy Mid-Atlantic accent – very critical when it comes to details and fussy about his appearance.

Butterscotch: An extremely shy and easy-to-scare pony who enjoys anything to do with animals, but is not as antisocial as Dusk Shine. His voice is very quiet.

Bubble Berry: Quite possibly the happiest, most energetic, most RANDOM pony in the whole of Equestria – obsessed with parties and finds it impossible to be quiet.

Eris: The spirit of chaos and disharmony, and not your average villain – prefers pranks and mischief to actual evil.



Lesser characters:

Lord Solaris: Ruler of Equestria and Dusk Shine’s mentor.






Previously on My Little Brony...

Dusk Shine: (running into the throne room) Lord Solaris! We came as fast as we could!

Lord Solaris: I need you to wield the Elements once again, and stop Eris.

Dusk: The Elements! They’re... gone!

Eris: (laughing) Every one of you has to play, else the game is over and I win.

Applejack: Our friendship... OVER?!

Dusk: Who were you talking to?

AJ: Nopony! Nopony whatsoever. (Looks shiftily from side to side)

Dusk: What? (Different scene) Berry! Man, am I glad to see you!

Bubble Berry: Oh you are, huh? Why? Need a good LAUGH?

Dusk: What the hay is happening to my friends?

Eris: Looks like we might be in for a big ol’ storm of CHAOS!



(theme song)



Following on from where the previous episode left off. Eris is rolling around on the ground laughing; Dusk is wearing an expression of horror and despair as she does. Suddenly, Berry pops up, looking angry.

Berry: And what’re YOU laughing at?

Eris: (wipes her eyes) You guys are the most fun I’ve had in aeons!

Berry: (standing on her belly) Well, QUIT IT! You better stop before you laugh at the Bub... ble Berry!

Butterscotch: Oh yeah? Well ha, ha!

Berry: Quit it!

Butterscotch: No. Ha, ha!

Berry: QUIT IT!

Butterscotch: No! (Continues to laugh mockingly at Berry)

AJ: Uh, Elusive? (Strokes the boulder) This here diamond o’ yours? Dusk said we should split is six ways since we, uh, found it together.

He starts to look shiftily from side, but Elusive floors him with a karate kick.

Elusive: Hi-YAH! (Kicks AJ) Try it, bitch. She’s mine. All MINE! (He then proceeds to defend his ‘gem’ from AJ, even as he backs away)

Dusk: Guys, why are you acting like this?

Berry: (ignoring Dusk) Quit it! STOP IT!

Dusk: We need to stick together!

Butterscotch: (also ignoring Dusk) Ha, ha!

Eris has summoned herself a cinema-style set of seats, and is sitting down lazily eating from a box of popcorn.

Eris: It’s just too entertaining.

Dusk: Stop it, Eris. You’re not playing fair!

Eris: (putting down the popcorn and standing up) Oh, I’m not playing fair? Well, perhaps we haven’t met? I’m Eris, spirit of chaos and disharmony. Hello!

Dusk: (backing away) How are we supposed to find the Elements of Harmony when you took away the labyrinth before we could get to the end?

Eris: Oh wait, did you- HA! Now that is a classic. You thought the Elements were in the labyrinth?

She brings up a vision of the scene in Canterlot Tower, with her past self reciting the riddle. Eris smiles as Dusk watches, confused.

Past Eris: Twists and turns are my master plan. Then find the Elements back where you began.

They return to the present.

Eris: I never said they were in the labyrinth.

Dusk: But you-

Eris: Keep trying, Dusky. (mockingly) Maybe the magic of friendship can help you! Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have some chaos to wreak.

She disappears in a flash of white light. Over Dusk’s head, the sky is closed by cotton candy clouds, which then start to drench the area in chocolate rain (some stay dry and others feel the pain).

Berry: Chocolate milk? I HATE chocolate milk!

Dusk: (trying to ignore his friends) Ugh, come on, Dusk, think! Think! “Find the Elements back where you began”. Back where you began...

Behind Dusk, a commotion is taking place.

Elusive: (carrying his ‘gem’ on his back) Don’t you DARE touch my gem!

Butterscotch: I’m touching your gem, Elusive. (He places a hoof on the boulder) Ha, ha!

Berry: What’re YOU laughing at?

Dusk: I just wanna go home! (has a “Eureka moment”) Wait... home! Back where you began. The Elements must be in Ponyville!

Ponyville is shown. Several buildings are floating in the air, upside down. The grass has been replaced by pink and blue chequers, and the sky is hidden behind cotton candy clouds showering the scene in chocolate milk. Dusk is leading his friends down a road towards the insane town.

Dusk: C’mon guys, I’m sure this is what Eris’ riddle really meant. If we can get back to the library, I have a book which I know can give us a- WAH!

He is trampled by three foot tall rabbits with hooves.

Butterscotch: Good girl, Angela. Papa’s so proud!

Night suddenly falls, and the roads have apparently become extremely slippery.

AJ: Wow, Ah can see so much better now. Whoa! (He loses his footing and slides along the road, knocking down Butterscotch, Berry and Elusive before coming to a rest next to Dusk) Ah meant to do that.

Dusk: (as the sun suddenly rises, he starts slipping and struggles to remain upright) Eris turned our dirt roads into soap!

Eris: (skating past) Beautiful, isn’t it? (points at the town) This is the new, improved Ponyville, and these are only my first changes!

Berry: This may look like fun (dances around like a figure skater) but it’s not!

Dusk is obviously getting more and more annoyed. Eris appears behind him and picks him up, holding him out so he can see Ponyville.

Eris: Picture it, Dusky. The chaos capital of the world.

Dusk: (as night falls again) I can’t picture anything. It’s too dark.

Eris drops him onto the soapy road.

Eris: Oh well, give it a few minutes and you’ll see it in the spectacular light of day! Or not. (She leaps into the air and vanishes)

Dusk: Ponyville, the chaos capital of the world? Not if I have anything to say about it!

Butterscotch: (skating past) Don’t worry, you won’t. Hehehehehehehe!

Later: the five colts (and one boulder) are walking towards the library. The sun suddenly sprouts into the sky.

Dusk: *sigh* Okay, we’re here, now will everypony just PLEASE just go inside?

AJ: Ah absolutely refuse. (As he trots inside, he loses his colour and turns completely grey)

Butterscotch: My pleasure! (He stops to trample the flowers by the door, and also fades to absolute greyness)

Berry: (entering, turning grey) I HATE libraries!

Dusk groans, and Elusive starts petting his rock.

Dusk: Come ON!

Elusive: Forget it, Dusk! I know exactly what you’re up to. As soon as I go in there you’ll have your little minion Spines come and take Ida!

Dusk: (baffled) Ida?!

Elusive: Well, it’s not going to work!

He nuzzles ‘Ida’ affectionately and becomes completely grey.

Dusk: *sigh* You’re not going in there without her, are you?

Elusive: Nope.

Dusk: (picking up the rock) Fine!

Inside the library, Spines has fallen asleep lying on a mop. Butterscotch picks up the bucket of water and upends it over her head. She is startled awake and shakes herself dry.

Spines: The hay did you do that for, Butterscotch?

Butterscotch: ‘Coz you just looked so peaceful.

Spines: I... uh, what?

Suddenly, Ida crashes through the wall. Dusk almost collapses, and Elusive is annoyed.

Elusive: Careful, you’ll spoil her beautiful finish!

Dusk: Oh, for the love of-

Spines: Dusk, what’s going on? Why does everypony look so... grey?

Dusk: You DON’T wanna know. I just need you to help me find something.

Butterscotch: Hey Dusk, what’s soaking wet and clueless?

Dusk: Butterscotch, I’ve had just about enough of-

Butterscotch: (empties the bucket on Dusk) Your FACE! (Slams it onto the hapless unicorn’s head)

Spines: What’s happened to everypony?

AJ: Ah guess you just bring out the worst in us, Spines.

Spines looks hurt.

Dusk: No time to explain. Could you help me find the reference guide to the Elements of Harmony? I want to find it before SOMEPONY does something he’ll regret.

Spines: The Elements of Harmony? I know exactly where that book is! (climbs a ladder and pulls out the book) Found it!

Butterscotch snatches it away from her claws.

Dusk: Butterscotch, give me that book. Now.

Butterscotch: Keep away! (throws it to AJ)

Dusk: Hey! Applejack, give me the book!

AJ: (balancing it on his nose) I don’t have any book! (He throws it to Berry, who passes it back to Butterscotch)

Dusk: Berry- Guys, quit it!

Spines tackles Butterscotch, who loses his grip on the book. Dusk is about to pick it up when Elusive runs past and grabs it.

Elusive: Mine!

Dusk: Hey, do you even know what you just stole?

Elusive: No, but if you want it, I want it!

Dusk: GIVE ME THAT BOOK!

He chases Elusive around the library, avoiding the obstacles thrown in his path, before stopping after crashing into Ida. Elusive has remained... well, elusive.

Dusk: Where is he? Where’s Elusive?

AJ: Beats me.

Dusk: LIES!!

He jumps on AJ and Berry and a major scuffle begins, everypony throwing punches, kicks and bites into the equation. Eventually Dusk is thrown out, clutching the reference guide like a newborn foal.

Dusk: Get back, all of you! This is my book, and I’m going to READ IT!

Spines stands guard over him as he opens the book, revealing...

Dusk: *gasp* The Elements!



(commercial)



Dusk: The Elements! They were here all the time!

Spines: This is brilliant! Now you guys can defeat Eris and put everything back to normal!

Dusk: See guys? We did it! We found the Elements of Harmony – together!

Butterscotch is playing with Berry’s mane – Berry himself is sitting, cross legged and grumpy. Elusive is polishing Ida, and AJ just yawns, obviously bored.

Dusk: You don’t even care, do you?

Butterscotch/Berry/AJ/Elusive: No!

Dusk: (sadly) I never thought this would happen. My friends... (angry) HAVE TURNED INTO COMPLETE DICKS! (He then places the correct Elements on the correct ponies, saying-) Collar, collar, collar, collar, and... big crown thingy! (puts the crown on). C’mon everypony, let’s go!

Spines: But Dusk, aren’t you missing somepony?

Dusk: (sarcastically) Well now, let’s see: we’ve got the liar, the grump, the hoarder and the brute. I think that just about covers it!

Spines: But what about Rainbow Blitz?

Dusk levitates the final golden collar onto Spines’ neck.

Dusk: Congratulations Spines, you’re the new Rainbow Blitz. Now let’s go!

Spines: But-But what if he finds out I’ve been impersonating him? Oh, that won’t end well.

Dusk: Tough luck, you’re Rainbow Blitz. Now let’s go defeat Eris so we don’t ever have to speak to each other again!

AJ/Butterscotch/Berry: (cheers)

Elusive: (grunting, trying to move Ida)

Dusk: BUDGE!

Outside, the others are waiting.

Dusk: (from inside) Look out! Here comes Ida!

Part of the library wall smashes as Dusk levitates the rock out, it when it falls to the ground the other colts quickly jump out of the way. Eris approaches, wearing an expression of fake despair.

Eris: Well, well, well, I see you’ve found the Elements of Harmony!

Dusk: (bitterly) Hello, Eris. I figured out your dumb riddle. You’re in for it now!

Eris: I certainly am. You've clearly out-duelled me, and now it's time to meet my fate. I'm prepared to be defeated now, boys. (puts on her sunglasses and creates a target on her stomach) Fire at will.

Dusk: Formation! NOW!

Berry, AJ, Butterscotch and Elusive nervously move into V formation around Dusk.

Dusk: Rainbow Blitz, get over here!

Spines joins the formation.

Dusk: Alright, let’s get this over with.

He closes his eyes and concentrates, his horn starting to glow. A magical wind starts to blow through the area, making the pony’s manes stream impressively. Dusk opens his eyes, which glow white, the collars glow as well (although the wearers are less than impressed), they all start to levitate, and Eris lowers her glasses...

...and the Elements fail, and everypony falls in a heap.

Dusk: How- w- what’s going on?

AJ: Mine’s workin'. There must be somethin' wrong with yours.

Berry: I HATE the Elements of Harmony!

Butterscotch: (throwing his to the ground) Hmph, garbage!

Elusive: (grabs the collar) MINE! (vanishes)

Spines: Sorry Dusk. (removes the collar) I-I guess I’d better get back upstairs and clean up the library. Good luck with all this WHOA!

Butterscotch trips her with his tail.

Butterscotch: Whoops! Sorry, Rainbow Ditz!

Eris: Bravo lads, bravo! Harmony in Equestria is officially dead! Eris rules, Solaris drools! (taps Dusk on the nose and laughs – he glares at her angrily)

Berry: (to nopony in particular) It’s YOUR fault it didn’t work!

Dusk: Who the hay are you talking to?

Berry: Any of you! ALL of you! Whatever, I’m outta here!

AJ: Ah’d better go too: Ah’ve got new better friends waitin' fer me at the farm.

Butterscotch: Same here. I’m sick of you losers.

Dusk: Fine! LEAVE! See if I care! With friends like you, who needs... enemies...?

He bows his head and finally succumbs to Eris’ corruption, turning completely grey. A tear rolls down his cheek and splashes onto the blue ground, the puddle taking the shape of a broken heart.

Dusk wanders through the chaotic Ponyville with a cotton candy cloud raining chocolate milk on his head. He is passed by a band of ballet-dancing buffalo, a googly eyed colt who floats through the air flapping his lip (http://starryoak.deviantart.com/art/Screwloose-276589390), another who runs across the top and sides of the reader’s computer screen, and a backwards rain of pies. Eris appears, laughing.

Eris: Ha, ha, ha, my sides! Dusky, Dusky! You’ve got to see what I just did!

An unfortunate pony with a giant pepper shaker over his head sneezes, and several buildings – flat as pancakes – fall to the ground.

Eris: HA! Priceless! (Dusk does not respond – Eris scoops up the cotton candy cloud and takes a bite) Oh come on, Dusky. You’ve got to get into the spirit of things. After all, this is your new home.

Dusk: (looking round at the messed-up Ponyville) No... not anymore. (walks away)

Eris: YES!!! (laughs triumphantly)

As night falls once again, Dusk enters the library and walks past Spines, who is lying on the ground.

Dusk: Pack your things, Spines, we’re leaving.

Spines groans, clutching her stomach. Dusk produces a suitcase and starts putting things in.

Dusk: And don’t ask where we’re going, ‘coz... I don’t know yet. (He drops his crown in the bin)

Spines: Can’t... move... Lord Solaris... has been sending these... since I came back upstairs. (She belches out a scroll) Make it stop!

She is lying next to a pile of scrolls, some unrolled. Dusk picks them up and examines them.

Dusk: These are all the friendship reports that I’ve sent to his highness since I started living in Ponyville, but-but why would he send them all back?

He starts to read the friendship reports.

Dusk: “Real friends don’t care what your cover is... Friendship is an awesome and powerful thing... and like the path cut through the orchard, there’ll always be a way through...” (starts to regain his colour) “... The best thing to do is stay true to yourself... Everypony has a special magical connection with his or her friends, maybe even before they’ve met them...”

Dusk now has a light purple coat, violet eyes, and a dark indigo mane with pink and purple stripes. His cutie mark consists of a magenta six pointed star surrounded by five smaller sparkles.

In short, he is back to normal. His face lights up with a massive smile.

Dusk: Spines, Spines, it’s all so clear now! Can’t you see? Eris is trying to distract us from what’s important! (picks up Spines and starts dancing happily) She knows how powerful our friendships are, and she’s trying to keep us from seeing it! (pulls Spines into a hug) Do you remember what I said the first day we came to Ponyville? I said that the future of Equestria didn’t rest on me making friends, but the complete opposite is the truth! The bonds I’ve made since arriving in Ponyville are what saved Equestria from Nightterror Nebula, and now they need to save it from Eris!

Spines: *groan*

Dusk: You’re right, Spines. I’ve gotta fight for my friendships. For them. For me! FOR EQUESTRIA!

He strikes an impressive pose, but Spines groans again, and Dusk puts her in her bed.

Dusk: Um, why don’t you just get some rest? I’ll take care of the whole fighting for friendship thing by myself.

Spines continues groaning, and belches out another friendship report as Dusk leaves.



(commercial)



Sweet Apple Acres: a dulled Grampy Smith is tap dancing. Dulled Macareina digs into the ground and pops up, dirt on her head, panting like a dog. AJ eats an apple in reverse, and throws the completed apple away.

AJ: And so Ah tried to defeat Eris, but none of mah so-called friends would lift a hoof to help me!

Dusk: (enters) Applejack, I’m here to fight for our friendship!

Macareina pops up out of the ground and licks him, panting and making Dusk blush.

AJ: (getting up) Oh, so NOW you want to fight! Where were you when Ah was battlin’ Eris?

He starts punching the air, but Dusk knocks him over and pins him.

Dusk: Snap out of it, AJ. This isn’t you. You’re not a liar!

He lowers his head and touches AJ’s forehead with his horn. Images rush past, showing AJ enjoying the company of his friends in the past: in the present, he grimaces and regains his colour.

AJ: What... what happened? (gets up, seeing Dusk) Dusk! Ah-Ah saw a vision of the six of us feudin’ and fightin’... Ah thought it was the truth, and couldn’t face it so Ah started tellin’ lies. (hides behind his hat) Ah wouldn’t blame ya if ya never forgave me.

Dusk: I already forgave you, Applejack. Now let’s move it!

Butterscotch’s cottage: Butterscotch lies on the floor, hogtied, with AJ standing on his tail so he can’t fly away. Dusk casts the memory spell and Butterscotch regains his colour, and immediately looks horrified.

Butterscotch: Oh my- Dusk! Applejack! I just had the worst dream!

Elusive’s boutique (exterior).

Elusive: What are you doing? Get away from my gem! What do you-?

The shop glows from within as Dusk casts the spell. Elusive pushes Ida outside, blushing furiously.

Elusive: (forcefully) This. Never. Happened.

Later; AJ, Butterscotch, Elusive and Dusk walk through Ponyville smiling. AJ is pulling a wagon, in which is seated a hysterical recoloured Berry.

Berry: (laughing uncontrollably) And I-I turned GREY! Can you guys believe that?! (laughs)

Blitz’s house: Butterscotch looks out of an upstairs window.

Butterscotch: He’s not here!

Dusk: Without Blitz, the Elements are useless.

AJ: And he could be anywhere in Equestria by now. How are we gonna find him?

Berry: Easy. He’s right there!

Indeed: Blitz is lying lazily on a tiny, nearby cloud. He is completely and totally grey.

Dusk: Blitz!

Greynbow Blitz: (dismissively) Hey guys.

Dusk: We’ve been looking everywhere for you.

Blitz: (still dismissive) That’s cool.

Dusk: (starting to get annoyed) Look, Eris is still on the loose, and we need the Element of Loyalty to defeat her.

Blitz: Pfft. Loyalty, schmoyalty! Have you guys seen Ponyville? It’s a disaster! I’m staying here in Cloudsdale where everything rocks!

Elusive: How in the world can he believe that tiny patch of clouds is Cloudsdale?

AJ: I dunno; how did you come up with the name Ida?

Elusive: THAT. NEVER. HAPPENED.

Dusk: Hmm... time for plan B.

Some time later: Blitz is fast asleep on his cloud. The others float up in Dusk’s hot air balloon. Dusk, Elusive and Berry are in the basket, AJ stands on top the balloon and Butterscotch flies nearby.

Dusk: (whispering) Right. Butterscotch, you grab Blitz and hold him down. Applejack will lower me down from this rope (indicates) and then I’ll cast the memory spell and Eris will be TOAST.

Berry: Mmm, toast...

Everypony else stares at him.

Berry: What?

Butterscotch: (also whispering) Received and understood, Dusk.

He flies down to Blitz and makes as if to hold him down, but pokes him awake instead.

Butterscotch: Um, I’m just wondering if you’d mind me holding you down against your will for a little while.

Dusk groans and facehooves.

Blitz: (taking to the air) Nice try, Clutterscotch! Ponyville’s YOUR problem, not mine!

He grabs the cloud and zooms away. Dusk lowers a rope down to Butterscotch.

Dusk: Come on Butterscotch, we’ve got to catch him!

Butterscotch takes the rope in his mouth and starts flying at high speed, dragging the balloon behind him. Blitz glances back, smiling, and picks up speed.

Dusk: That’s your cue, Applejack!

AJ throws a lasso around Blitz. Elusive and Berry, who had their hind legs in the coil of rope, scream as they are both dragged out of the balloon and are trailed behind the formerly rainbow-maned speedster.

Elusive: BERRY! You were supposed to secure the ROPE!

Berry: Oops, heh... (grins nervously)

Blitz loses his grip on the cloud, but keeps flying.

AJ: Elusive, Berry, hold on! Y’all are slowin’ him down!

Elusive: Oh Butterscotch, could you be a gentlecolt and FLY FASTER, please?

Butterscotch: (panting) I... I can’t...

Dusk: If we don’t catch Blitz, Eris wins!

Butterscotch: (angry) That mean... stupid... BITCH?!

He starts flying at double his previous speed – for a moment, Dusk looks like his brains are going into his feet.

Dusk: Last rope, AJ! Make it count! (throws a rope to AJ)

Applejack twirls the lasso in the air and hurls it around Blitz’s waist. Blitz struggles to remain airborne as he is slowly pulled down to the ground.

Later: Blitz is being held down by his friends (minus Dusk). He struggles and strains against the ropes binding him.

Blitz: Let me go! I don’t need you guys, let me GO!

Dusk casts the memory spell on him, and he regains his colour and immediately rubs his head.

Blitz: Ugh... what did I drink last night? (Remembers) How’s Ponyville? Where are the Elements?! (pins AJ to the ground) Did we stop Eris?

Everypony else cheers, but stop when they see a group of ballet dancing buffalo passing.

Dusk: Um, I think it’s a little early for a celebration.

Later: Eris is seated on a throne atop a blue chequered hill, surrounded by reverse rains of pies and flying pigs. She conjures a glass and holds it under a raining cotton candy cloud, and it fills up from the top downwards.

Eris: Chaos is a wonderful, wonderful thing. (makes to drink)

Dusk: Not quite as wonderful as friendship!

He and the others are once more wearing the Elements (with the REAL Rainbow Blitz this time) and they all look fierce.

Eris: Oh, THIS again.

She raises the glass to her lips and drinks it, and throws away the chocolate milk which explodes on contact with the ground.

AJ: Yeah! You couldn’t break apart our friendship for long!

Eris: Oh Applejack, don’t lie to me.

She drags him and the other colts towards her by their collars while Dusk watches.

Eris: (to the colts) Will you ever learn?

Dusk teleports to the centre of the circle of friends and conjures up a bubble shield around them. He floats the shield a decent distance away from Eris, who for the first time looks thoughtful, and where the shield touches the ground grass reappears. Dusk and his friends land in the circle of normality.

Dusk: I’ll tell you what we’ve learned, Eris. We’ve learned that friendship isn’t always easy, but there’s no doubt it’s worth fighting for.

Eris: Ugh, GAG! Fine, go ahead, try and use your little Elements. Friend me! (lazes on her throne) Just make it quick. I’m missing some excellent chaos here!

Dusk: Alright guys, let’s show this bitch what friendship can do!

Berry: WAIT A MINUTE!

He sits under a cotton candy cloud, drinking chocolate milk, before rejoining his friends, growling.

The Elements activate. Each one starts shooting shafts of light at Eris, who at first pretends it isn’t happening and expects it to fail, but then starts to look worried.

Eris: Huh- what?

Dusk opens his eyes, and they glow like the sun.

Eris: No.

The colts are engulfed in a globe of light, from which a glowing rainbow shoots into the sky, and it hits Eris right in the face.

Eris: NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

She stares in horror as her body turns to stone, and soon an expression of horror is forever engraved on her petrified face, while the globe of light grows to cover the whole of Ponyville, and then expands outward.

When it fades, Ponyville has returned to normality. Dusk and his friends land gently on the grass as the stone Eris keels over and slams into the ground.

Later: a fanfare sounds as the doors to Canterlot Tower open and the Colts of Harmony walk down the centre, with a massive crowd of ponies on either side. They reach the end of the aisle and stop. Lord Solaris smiles and AJ winks at him. Dusk sees Spines to the side, bent over, waving and still clutching her stomach, and he smiles as well.

Solaris: We are gathered here today to once again honour the heroism of these six friends who stood up to the villain Eris, and saved Equestria from eternal chaos.

The crowd cheers. Solaris unveils a new stained glass window, this one commemorating the six colts united in their defeat of Eris, and the friends turn to the crowd and smile as everypony applauds and cheers.



(end credits)