• Published 27th Feb 2012
  • 2,316 Views, 25 Comments

A dream... - sapoltop



If the human body is asleep, that doesn't mean the mind has to be.

  • ...
3
 25
 2,316

Chapter 3: A dream within a dream

It’s already been ten minutes since Celestia left. You are all silent, everypony is looking at you right now, and suddenly Rainbow Dash decides to break the silence.

“So, I have fans in your world?”

“You sure do!” – you say with a smile on your face.

“Well, I think I’ll go now, I have allot of orders today.” – said Rarity before turning around and leaving.

“Yah, I got to go, umm, practice, see you soon AJ” – said Rainbow before heading out to her cloud home.

“Right ill go hit the books then. See you Applejack.”

“I’ll go home to, if you don’t mind that is.” – said Fluttershy trying not to look at you.

And Pinkie Pie, well, she was looking at you, she had a very serious expression on her face.
“I’ll be off to sugarcube corner.” – said Pinkie Pie with the same serious look.

‘Well that was strange of her. Why was she so serious right now?’ You look down, and then at Applejack. She looks like she’s thinking about something.

“Umm, what are you thinking about?”

“Huh? Oh, nothing I just thought where could you sleep.”

“Oh that’s not a problem, I can just sleep on this hay sack.” – you smile.

“Nonsense! I’ll go clean the guest room and you can be there until you get back home.”

“Sure, get back home…” – you silently whisper.

“What was that sugar cube?”

“Huh? Oh, nothing, just thought about something.” – you smile again.

“Well I got to go buck apples, you can stay here, or go to the house, I already told my family that you’re here, they’ll won’t
mind you.”

“Actually I would like to help you with the bucking.” – you giggle at the thought what “Buck” meant in your world.

“Umm, well I guess it’s ok. But how will you get the apples from the trees?”

“Well since I can’t buck them like you do, I’ll just pick the ones that didn’t fall off from your bucking.”

“That sounds useful. Ok, let’s begin then.”

Both of you set of to the apple trees. You remain silent while going there, but at least both of you are with a smile on your faces. You start to worry on whether or not this is a dream.

As you finally reach the apple trees, you look at Applejack, signaling her that you’re ready for work.
She then begins to buck trees and you collect the ones that didn’t fall off.

“I think I’m getting the hang of this.”

“Ya sure are! At this rate we’ll get more apples than yesterday!” – she smiles with joy in her eyes.

Applejack keeps bucking for about 3 hours, and you keep helping her. After the hard work you two are really tired. You ask Applejack if it’s ok to go take a nap.

“Is it ok? Of course it’s ok! Why would ya think it’s bad to go take a nap? You’re not a slave John, you can do whatever you want, just don’t leave the farm, remember what the Princess told you.”

“Ok, but what are you going to do now?”

“I’ll go do some more chores and then I’ll go meet up with my friends.”

“Oh ok, I’ll be in the house then.”

“Ok, see ya later!” – she smiles.

“Have a nice day.” – you smile as well.

You start heading to the house. The sun is high in the sky. The apple family house looks very nice. As you enter it, you get greeted by none other that Granny Smith.

“Oh so you’re the human I’ve been hearing about.”

“Yah, my name is John by the way.”

“Nice to meet ya John, I’m granny Smith.”

“Nice to meet you too.” – you smile.

“But what are you doing here in the house?”

“Applejack said I could stay in the guest room until I get back home.”

“Ok deary, just don’t brake anything.”

“I’ll wont.”

As you enter the guest room, you notice that it was not showed in the show. ‘Oh well, not everything is shown there, I mean they do have to have some privacy.’ You lay on the bed with your clothes still on, and think about your real life. ‘I wonder, if I am still dreaming, is this even a dream, or is it like another reality that I got in to somehow?’ You just lay there, and moments later, you decide to finally take a nap. You take off your shoes, lay down put your hands behind your head and close your eyes yet again, and fall asleep.

You start to feel heavy again, your vision is blurry. ’What’s going on, what’s happening to me, am I waking up?’ The images are not so blurry, and you can see what was going on. You see a room, a very familiar room. It was your room, and you are still lying in bed. You try to stand up, but you can’t, it’s like your body is paralyzed. You hear your mother coming to the room. She opened the doors, she was crying. After she opened the door and came in, a group of doctors appeared and stood near you.

“He is still alive, I can see him breathe.” – One doctor started speaking.

“How long has he been like this?”

“Well *sob* he was like this since morning, he usually wakes up at-at-at *sob* at 8 a.m., now it’s 11 a.m. and he’s still not moving, just *sob* breathing.” – said your mother with tears in her eyes.

“Mam, I’m afraid well have to take him with us, to the hospital, there we will try and wake him up.”
As the men get closer to you, your vision blurs again. ‘No, no! Don’t! I’m fine! Come on, WAKE UP!, WAKE UP..,’

“…WAKE UP!!”

You notice that you are awake, and that you shouted out that last “wake up”. Though it’s not what you expected to see, you are not in your room, you didn’t wake up, at least in that reality you didn’t. You were still in the apple family houses guest room.

“Oh no, what happened to me, what did I do, why can’t I wake up?”

You start crying, remembering your mother, how she loved you, and father, knowing it was 11 a.m. then, you know he was just to upset to look at you in such a condition, but you know that he loves you as much as your mother does. You just sit, and wonder why are you still here, is this all real, why can’t you come back to reality. You clean your face from tears, stand up, and head for the bathroom. As you open the door, you see Applejack standing there. She was listening to you.

“Oh! I’m sorry I’ve been peepin’ on ya, but ya started t’ sound like you were having a nightmare. Then you shouted “Wake up”. I was just worried for ya.”

“That’s not a problem, I just had a bad dream that’s it.” – you try to smile, but your emotions kick in and you let out a tear.

“Doesn’t sound like just a bad dream to me. What were ya dreaming about, you can tell me.”

“Oh nothing, just some things from the past, don’t bother, it’s not worth it.”

“You shouldn’t hide your feelings like that you know, that’s what friends are for you know.” – she gives you a smile.

‘Wow, to think that Applejack accepted me as a friend.'

“Well ok, I think I can tell you the truth.”

You go and sit down on the bed, Applejack stands in front of you. You take a deep breath before continuing.

“Well my life isn’t, excuse me, wasn’t very “swell” in my world. I got bullied allot, my mom and dad were always arguing, I didn’t have many friends. My days were practically all alike: breakfast, school, lunch, dinner, homework, computer, and ponies. I really wanted to live here, in Equestria, so I thought I would try a thing called lucid dreaming. It’s the type of dreaming, where you know you’re sleeping, and able to control your dream, so I tried it, and at first I thought I succeeded, I appeared at your farm here, and woke up to your sister and her friends poking me with a stick.”

“Oh.” - she looks a little bit confused, and sad at the same time.”

“And that’s when I met you. Anyway, I kept thinking weather this is a dream or not.”

“So you mean, you were thinking are we real or not?”

“Well… I mean… I don’t want to offend you, but yes.” – you frown.

“It’s ok, you got plenty of reasons to think this isn’t real.”

You continue to tell her what happened.

“So I was heading towards the house, I entered the guest room, just lied in the bed there. Not long after I closed my eyes and slept, that’s when I had a vision of some sort.”

“A vision?”

“I was lying in my bed at home, the only problem was, that I couldn’t move, I saw my crying mother, and a group of doctors around me. They were asking her various questions about me. Then, then they tried to take me to the hospital, I wanted to wake up, to hug my mother, to tell her it’s ok, so I started yelling “Wake up”. My vision started to blur, and my last “Wake up” appeared as a shout.”

“Well golly, I don’t even know what to say. I wish there was some way I could help you, but I don’t know how.” – said Applejack with a frown on her face.

“It’s no big deal.”

After a short moment, you remember something and start to talk again.

“Hey Applejack, didn’t you tell me that you were meeting your friends, why did you stay here?”

“Oh, right, well ah started to head to mah friends and I thought I would check in on ya, but as I got to to the door I heard you, and that’s why I didn’t go.”

“Well they must be worried about you, they can go start looking for you if you don’t show up.”

“You’re right, ok then sugar cube, I’ll go.”

“Ok, I’ll go walk around the farm to clear my mind a little.

As you finish the sentence, Applejack turns around and goes to meet your friends. You go outside as well. You walk around, thinking what do you want more, to live in Equestria, or to go back home. The only thing what you want to know so far is what’s going on in your reality.

It’s 7 p.m., the sun is setting. ‘Wow, what a beautiful sunset this is.’ Applejack has not yet returned. ‘She’s probably just having fun, yah, that’s it.’ You’re standing near the place where you arrived into Equestria. ‘I just wish I could see my mom just one more time.’ You start crying, missing your loved ones. You never thought you would cry so much about that. You stop crying, look up to the sky, it’s already dark. You gaze at the stars, you see your mother, formed from the stars, you feel sleepy, you lay on the grass.
“It’s time to go to sleep.”