• Published 10th Aug 2013
  • 502 Views, 4 Comments

The Maria Chronicles: Book 2 Origins - Sea Pony



Follow the life of Maria Ink and Daring Do and discover how they became the mares who raise the Fluttershy we know today.

  • ...
10
 4
 502

Trottingham

We passed the next month travelling all the important points in Equestria, Fillydelphia, Los Pegasus and Las Pegasus which is very different than the last one despite the identical name we didn't visit Stalliongrad though, I was not really comfortable visiting the infamous city of oppression considering what I am.

Now we only had small towns to worry about. We were arriving in a town called Trottingham the only thing Daring told me about the place was that the inhabitant speak like me, whatever that mean.

"And she was like 'I'm not a filly-fooler! I only bang that mare because of the booze!' I found them the next day making out beside their lockers." Daring burst out laughing and I couldn't help but smile. Even if I didn't care about the story I decided to humor her.

"So she was really a lesbian in the end?" I asked while looking at Johny that looked at the birds with awe.

"She prefer the term 'open-minded' but yeah she was basically a bi." Then she sighed. "I miss Canterlot."

I look at her strangely. "Really? I through you hated the nobles and all that."

"Well I don't miss Canterlot per se but I miss the fact that I could return to a comfy bed each night. The orphanage wasn't much but it was still home."

I look at the filly that been travelling with me all along. She was tired I could tell. "I guess... we did see every important points of Equestria apart Cloudsdale and Stalliongrad. If I don't find my destiny in Trottingham we could return in Canterlot."

Daring looked at me with a frown. "I don't want you to stop the trip just for me."

I shook my head, "no it's okay I think I've seen enough of Equestria to know what the rest look like. Beside I admit I miss Cadence and maybe even Celestia a little bit."

"I still don't understand why you're so angry with Celestia, I mean you don't look like you mind that much being a pony."

"I guess I was just angry and needed somepony to blame, I lost a lot before and after coming in Equestria. But when she transformed me it felt like she had strip everything that made me away."

Daring and me continue to trot in silence for a minute. I could see the small town coming closer in my vision. "You should blame me." Daring said not making eye contact. "It's my fault you almost died and my fault you're a pony all because I couldn't let go of the only pony who gave a buck about me."

I shook my head. "The only person I should have blame is that hybrid freak that attack us. If it weren't for her trying to kill us both I could have send you back in Equestria without me."

"But you would have been in another time than your own!" She countered.

I shook my head "It doesn't matter there was nothing left for me in my time or on Earth for that matter. I guess the only reason I wanted to go back was to try to cling on something that didn't exist anymore."

Daring looked at the ground, but I placed a hoof on her back. "Look we're here," I said snapping her attention on what was in front of her.

Trottingham was different from what I have seen before in Equestria. The streets were made of cobblestone and the houses seem more close to each other, making the streets a little smaller than usual. In fact it remind me a little of my old home...

"So Daring Do, is there something special in this town we could check out?" She shrugged in response.

"Apart from being one of the friendliest town in Equestria there not much to say about this town except maybe a little store know to have interesting magical artifact."

"Well I barely learned levitation and the light spell I don't think I'm ready for magical objects yet." I replied.

"Maybe we could go see it anyway maybe they have cool things from ancient civilisations!" I rolled my eyes with a smile.

"Only for you Daring."

- - - - -

The door of the store opened and the bell above signal our arrival. I look around, the room was barely lit up but I still could see the objects on display. There was many ancient scrolls and books, at the back of the counter an amulet in the form of a Alicorn was enclose in a round glass. For a reason I didn't understand I had a ominous felling about this object.

On the counter itself was a sign on it was written 'out for lunch' I guess we came at the wrong time. It show how much these ponies trust each other, leaving a store unlock while the proprietor was away would be like welcoming thieves with open arms back on Earth.

What caught my attention however was a book with a illustration of three crystals the title was 'History Of The Crystal Empire Written By Mi Amore Cadenza.' Curious I opened the book with my magic.

The Crystal Empire was construct by Smart Cookie in the belief that Earth Ponies could make a new type of magic by embracing the power of love and friendship. One day without warning a artifact known as the crystal heart was taken in posession of the empire. Some say that Smart Cookie forged it with a part of the Tree of Harmony she had stole while others claimed the tree gave her the heart willingly when it saw the city she builded.

A few years later Smark Cookie married a Pegasus stallion by the name of Pansy together they were named King and Queen and their family ruled the empire for many generations. After a few decades the Earth Ponies with the magic of the heart became a new species called simply the Crystal Ponies. Then one day a dark Unicorn by the name of Sombra enslaved the Crystal Ponies and that where the story of Princess Mi Amore Cadenza began.

I turn to the next page only to find a blank page. "What?! But where the story of Cadenza?" Daring aproach me with a curious frown.

"What the matter?"

"I was reading a book but it look like it was never finished." Then without warning the pages began to glow and before I could question what was happening we were both swallowed by the book.