• Published 3rd Aug 2013
  • 1,924 Views, 38 Comments

Scootaloo's Secret - Blue Jewel



No one knows anything about Scootaloo's family. Is she an orphan? Where are her parents? Why wont she say anything about them?

  • ...
7
 38
 1,924

Accidents can happen

The two young fillies were all ears. Scootaloo sighed and began.
"It happened 5 years ago, my dad left my mom for another mare, I had a little brother who was just 4 years old." Scootaloo let a tear fall, "His name was Rain Chaser, my mom was taking us to our new home."

(Scootaloo's flashback)
"Mommy!"
"Yes Scootaloo?"
"Where are we going?"
Scootaloo's mother smiled "Were going to a new home."
"Wheres daddy?" Scootaloo asked
Scootaloo's mom teared up "Daddy's not going to live with us anymore."
Scootaloo got mad and began to scream "No! I want daddy now! He cant go!" She jumps up and down waking up her little brother.
"Scootaloo! Sit down!"
"No! I want daddy now!"
Scootaloo's mom turns around to sit her down not watching the road. Scootaloo's mother loses control of the car and crashes in a nearby tree. Scootaloo sees her mother and cries. "Mommy?! What's wrong why aren't you moving?" She tries to get up "Ouch!" Her wings and back leg was broken. "Rain Chaser?"
"Scootaloo!"
She quickly turns around to face her little brother and doesn't like the sight at all.
Rain chaser was bleeding from his bright orange head.
"Big sis? My head hurts real bad." He begins to cry, "What's wrong with mama? Why is she sleeping?"
Scootaloo bites her lip to keep from crying. "Don't worry Rain Chaser, everything going to be okay."

"Somepony called the ponimedics and took us to a nearby hosptial. I got better in a few months but the doctor's said that I wont be able to fly well until I'm a young adult."
Scootaloo gulps and lets out a tear, "My mom died on instant and Rain Chaser he died after 3 days in the hospital."
Scootaloo cries,"I was beside him the whole time! I watched him as he suffered slowly until he died! No pony should have suffered painfully like that! Especially at his age! He was too young!"
Scootaloo bawls and cries even louder. "The last thing he said to me before he died."

Flashback
Scootaloo begins to cry as she watched her brother slowly die. Rain Chaser sees her and says "Don't cry big sis you look sad I don't like it when you look sad. I'ma see momma in a little while. I spoke to her when I dreamed, she said Don't you worry little one I love you and Scootaloo I'll see you soon. Mama still loves us she said she'll be watching over us up there." Rain Chaser points up. "Bye big sis promise me you'll be a strong filly and a good flyer like the wonderbolts."
"I promise Rain."
beep beep beep beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Scootaloo calms down and looks at her two best friends who are crying. Apple Bloom has a box of tissues and blows her nose.
"Scootaloo?"
"Rainbow Dash?! How long have you been here?"
"Long enough." Rainbow hugs the little filly.

Author's Note:

I made myself cry while writing this...idk comment below if I should end like this or continue.