• Published 10th Aug 2013
  • 502 Views, 4 Comments

The Maria Chronicles: Book 2 Origins - Sea Pony



Follow the life of Maria Ink and Daring Do and discover how they became the mares who raise the Fluttershy we know today.

  • ...
10
 4
 502

Manehattan

My stay in Ponyville may have lasted a little longer than I intended. And when I mean little I mean two years long. We called the baby dragon Johny, he have grown to the size of a eight year colt since we had him.

He would have gotten bigger if we didn't stop him to steal things. We teach him that it was bad to steal objects that wasn't our but he's still pretty greedy. Let's hope we can change that.

The advantage of staying in Ponyville for so long to take care of Johny was that now we had enough bits to make in sort we won't have to find another job during our wandering.

Celestia and Cadence wrote to us each two weeks. I forgave Celestia for transforming me into a pony. Sure I miss my thumbs but once you get use to use your hooves, mouth, tail, magic and some Pegasi even use their wings, to manipulate objects it isn't so bad, well except for the mouth thing, I don't think I will get use to that.

To be honest I don't even know anymore why I was angry at being a pony. Sure they are a little too panicky for their own good but apart from that and the lack of hands they're very similar to humans.

At first I through ponies were more technologically advanced than humans since many of the things I've seen in Equestria were more advanced than back home. But I found out that humans had created a lot of things since the time I left home. Like things call television and radio. But most of what they had like cinema, video games, fast food, etc. arleady exist in Equestria.


I also learned with joy that homosexuality became a lot more accept in most countries. Not even close to the level of acceptance of Equestria but it's a start. But to be honest I'm not sure if my world really became tolerant. The information I got came from the Kira's branch version of Earth I can only hope that my world could also change without the help of the council.

I shook my head. The problems of Earth are none of my concern anymore, I'm a Equestrian.

I look at my still sleeping Pegasus friend in the opposite bed. She stayed with me for two years, I through she would go home once she realised my adventure would be anything but epic. But she stayed with me helping taking care of the library and Johny she could have return home anytime yet she never left.

I nudge her with my muzzle hoping to get a response. All I got was a tired and a annoyed groan. I nudge her harder. "Come on lazy flank we'll be late for the train."

"No daddy my frilly pink dress doesn't mean anything, I'm not girly." She mumbled tiredly. I had to put a hoof on my mouth to stop myself from laughing.

I began to think of an idea to wake her up and when a idea struck me I grin evilly. "Ah! Oh my Celestia Daring Do you have a dick!" She open her eyes wide in horror before checking between her hind-legs.

"Where?! I don't see anything!" By that point I had fell off on the floor laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. When she realised what was happening Daring glared at me angrily. "That wasn't funny."

I just smirk at her before talking. "Anyway our train to Manehattan leave in a hour so you better get ready," She only grumble in response.

- - - - -

The ride on the train was...disappointing it felt like it wasn't really an adventure since I was riding on a vehicle everypony use daily. It wasn't comparable to the travel from Canterlot to Ponyville I had done by hoof.

The most excitement we had was when Johny burp fire and scared off a lady that sat in front of us.

But all of that was forgiven when I came in front of the biggest city build by Earth Ponies: Manehattan. I could see multiple ponies with yellow carriages pulling other busy-looking ponies. I could see a few Pegasi fly by but the majority were Earth Ponies.

I felt as if I didn't belong here. I could see hundred of ponies in the streets but I was the only Unicorn around. But fortunately no one seem to care about the magical bone that stuck out of my forehead.

But what was truly breathtaking were the massive constructions of the city trying to reach the sky with their impressive height. "I've never seen a city so...Big before." I said not taking my eyes off the city.

Daring Do smirk at my expression while a sleeping baby dragon ride on her back. "Unicorns are smart and are often skilled in politic, Pegasi are fast and control the laws of nature. But if there one thing Earth Ponies are good at beside farming it's their skill in technology advancement. The cinema, the video games and even the train we just came out off? All Earth Ponies creations."

From what I understood Earth Ponies were similar to humans. Nature wasn't as charitable for them as the two other tribes so they filled this void with technology more advanced than any others in Equestria. The only differences with my former species is that they are not interest in warfare technology and they can make plants grow even in some harsh environments with their magic.

"So what do we first? This place is known for their theater but we can do something else." My Pegasus friend said to me.

I was about to say that I wanted to learn a little more about the city before going to the theater. But something bumped into me interupting what I was about to say. "Oof! Oh sorry miss I didn't see you." I look down at the small voice and saw a very young looking colt. He was almost as small as a cat, if I had to take a guess I would say he's between two or three years old.

"It's alright-"

"Oh my gosh is that a dragon?! That so cool!" The colt bounced in front of Daring Do looking at the black lizard-like creature in awe.

Johny woke up with an annoyed expression I was about to panic when I through he would spit fire at the excitable colt. But as it turn out the dragon only yawn sleepily.

I sigh in relief before my ear twitch as I heard two pair of hooves galloping in our direction. "Cheese Sandwich! How many time do I need to tell you not to run off in the streets?!" The voice of a older mare scream.

"Sorry mom" 'Cheese Sandwich' look sadly at the ground.

"I'm sorry if he bothered you and your fillyfriend. He's a sweet colt but the city life isn't made for foals as excitable as Cheese."

"She's not my-" I was cut off by my Pegasus friend.

"It's fine my fiancée here is a bit of a stick in the mud but no harm was done." What?! Fiancée since when?! The mare smiled gratefully before taking the colt with her.

I turn to Daring with a glare. "What was this all about?" She shrugged with a smirk.

"Would you have prefer have that knowing look that say 'that what they all say'?" Well I guess she's right but still! "Beside we're taking care of a baby, we lived together for two years and you arleady make out with me I'd say we're pretty close of a married couple arleady."

My face was beet red at that point. "It's was just the salt talking when I kissed you! Beside I'm not even slightly attracted to you." I replied trying to save my dignity.

"Come in my bed tonight and I'm sure we can cure this attraction problem." She gave me a sultry smile with a wink.

I respond by shoving her away. "You perverts!" I trot away from her I had no direction in mind I just wanted to get away from Daring.

"It's not my fault you're so hot!" She ran after me. I tried to hide my face from the ponies in the street as my embarassing friend followed me.

Manehattan was a great sight for sure the theater was great and Daring Do calm her teasing after a while. While it was great the city was a little too crowded for my tast. I can't wait to see what the rest of Equestria have in reserve.