• Published 22nd Feb 2012
  • 3,984 Views, 61 Comments

My Little Brony: Mateship is Magic - Rainy Meadows

  • ...
10
 61
 3,984

Episode Five: Bridle Gossip

MY LITTLE BRONY: MATESHIP IS MAGIC

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic rule 63 edition

EPISODE FIVE: BRIDLE GOSSIP



Developed by Rainy Meadows

Cover image by Trotsworth




CHARACTERS:

Dusk Shine: Prides himself on being the star student of Lord Solaris – an antisocial who is uneasy about meeting new ponies.

Spines: Dusk Shine’s assistant – a baby dragon and his best friend/little sister – sometimes feels unappreciated, and occasionally has to prompt/coerce Dusk Shine.

Applejack: Belongs to an extensive family of apple farmers, and is strong and reliable in a bad situation. Speaks with a thick Southern American accent.

Rainbow Blitz: An athletic weather pony who idolizes the Wonderbolts and is renowned for boasting and bragging about his achievements.

Elusive: Speaks with a heavy Mid-Atlantic accent – very critical when it comes to details and fussy about his appearance.

Butterscotch: An extremely shy and easy-to-scare pony who enjoys anything to do with animals, but is not as antisocial as Dusk Shine. His voice is very quiet.

Bubble Berry: Quite possibly the happiest, most energetic, most RANDOM pony in the whole of Equestria – obsessed with parties and finds it impossible to be quiet.



Lesser characters

Zircon: He’s an evil enchanter...

Applebuck: Applejack’s younger brother.

Dex, Rusty and Lyle: A trio of ridiculously dramatic stallions who run a flower shop in Ponyville.






Dusk Shine is walking through Ponyville with Spines perched on his back. They are both admiring the weather.

Dusk Shine: Well, it sure is a nice day.

Spines: Rainbow Blitz must have got up early for once and cleared out the clouds.

Dusk: I bet all of Ponyville is going to be out enjoying the sunshine. (He stops) Wh-huh? Where is everypony?

He and Spines are the only ones outside. There is a filly standing on a doorstep, but the door opens and another pony drags her inside before slamming the door. The rest of Ponyville is apparently equally empty.

Spines: Is it some kind of public holiday?

Dusk: I’m sure I would have heard of it.

Spines: Does my breath stink? (She blows green flame onto her claw and sniffs it tentatively)

Dusk: No more than usual.

Spines: (fearfully) is it... ZOMPONIES?!?

Dusk: Not likely.

Spines: Not likely... but possible!

Bubble Berry: (out of sight) Psst.

Dusk and Spines look around, confused.

Berry: (whispering very loudly) Dusk!

He appears in the open top half of Sugarcube Corner’s door.

Berry: (still whispering) Spines! Come here! (beckons, then leans out the door) Come. Here. Hurry! Before he gets you!

Dusk leaps through the door, which slams behind him, and he and Spines are left in darkness. He shields his eyes when Berry shines a torch in them, and Spines hugs him tightly and looks around fearfully.

Spines: Who? The zompony?

Berry: (shining the torch under his face) ZOMPONY?!?

Dusk: There are NO zomponies! Berry, what are you doing alone in the dark?

Berry: I’m not alone in the dark.

The room is then dimly illuminated, revealing the fearful faces of Applebuck, Applejack, Rainbow Blitz, Butterscotch and Elusive.

Dusk: (confused) Okay, then what are you all doing here in the dark?

Applejack: W-we’re hidin’ from h-him!

He points fearfully out the window at a cloaked figure which stands on the outskirts of Ponyville, pawing at the ground. The figure turns to look at the colts, eyes glowing yellow, and everypony gasps (except Dusk).



(theme song)



Applebuck: Did ya see him Dusk? Did you see... Zircon?

AJ: Applebuck! Ah told you never to say that name!

Dusk: Uh, well, I saw him glance this way-

Berry: Glance EVILLY this way!

Dusk: -and then you all flip out for no good reason!

AJ: Oh yeah? You call protectin’ yer kin no good reason? Why, as soon as mah li’l brother saw Zircon ridin’ into town, he started shakin’ in his horseshoes!

Applebuck: (being vigorously shaken by AJ) Di-i-i-id no-o-ot!

AJ: (stops shaking AB) So Ah swept him up and brought ‘im here.

Applebuck: Ah walked here mahself-

AJ: Fer safekeepin’!

Applebuck: Applejack! I’m NOT a baby! Ah can take care of mahself!

AJ: Not from that creepy Zircon you can’t.

Butterscotch: He’s mysterious...

Rainbow Blitz: Sinister...

Berry: And SPOOOOOOKY!

Dusk rolls his eyes and looks out the window and everypony else piles up on top of him, causing him to groan, clearly annoyed. They watch Zircon take down his hood, revealing a striped head and mohawk, and everypony except Dusk gasps in horror.

Dusk: Will you guys STOP that?!

Elusive: Just look at those stripes; so gaudy.

Dusk: He’s a zebra.

Everypony else: A WHAT?!

Dusk: A zebra, and his stripes aren’t a fashion statement, Elusive. He was born with them. (Spines sneaks into the kitchen)

Elusive: Oh, goodness. (Faints dramatically)

AJ: Born where? Ah ain’t never seen anypony like that ‘round these parts except him!

Dusk: Well, chances are he’s not from around here. (outside Zircon keeps pawing at the ground) My books say that zebras come from someplace far away. But I’ve never seen him in Ponyville before. Where does he live?

AJ: That’s just it. He lives in... the Everfree Forest!

There is a crashing sound akin to thunder, but it is actually Spines dropping an assortment of pots and pans in the kitchen.

Dusk: Spines!

Spines: Sorry, Dusk!

AJ: The Everfree Forest just ain't natural. The plants grow...

Butterscotch: Animals care for themselves...

Blitz: And the clouds move-

AJ/Butterscotch/Blitz: All on their own!

Elusive: Oh, goodness! (Faints dramatically... again)

Berry: And that wicked enchanter Zircon lives there doing his evil... stuff! He’s so evil, I even wrote a song about him!

Blitz: Here we go...

Berry proceeds to jump around Sugarcube Corner singing crazily.

Berry: (singing) He’s an evil enchanter, who speaks evil banter, and if you look deep in his eyes you’ll feel like you’re hammered, and what will he do, he’ll mix up an evil brew and he’ll gobble you up in a big tasty stew sooo... WATCH OUT!

He stands on a table on his hind legs, forelegs in the air, panting heavily with a crazed look in his eye. Everypony else just stares at him.

Dusk: (sarcastically) Wow. Catchy.

Berry: (gets down) It’s a work in progress.

Dusk: Look, this is all just a load of chitchat and rumours. Now tell me; what exactly is it that Zircon does that’s so evil?

Blitz: Uh... well, once a month, he comes into Ponyville.

Dusk: (dramatically) Oooh!

Elusive: Then, he lurks by the stores.

Dusk: (still being dramatic) Oh my!

Butterscotch: And then, he digs at the ground.

Dusk: (as dramatic as possible) Sweet Solaris’ beard! (normal) Okay, I’m sorry, but how exactly is any of this bad? Maybe he just comes into town to visit, did you think of that?

Applebuck: Yeah! Maybe he’s just being neighbourly.

Dusk: And maybe he’s not lurking by the stores, maybe he’s just, well, going to them! Lurk free.

Applebuck: Yeah. Everypony likes to shop. You know what I think-

AJ: APPLEBUCK! Hush and let the big ponies talk!

Applebuck: (quietly) Ah am a big pony!

Blitz: But what about digging at the ground? You gotta admit that’s weird.

Berry starts re-singing Evil Enchanter in the background.

Butterscotch: What if he’s digging for innocent little creatures?

Dusk: I’m fairly sure there’s a perfectly reasonable explanation for everything Zircon does, and if any of you had the guts to approach him you’d find out what it was!

Applebuck: (to himself) Well, Ah’ve got the guts. Ah’m gonna find out mahself.

He sneaks out of Sugarcube Corner and into the street. Zircon glances round, and Applebuck hides behind a stall. Nopony else has noticed him leaving.

Dusk: Now you guys are just being stupid.

Berry: Well, I heard Zircon eats hay!

Dusk: See what I mean, Berry? I eat hay! YOU eat hay!

Berry: Well-well I heard it’s the EVIL way he eats hay!

AJ: Hey! Where’s Applebuck?

Butterscotch: (pointing) The door’s open.

Elusive: He must have gone outside.

Blitz: And Zircon’s still out there!

AJ: That silly colt! Ah told him to stay put!

Everypony runs after Applebuck except for Dusk and Spines, who still has a saucepan on her head.

Dusk: Spines, you stay here in case Applebuck comes back.

Spines: (saluting) Will do!

Meanwhile, Zircon has entered the shady undergrowth of the Everfree Forest. Applebuck pauses on the edge, looking as if he’s having second thoughts, before drawing himself up to his full height and following Zircon into the trees. He is standing in a clearing, in a space surrounded by blue flowers, when-

AJ: Applebuck?

Applebuck: Uh-oh.

AJ: You git back here right now!

Zircon: (turns around) Beware, beware you pony folk! Those leaves of blue are not a joke.

AJ: (picks up Applebuck on top of his head) You-you just keep your creepy mumbo-jumbo to yerself, ya hear?

Elusive/Butterscotch/Blitz: (talk over each other against Zircon while Berry re-recites Evil Enchanter)

Dusk: Gimme a break.

Zircon: Beware! Beware! (disappears into the mist)

Blitz: (stomping his hooves in the blue flowers) Yeah, right back at you, Zircon! You are your... lame curse are the ones who’d better beware!

AJ: (to Applebuck) And you. Why couldn’t you just listen to yer big brother?

Applebuck: I-

AJ: Who knows what kinda nasty curse Zircon coulda hit ya with?

Berry: Just like in my song! (jumps around in the flowers) Evil enchanter, with the banter, getting hammered-

Dusk: Am I speaking in Inponesian or something? How many times do I have to say it? There’s no. Such thing. As curses!

Blitz flies low to the ground (through the flowers)

Blitz: That’s interesting to hear coming from Mr Magic Pants himself. (taps Dusk’s horn)

Dusk: My magic, REAL magic, comes from within. It’s what every unicorn is born with. Curses are artificial and fake; it’s conjured with potions and incantations. It’s all smoke and mirrors to scare ponies. But curses have no real power: they’re just an old pony tale!

Everypony starts to walk away, but AJ pauses.

AJ: Just you wait, Dusk. You’re gonna learn some pony tales really are true.

That night: Dusk is asleep in bed, tossing and turning in an extremely weird dream involving his friends and Zircon.

Dream Berry: He’s an evil enchanter, who speaks evil banter...

Dream Zircon: Beware! Beware!

Dream Berry: If you look deep in his eyes, you’ll feel like you’re hammered...

Dream Blitz: Yeah, was that supposed to scare us?

Dream Elusive: Wicked, wicked zebra!

Dream Butterscotch: ...a curse!

Dream Berry: Then what will he do?

Dream AJ: Just you wait, Dusk. Some pony tales really are true.

Dream Berry: Then he’ll gobble you up in a big tasty stew sooo WATCH OUT!

Dream Zircon: (laughs evilly)

Morning: Dusk groggily wakes up. His hair is such a mess that it completely hides his horn.

Dusk: Oh man, what a bizarre dream. Curses schmurses.

He gets out of bed and sees his mane in the mirror.

Dusk: Blimey! Heh, maybe Zircon cursed my hair! (He chuckles as he combs his hair into submission... and then he sees that his horn has become floppy and useless, and covered in blue blotches) EEK! Or he cursed my horn!



(commercial)



Dusk and Spines are searching through books in the library – Dusk considerably more desperate than Spines.

Dusk: No, no, no, no, no! None of these books have any kind of cure! Ugh, there’s got to be a reasonable explanation for this! An illness? An allergy, maybe!

Spines: A curse?

Dusk: (facehooves) I said a REASONABLE explanation. Something that points to something – you know – real?

Spines: Well, how about this one? (holds up a book – Dusk eyes the title incredulously)

Dusk: “Supernaturals”? Spines, the word supernatural refers to stuff like zombies and ghosts and spirits and stuff, which are equally as make-believe as curses. This book is just a bunch of hogwash!

Spines: But what if you’re wrong Dusk? What if this really is a-

Berry: A pfurth!

Berry’s tongue is massively swollen and covered in blue blotches. He cannot talk without liberal showers of saliva.

Spines: A purse? How could it be a purse?

Dusk: What the hay-Berry, what happened?

Berry: If wath Thircom! He puth a pfurth om me!

Spines: (shielding herself) Say it, don’t spray it, Berry!

Blitz bangs against the wall outside, trying to steer himself into the library.

Blitz: Ow-He’s trying to- Trying to say –ow! Zircon-dammit!-slapped us all with a- (he crashes through the door and tangles himself in a ladder) a curse! (His wings have moved from his back to his stomach, and have turned upside down)

Elusive: I’m afraid I have to agree.

Dusk and Spines gasp in shock: Elusive is missing every single hair on his body. He is completely and totally bald, and his cutie mark is hidden behind three ugly blue blotches on either side.

AJ: (high pitched voice) Ah hate to say Ah told ya so, Dusk, but Ah told ya so!

Dusk and Spines gasp in shock again: AJ is three inches high and standing on Applebuck’s back.

AJ: It’s a curse, Ah tells ya! (jumps onto a table)

Dusk: But-but Butterscotch seems just fine! (Butterscotch cowers slightly at the mention of his name)

Elusive: (suspicious) Yes, there doesn’t seem to be a thing wrong with him.

Dusk: Butterscotch, are you alright?

Butterscotch shakes his head.

Dusk: Is there something wrong with you?

Butterscotch nods nervously.

Dusk: Would you care to enlighten us?

Butterscotch shakes his head.

Dusk: So... you aren’t gonna tell us?

Butterscotch nods.

Dusk: Yes you will, or yes you won’t?

AJ: Holy horseapples pal! What the hay’s wrong with you?

Butterscotch: (very feminine, opera singer type voice) I don’t wanna talk about it.

There is an awkward pause, during which Spines bursts out laughing.

Spines: This is just hilarious! Look at you all! (gestures to each of the colts in turn) We’ve got-we’ve got Elushave, Rainbow Ditz, Spittle Berry, Appletini, Babescotch and – um... I got nothin’. I mean, Dusk Shine, come on; I can’t even work with that!

Dusk: This is no time for joking around, Spines. Now start looking for more books so I can find a cure!

Spines groans and resumes her search. Blitz detaches himself from the ladder and starts hovering clumsily.

Blitz: I think we’ll find the cure to this curse at Zircon’s place. (crashes again)

Dusk: It’s not a curse!

AJ: Ah agree with Blitz! We’ll go to Zircon and force him to remove this hex!

Dusk: IT’S NOT A HEX EITHER!

Everypony shouts at once except Applebuck and Spines. Applebuck bows his head guiltily.

Applebuck: This is all mah fault. If Ah hadn’t followed Zircon, none of this woulda happened. Ah just gotta fix this. (starts to leave)

AJ: (whispers) Now where does he think he’s goin’ this time?

He jumps into Applebuck’s tail as he departs. Nopony else sees them leave.

Blitz: I don’t care what you say, Dusk! It’s time to stallion up and confront Zircon! You with me guys?

Berry: I ampth!

Elusive: And I as well.

Butterscotch: Well, I dunno. It sounds kinda dangerous.

Spines: *giggles*

Blitz: What about you, Applejack? (pause) Applejack?!

Berry: Heath gomme!

Elusive: Or somepony stood on him!

Everypony nervously checks their hooves.

Dusk: Or sat on him!

Everypony tries to look at their behinds.

Blitz: Berry’s tail!

Berry: (as Dusk checks his tail) Duthp, whath’re you-

Dusk: Applebuck’s gone too!

Blitz: What d’you wanna bet they went after Zircon?

Dusk: Well, they aren’t gonna go after themselves. Come on guys, let’s move.

Elusive: This is highly irregular- WHOA! (slips and falls flat on his face)

Blitz: (faceplants and can’t get up) Little help here?

Butterscotch: (as he and Berry help Blitz into the air) Whoops, sorry.

Blitz takes off and promptly zooms into the wall above the door.

Butterscotch: Uh, Spines? Are you coming?

Spines: Nah, I might stay here and look for a cure. (When everypony else has gone) *gasp* Droop Shine!

Later: Applebuck is working his way through the Everfree Forest in search of Zircon, and suddenly-

AJ: Hold it right there, mister!

AJ emerges from his brother's tail.

AJ: Turn around right now!

Applebuck: (smiling smugly) No.

AJ: What did you just say?! You can’t ignore a direct order from your big brother!

Applebuck deposits his “big” brother on a nearby tree branch, with no way down.

Applebuck: Sorry AJ, but Ah’m the big brother now. (Leaves)

AJ: Applebuck, get back here this instant! I’M GONNA TELL MACAREINA ON YOU!! (pause, no response) Oh, ponyfeathers.

Elsewhere, Dusk and everypony else are making their way through the forest, Blitz flying clumsily overhead and Elusive slipping and falling every few steps.

Dusk: Get a move on, guys! We’ve got to get to Zircon’s place ASAP!

Elusive: Whoa- (he lands face first in mud) Easier said than done!

Blitz: Wait for me! WHA-

He crashes noisily into a tree. As he lies on the ground, his cheeks bulge and AJ pops out of his mouth.

AJ: Blitz! Thank Solaris. There’s no time to lose! (He makes a makeshift bridle out of some vines, a couple of leaves and a twig, and shoves it into Blitz’s mouth. Blitz mumbles incoherently) Ah’ve got to get to Zircon’s, pronto! (climbs onto Blitz’s stomach) Giddy up pony!

Blitz: Ex-CUSE me?

AJ: YEE-HAW!

He stamps on Blitz’s chest, and the hapless pegasus seems to hover in a more stable fashion, albeit upside down. He tries to turn over and almost falls out of the sky.

Blitz: What the- AH!

AJ: No Rainbow Blitz, other way!

Meanwhile, the other colts have arrived at Zircon’s hut. Elusive cannot see as his eyes are covered in mud and leaves.

Elusive: Oh, sweet Solaris, I look horrible!

Berry: (wiping the gunk off Elusive’s face) Mo, PFIFF lookf horribmle!

Elusive: (sees the hut) Oh good heavens, that place does look horrible.

He, Berry, Butterscotch and Dusk crowd around a window and examine the interior of the hut, which is decorated with frightening masks and other strange foreign looking things, with a bubbling cauldron of green stuff in the centre of the room.

Elusive: Nice decorations, if you like creepy!

At that moment, Zircon enters the hut, no longer wearing his creepy cloak. He tips a pot of some kind of powder into the cauldron.

Zircon: (speaking in another language) Monhapete, malee halem mue...

Berry: He thdole me fthong! He thdole im!

Elusive: What? Stole your song, you say?

Dusk: Berry, that sounds nothing like your song.

Berry seems about to re-perform his song, but realises that he can’t due to his swollen tongue. He approaches Butterscotch, who at first appears unwilling, but Berry gives him puppy dog eyes and Butterscotch sighs, frustrated. Berry then re-enacts the dance he did earlier while Butterscotch sings the song (and seems to do it a lot better than Berry, even if it sounds like an opera).

Butterscotch: He’s an evil enchanter and he speaks evil banter, and if you look deep in his eyes, you’ll feel like you’re hammered, and what will he do? He’ll mix up an evil brew, and he’ll gobble you up in a big tasty stew, sooo... watch out.

There is a pause as this unorthodox performance sinks in.

Elusive: (to Dusk) You saw all that creepy stuff. Now do you believe us?

Dusk: (looks through the window again) Psychedelic masks, weird incantations and a great big bubbling cauldron? Ugh, everything really is pointing to Zircon being... bad! (Brightens up) Or... what if he’s just making soup?

Zircon gives the “soup” a taste.

Zircon: Hmm, the perfect temperature for ponies, with luck. Now, where is that little Applebuck?

Dusk: (face falls) or... what if he’s making Applebuck soup?



(commercial)



Dusk: What if he’s making Applebuck soup?

Berry/Elusive/Butterscotch: *screams*

Blitz: WHA!!!

AJ: Ah’m comin’ for yer, Applebuck!

Blitz crashes wildly through Zircon’s front door.

Zircon: Monetewe towombah!

AJ: Whoa! Easy, Rainbow Ditz!

Blitz: AAAAARRRGH!

Zircon: Oh! Malleh!

Dusk: (enters the hut with Berry, Butterscotch and Elusive flanking him) What have you done with Applebuck?

Zircon: No! No! Malleh, malleh!

AJ leaps off Blitz and starts wrestling the zebra’s ear. Blitz screams again and continues inadvertently destroying the interior of the hut.

Zircon: Ponies, what is this you-?

Blitz screams one final time and crashes into the ground, causing the cauldron to spill everywhere.

Zircon: No! No, you know not what you do! You’ve gone and spilled my precious brew!

Dusk: We’re onto you, Zircon. I didn’t want to believe you cursed us, but I’m afraid the evidence is overwhelming!

Elusive: You made me look ridiculous!

Butterscotch: You made me sound ridiculous!

Berry: You mame me spleef ble bleff be blemp!

Dusk: You ruined my horn!

Zircon: How DARE you! You destroy my home, destroy my work, and then accuse ME of being a jerk?

Blitz: We know you put this curse on us. Now, you’re gonna un-curse us!

Zircon steps forward in a rather intimidating fashion, and the colts step back in fear.

Zircon: It is unwise to venture down this road. Your actions will make my anger explode.

Dusk: (stepping forward) Where. Is. Applebuck?

Tension builds and it looks like the entire hut is going to descend into a gigantic brawl, when a certain foal arrives at the door with a saddlebag.

Applebuck: Mr Zircon? Ah think Ah found all that stuff you asked for- (sees the scene) What in Ponyville is goin’ on in here?

AJ: Applebuck! Yer okay!

Applebuck: Uh, why wouldn’t Ah be?

Dusk: (leaps between Applebuck and Zircon in a defensive fashion) Because Zircon is an evil enchanter who cursed us all and was going to cook you up into soup!

Awkward pause. Then Applebuck and Zircon start laughing.

Applebuck: Oh Dusk. Did those dumb stories finally get to you? You know there’s no such thing as a curse!

Dusk looks around at his friends, and then eyes his own floppy horn.

Dusk: Um... look kid, you can’t just stand there and say this isn’t a curse.

Applebuck: This isn’t a curse.

Zircon: If you would remember back, the words I spoke were quite exact... (flashback to earlier) Beware! Beware you pony folk! Those leaves of blue are not a joke.

Applebuck: It was a warning about that blue plant. It’s called poison joke.

Zircon: That plant is much like poison oak, but its results are like a joke!

AJ: Come again?

Zircon: It means this plant does not wreak wrath; instead this plant just wants a laugh!

AJ: ...Can somepony please talk normal?

Dusk: I think he means that when we all went after Applebuck, we ran into the poison joke, and all our problems are just little jokes it played on us!

AJ: Little jokes? Ha-de-ha-ha-ha.

Blitz: Sure, whatever, but what was the deal with the cauldron?

Butterscotch: And that chanting?

Elusive: And all the creepy decor?

Zircon: (looks proudly at his masks) Treasures of the native land I am from. This one speaks ‘hello’ and this one, ‘welcome’.

Elusive: (eyeing the masks) Not welcoming at all if you ask me.

Zircon: The words I chanted are from olden times. Something you call a nursery rhyme.

Dusk: But the cauldron... the Applebuck soup?

Applebuck: (points at an open book) Lookie here, Dusk. That pot of water wasn’t meant for me, it was for all these herbal ingredients. The cure for poison joke is a simple all-natural remedy. You just gotta take a bubble bath!

Dusk: But I ransacked the whole library and couldn’t find anything. Which book has this miracle remedy?

Zircon closes the book, revealing it to be the ‘Supernaturals’ book Dusk had rejected earlier.

Zircon: Here is the book, you see? Sad that you lack it in your library.

Dusk: (guilty) Um, well, actually I do have this book, but I didn’t look past the title because it was so... weird. (Reads the cover) “Supernaturals – Natural remedies and cure-alls that are simply... super”. I... I don’t know what to say. I feel so stupid: I had the answer the whole damn time!

Zircon: (smiles) Maybe next time, you will take a second look, and not judge the cover of a book.

Applebuck: (laughs)

Dusk: Zircon, would you be willing to mix up another batch of this herbal stuff?

Zircon: Mix it up, I certainly will. Yet I am missing an herb from Ponyville.

Applebuck: But whenever he goes into town all the shops are mysteriously closed.

Dusk: I think we can help you with that.

Later: they are all walking into town, when the workers at the local flower shop see them.

Dex: (dramatically) Hey Rusty, check that out!

Rusty: (also dramatically) The wicked enchanter has cursed them all!

Lyle: (most dramatic of all) The horror! THE HORROR!

Everypony runs inside and hides – the streets of Ponyville are soon deserted. Dusk knocks on the door of the flower shop, which opens just a crack.

Dusk: Dex, we need to talk.

Later, the colts are all sitting in a hot tub in the local spa as Zircon and Applebuck pour more herbs into the water. Elusive has regained all his hair; Berry’s tongue deflates and Dusk’s horn resolidifies (GET THOSE DIRTY THOUGHTS OUT OF YOUR HEAD RIGHT NOW).

Dusk: (voice over) Dear Lord Solaris; My friends and I all learned an important lesson this week: never judge a book by its cover. Someone might look unusual or funny or scary, but you have to look past that and learn who they are inside. Real friends don’t care what your cover is – it’s the contents of a pony that count. And a good friend, like a good book, is something that will last forever. Your loyal student, Dusk Shine.

Spa worker: Mr Zircon, I would love to get the recipe for this bath. It is simply luxurious!

Applebuck: Applejack! Hey, where’s Applejack?

Everypony gasps and screams in horror as they desperately search the hot tub for AJ, who is seated in a tiny bath of his own down below them.

AJ: (voice and size back to normal) Ah’m right here, LITTLE bro. Ah ain’t tiny no more!

Elusive: Egad, I’ve never felt so clean-

Berry: (resurfacing) Holy moley! I never ever realised how awful it was to not be able to talk! (Blitz covers his ears and groans) I mean, I LOVE talking but then I couldn’t talk because my tongue was all “ehhhh” (tongue lolls out). Don’t you agree, Butterscotch?

Butterscotch: (normal voice) Yes.

Everypony laughs, and Berry eyes the reader suspiciously.



(end credits)