• Published 9th Mar 2012
  • 2,181 Views, 38 Comments

AppleCakes - Agalakachikaboum



A fan-made sequel of Cupcakes, where a new mare visits, bringing back old souvenirs...

  • ...
5
 38
 2,181

Ch2: Apple Pie

Rainbow Dash was laying on a grey cloud near the entrance of Ponyville, her eyes piercing down at the horizon. She was looking at every moving thing, every single color. Her eyes frowned; she was hiding her true expression, hidden deep inside. She didn’t admit it to nobody, but she was scared of Pinkie coming back. But she was also weirdly happy. She still couldn’t imagine that the Pinkie she knew had killed her. She wanted the old Pinkie, her best friend always ready to party, to come back. Not the crazy blood-thirsty stranger that has eaten a part of her.

Everybody in town was scared. Since a week, the mayor sent every flying pony to bring their own cloud everywhere around Ponyville to look for the pink pony. Some ponies were put at the entrance, and guards were near the entrance of the mayor’s house.

Even the little fillies of Ponyville were aware. Apple Bloom wasn’t very happy of hearing Pinkie’s come back, but unlike all the other kids, she wasn’t scared at all. Scootaloo was terribly scared inside, but she kept repeating to herself and her friends that the most awesome pony in Equestria will beat her in a flinch. But she wasn’t aware that the pony in question was as frightened as the others.

The guard at the door went for a second to take an ice cream cone at the ice cream car that just stopped not far away. In that exact moment, a suspicious pony appeared from behind the tree near the entrance and got in in a hurry before the guard could see. She passed slowly near him, staring at him the whole time, till he turned back to his work. The stranger’s face turned into a grin, or at least as Rainbow Dash saw from up there. She turned around and started bouncing happily in direction of Applejack’s apple orchard.

Bouncing just like Pinkie Pie used to do.

The sky blue pony opened her eyes wide open. Was it her? She didn’t have the same color, but that would be obvious, since she couldn’t go very far in the village without being discovered. It was clear: that was Pinkamena Diane Pie.

The rainbow Pegasus bounced up, destroying her cloud in a sudden move. Her wings flew open and she planed down as a bomb. She fell directly on the suspicious pony, making them both roll over the ground. They stopped when Rainbow Dash came over the stranger. Everypony around them had noticed the sudden movement, and all came to watch.

“Who are you?!” Yelled Rainbow Dash, her eyes flaming of anger. She was staring at the stranger, but could not recognize her because of the red pile of hair that spread around the suspicious pony’s face. Both were breathing very heavily. “W-wot?” barely whispered the red-haired pony of a weird accent who seemed somehow familiar.

"That voice," whispered somebody in the crowd that gathered around. Everybody turned to see where that voice came from, even Rainbow Dash. Applejack was standing firm, eyes wide open, fixing the unknown pony. Unfortunately, the stranger couldn't see her since her hair was scattered all around her face.

"Applejack?" tried to guess the stranger. Rainbow Dash let go of her as she got up and pushed her hair from her face to her right side. Applejack gasped. "Apple Pie!"

The pony was tall, of half an inch taller than a normal pony, a tiny bit taller than Applejack. Her skin was the colour of a yellow apple, but a bit more tanned than Applejack's. Her hair looked familiar to Pinkie's when it was straight, but Apple Pie's was blood red and a blue wick went the entire long from the top to the bottom of her wig and tail, along with some purple gradation. Her eyes were the same colour as the wick in her hair, and the purple on the sides made them shine. Her tail was the same shape as Applejack's, but hers didn't have an rubber band to keep it in that position. The cutie mark on her leg was very visible, an apple standing on a pie.

"Oh! Apple Pie! On the name of Celestia, it's you!" shouted Applejack before jumping on the stranger to give her a tight hug. "Aple pie!" said the apple-colour pony with her strong accent, making it sound like "maple pie". When Applejack removed herself, she tossed the small bit of her that was on the pony's left to see three little dots on the border of her eye, just like many other ponies from the Apple family had. "It's you," she smiled. Apple Pie smiled back. As the crowd saw there was nothing wrong, many of them flew away to mind their business.

“Apple Pie?” asked Rainbow ash in her back. Both two ponies turned to look at her. “Who is this Apple Pie…?” the blue pony continued, still suspicious about the pony standing in front of her. Her eyes were frowned and we could still see a bit of anger in her eyes. Rainbow Dash was sure it was Pinkie Pie, and when Rainbow Dash was sure, nobody could make her change her mind.

“She’s an old member of the Apple family,” sighed Applejack. “But she has been banned from Equestria and sent to the moon ten years ago,” she continued. “Not even I know why,” complained Apple Pie next to her.

“I see,” Rainbow Dash muttered, her expression not changing at all. And how come she was hiding from the guards?” “Ae was just hidin’ from Celestia,” the apple-color pony shrugged. “Their her guards, after all. I didn’t want to be sent there again for nothin’” she simply said in a normal farm-accented voice.

Rainbow Dash calmed down and let down her guard. “I see,” she simply whispered. She had no reason to suspect the pony anymore. She felt ashamed of accusing her for nothing.

“Ae’m glad to come back in my ol’ good family,” Apple Pie smiled to Applejack. “We’re glad to have you back too, Cloudee” she smiled back. “Stop callin’ me like that!” the red-haired pony complained, upset. Applejack laughed, and so did Rainbow Dash, who found her strong accent very funny. As Applejack introduced Pie to Rainbow, the two of them greeted the other with a smile. “So, you the tough one of the town?” Apple Pie mocked. “Well, yes I am!” answered the rainbow Pegasus. “I’m 20% cooler than everyone!” she told loudly, proud. Apple Pie laughed. “Then I think we’re gonna be good friends,” she declared as she opened wide her wings. “I guess we’d make a good team, looking at your wings,” confessed the cool pony. She seemed to enjoy somebody at her level of strength, or at least that looked that she was.

“But, I’d like to ask though,” Apple Pie remembered. She started looking around before turning back to Applejack and Rainbow Dash. “Where’s my good old friend Pinkie?”