• Published 9th Mar 2012
  • 2,181 Views, 38 Comments

AppleCakes - Agalakachikaboum



A fan-made sequel of Cupcakes, where a new mare visits, bringing back old souvenirs...

  • ...
5
 38
 2,181

Ch3: Explaination

"Erm..." thought Applejack in a hoarse voice, followed by a long deadly silence. Apple Pie was still staying firm, looking at Applejack then Rainbow Dash, with a question mark in her face. "What? She's gone? She left?" she asked in a questionnable voice. She was insisting to know what happened to her old friend.

"Let's say..." started Rainbow Dash, trying to find an explication without filling with either anger or fear. "Let's say she sort-of got banned from Ponyville..." she continued. Her voice was unsure and she didn't dare look in the round, shiny eyes of the pony that asked the question. She looked at Applejack, who was sharing her expression. Apple Pie was staring at them now suspiciously. "Why did she get banned?" she asked.

Applejack cleared her throat. "Let's say she... Did somethin' bad..." she replied in a strangling voice. Apple Pie's eyes slowly grew wide. "So you found out?" she asked in the same questionning voice. "Found out what?" asked Rainbow Dash, becoming suspicious again. "The cupcakes," the apple-color pony answered firmly.

Both Applejack's and Dash's eyes grew bigger. "You... You knew about it?" asked Rainbow Dash. Apple Pie simply noded, with no expression on her face. She didn't seem to mind about it. "Wait... That means she murdered even ten years ago?!" exclaimed the apple bucker. She seemed horrified to think about what Pinkie could of done.

"Yup." Simply replied the pony. "Though she killed mostly animals in that time," she informed the two terrified ponies. "How come you didn't tell us?" asked her cousin. Apple Pie simply shrugged. "She told me my number will go last if I kept it secret, but I refused, cause I will finish by dying after all." she explained. "So I decided to follow her and join her in her little bloody parties, so I could form a team with her and never die." Applejack and Rainbow Dash were eating each and every word of her sentence. Applejack was terrified just thinking that her so generous cousin could of helped killing people just for herself. "Though," Apple Pie added, breaking Applejack's thoughts, "I wasn't very happy with what she did, and I never was. It's thanks to me that she started killing more animals than ponies," she finished. Applejack smiled slightly at the apple-colored pony, seeing in her a pinch of what she was before.

None of the two ponies thought even a second that she was lying.

--

"Apple Pies for everyone!" said Apple Pie happily, a cabaret filled with delicious-looking pies in her hands. She placed them on the table and everypony started eating like crazy. Applejack had her mouth surrounded by apple sauce, Dash was asking for her third plate, Rarity was enjoying each of her bites perfectly cutted with a fork, and Fluttershy's shoulders and opened wings were filled with a decade of small birds crying for more. Apple Pie was standing on two hooves in front of the table, her hands holding in her back and a satisfied smile on her face. She was enjoying everypony's admiration, like always.

"These are delicious!" exclaimed Rainbow Dash, mouth-full. "There the best apple pies I've ever tasted! Wait, no, they are the best PIES I've ever tasted!" she said in an filled voice. Some drops of pie spit down from her mouth while she was talking, making Rarity show an expression of disgust. "Please don't talk mouthful," she tried to reason. "It's very disgusting." But Dash ignored her. "What did you put into this?" she asked the pie baker.

"It's a secret," winked Apple Pie. Rainbow Dash didn't really enjoy that answer, since she really didn't like secrets hidden to her. "Cloudee always refused telling her special ingredient," remembered Applejack. "She wanted to be the best pie maker, and nobody to steal her secrets. Nobody knewn her special ingredient," continued Applejack. "Nobody except Pinkie," noted Apple Pie. Everybody looked down and started chewing slowly as soon as she pronounced that name. Seeing the error she did, Apple Pie tried to make everybody forget. "So, how are my apple pies?"

All the ponies agreed on one fact: they were delicious. Fluttershy added shyly that she could make other people taste, and that they will surely like it just as much. Apple Pie hesitated on that fact, until her cousin reminds her: “Well, of course! She’ll become famous, just like the old times!” Which reminded her when she was a youth and she shared her apple pies with all the others from the apple family, which were selling those like crazy and gave an enormous amount of money for repairs and Granny Smith. She was the beloved by all in that time, until she disappeared. She wanted to become just like she was before.

She wanted to make more special ingredients.