• Published 10th Aug 2013
  • 502 Views, 4 Comments

The Maria Chronicles: Book 2 Origins - Sea Pony



Follow the life of Maria Ink and Daring Do and discover how they became the mares who raise the Fluttershy we know today.

  • ...
10
 4
 502

New Eden Part 2

The knights of the coucil marched in the small town clearly determined to their task at hand. ``Citizen of New Eden! Please go in your home and lock your door! This is not a drill! I repeat! Go in your home and lock your door!`` The lieutenant yell, the families who were since now enjoying a calm day in the park quickly vanished back in their home.

Each knights formed a small circle around a small area each of them pointed their guns in front of themself waiting for the next orders. They didn’t have to wait a long time before a flash of magic appeared in the middle of the park.

When the sandy yellow magic vanished all was left was a man and a woman. The man was short, had black hair and yellow eyes. The woman had sky blue eyes and a long pink mane that covered most of her face.

``I think we land in the wrong neighborhood.`` the man said to himself.

``Free Dreamer! Ex Harmonys’s knight so nice to see you.`` The lieutenant said slowly with a low feminine tone. Free Dreamer narrow his eyes at her.

``Solana, the protégé of Kira, I can’t say I’m very pleased at seing you right now.`` Free said through his gritting teeth.

``Petty, but we’re not here for you. Fluttershy! You are accused of using a soul catcher and murder.`` The human version of Fluttershy gasp in shock.

``b-But I never did such thing.`` She said through tears filled eyes.

``Keep your lies for Kira. For now you are under arrest, resist and you will endure harshs consequences`` The Rito responded coldly extending her feathery wings menacingly.

- - - - -

I couldn’t believe she was standing just before me. After all this time I could finally see her, as if this entire year have been nothing but a dream and I now only woke up to find my family back. I knew it wasn’t the truth but it was a fantasy I would have like to come true, that is before I met my pony friends.

In front of us was my mother, the only person that ever accept me for who I am before I met Celestia and Cadence. My mom look at us with a critical eye. ``Hello there I don’t think I had the chance to meet you two before, and no offence but I don’t really know what type of horse you are.`` I wince as she said the word horse, treating a pony of horse is like calling a human of ape. It’s not that big of an insult. But the thing was that she was talking to royalty and not a common pony.

``The correct term is pony and my species is called Alicorn and my... Student here is a Unicorn.`` My mother hesitanly nod after a second.

``I’ve met my fair share of species since I came in New Eden. But I got to admit talking ponies is a new one.`` She said with a wry smile. ``Oh! But look at me playing thirty questions, whatever reasons you came here you must be exhaust from the travel come inside.`` With that the tension was gone and we followed my mother inside.

We arrived in the kitchen, there was my father sipping on a cup of tea while he proof read his latest novel. I admit I was a little surprise he would continue to write them after so long. But at the same time it’s was recomforting in a nostalgic way he did so.

``Do you two want some tea?`` Celestia eyes literaly lit up at the sugestion and accepted the offer. On the other hand I refused I never knew how so many pon- people took a liking to it. When my mother sat on a chair at the side of my father I tried to do the same, which fail miserably as my flank crashed on the chair resulting in me being sprawled miserably on the wooden floor.

My mother raise a eyebrow at me. ``Anyway, I make a duty to greet everyone who are a guest. But I want to know why two perfect stranger-`` I wince at being remind that I’m so different than what I’m used to be that even my mother didn’t recognise me. ``-Are doing here? We’re only normal peasant in New Eden and we have nothing to hide...`` She narrowed her eyes at Celestia. ``So what would make the famous fake goddess of Equestria interested in us?``

My eyes widden in surprise, but how?! Mom never show any sign she recognise the Princess, she didn’t even knew the name of her species a minute ago! So how could she know that? ``I’m sorry for the little act earlier, the separatists of New Eden take great mesure so that no one mention anything about the Kira branch especially everything concerning the coucil and the gods surounding it.``

And that what they call heaven?! I would have believe free speach would have been a common thing at least. All thing considered Equestria does seem a lot more like the heaven they talked about than this place. The only difference is that instead of angels singing we have talking ponies, minor details.

``But in our house no one should be listening, so what do you two want?`` She demanded the two of us. Celestia took another sip of her tea and fixed my mom with her gentle gaze.

``I also have to admit I didn’t said the entire truth earlier, my ‘student’ as I put it was put under my protection after a accident where she was teleported through space and time because of one of my old... Acquaintance and had the chance to landed in my kingdom, Equestria. Her name is Maria Ink, your daughter.``

- - - - -

``Ok I admit this place may be bigger than Cloudsdale, but it’s still a mediocre replica.`` Winter Song complained.

``Well the humans do not have the ability to move clouds like you Pegasi do.`` The Doctor replied defensively.

``Maybe, but they had the help from the council to built this place, while Pegasi had nothing but their own strenght, they have no excuse.``

``I have to agree with Winter on this one.`` Said a wall-eyed Pegasus beside the sandy yellow colored mare.

``Ditzy not you too!`` The brown stallion facehoof. ``Ok maybe it isn’t that great of a place to visit but come on! Today will be the day that will lead to the disband of the separatist governement. One of the most hidden case in history! How can you not want to discover what happened?!``

``Knowing our luck the Daleks will be involved... Again`` The grey Pegasus said flatly.

``What are the Daleks anyway?`` The newest memeber of the team asked.

``It’s none of your concerns Winter.`` The Doctor brushed off the question. The mare with the green and blue mane was about to protest but was interupted by the loud yelling of a woman. ``Quick find a place to hide!`` Ditzy Doo and Winter flew above a cloud while the Doctor crawled under a park table.

As they hided a strong looking woman with a beak above her mouth and talons where her feeth should be, guided a squad of knights. In the middle of the knights was a downcasted woman followed by a fuming man bounded in chains.

The hybrid woman had a black eye probably from one of the prisoner. Considering how meek the pink hair woman was. It’s wasn’t hard to conclude the man was responsible for attacking the lieutenant.

Once the marching knights pass through the street, the three time travelers crawled out of their hidden places. ``This woman looked like a human version of mom! And if I’m not mistaken the man was Time Skip. This must be the day his version of Fluttershy died.`` Winter Song clench her teeth before looking at the Time Lord.

``We have to save her!`` The younger mare cried.

``We can’t do that, it could possibly change important events of the past and thus rewriting the history as we know it.`` The Doctor responded in a matter of fact tone.

``b-But we just can’t let her die like this! There must be a way to help her!... Doctor? Where are you?`` As she finished to beg the time traveler. The sandy colored mare noticed that the Doctor was gone.

Ditzy Doo pointed a hoof to the stallion who was arleady galloping in the cloudy street. ``Look like he’s arleady off to save the damsel in distress.`` She said as if it was a expected thing to happen.

``w-What? But he just said...`` She noticed that the wall-eyed mare had arleady took off in the sky. Winter Song shook her head before she flared up her own wings and flew after them.

- - - - -

It’s not everyday that a living goddess come to your house to announce that your daughter became a magical talking pony. So you might imagine the shock of my parents when they learned the new.

``You mean to say that our daughter who disapeared from the face of the world for almost three centuries, was transported into Equis and was transformed in a Unicorn?`` My father said with a disturbingly calm voice.

``I’m afraid so.`` Celestia confirmed.

``...Glad to see you’re finally home Maria`` He said simply with a old looking smile, the kind you see a old man do when his last wish was realised before he could leave his life in peace.

``Welcome home?! This is all you have to say?!`` My mother on the other end was a little less relaxed about the situation. ``If I understand correctly you were in Equestria for a year before you were transformed in this! Why didn’t you visit us sooner?!`` She glared accusingly right at me.

``I-I didn’t know you were there, Celestia showed me this place just today.`` She turn her glare to Celestia.

``Why didn’t you show this place to Maria sooner?! She wouldn’t have been forced to be transformed into a farm animal if you told her the truth!`` At this moment I wished I hadn’t recuperate the power of speech. Because it took every fiber of my being to not scream that the ponies of Equis were nothing like farm animals.

Celestia took the offensive insult as if it was nothing. ``I didn’t show her this place because I through there would be a chance for her to return in her world, if she saw you two do you really think she would return in a world where she lost everything?`` The two parents was silent at that. ``I know that Equestria and New Eden was more safe and peaceful than Earth thanks to the coucil. But I didn’t want her the option of living a normal mortal live taken from her. She was actually going to return to Earth but because of a accident with one of my subject and a reckless member of the angels-``

I knew that ‘reckless’ wasn’t exactly how she wanted to describe Solana at the moment but she restrain herself to insult the knights furthermore in front of my parents. ``-We had some complication and because Maria had a bad reaction to magic we had to transform her immediatly.``

``Why didn’t you transport her out of Equestira if she had a reaction to the magic of level C? She wouldn’t have to be transform if you did.`` My mother wasn’t convinced with the story of Celestia her scowl clearly showed that.

``Like I said a reckless member of the coucil attacked Maria and her pony friend, I had to talk to the coucil so that she wouldn’t be consider as a criminal because of the misunderstanding. But if we waited for me to clear up the case before transforming Maria she would have died, her soul would have fused with the magic of Equestria and she would lose all her human memories before becoming a pony normal pony who wouldn’t remember it’s past live.``

My eyes grew wider at this. Celestia had never said this she just said I would die I kind of assume I would have go to heaven or something like that if I died. But I guess this place we’re currently in, is the closest thing to that fabled paradise we will ever get.

``I know it’s confusing and maybe frightening, but Maria is still your daughter even if she changed of form.`` Celestia assured the mother. The mother pause for a second considering the words of the goddess before a cold expression overcame her.

``As far as I know Maria died with us nine century ago and never made it here. This thing is not and will never be my daughter. I will never accept an animal as my Maria, you probably changed her brain and her personality when you changed her of body. With all the respect I owe you Goddess.`` She spat the word with disgust. ``You and this animal are not welcome in this house go back to your magical land and leave us alone.``

In a instant it was as if my entire world came crashing down, I felt as if someone had punch my heart altering my happy mood of finding my family to extreme sadness and depression. My mother, the only person who ever accepted me for my sexuality in the cruel world I knew had threw me like a simple rag doll because of my new species.

At that moment I want to be like these strong charachters in the books who were able to bottle their emotions when someone insult them and always kept their dignity intact. But the true was that I became a sobbing mess. I felt sad and above all ashamed to give the satisfaction to my mother of seeing me weak and helpless.

Celestia probably knew exactly how I felt and quickly teleport us out of the house. As soon as we where in the street, the ruler of the sun put my head on her shoulder caressing my mane. I sob my heart out on her mane t’ill I couldn’t stand anymore.