• Published 25th Jul 2013
  • 623 Views, 20 Comments

Sides of the Same Coin - Ventan



Max woke up to find out that Scootaloo rescued him from the Everfree Forest. Sense then, he hangs around Scootaloo and the CMC only to find out that he might have feelings for a certain filly.

  • ...
12
 20
 623

...then there's the meeting...

Scootaloo stood as she witness what had happened. Max was suddenly at Silver Spoon, then to Diamond Tiara. On top of that, he’s BEATING Diamond Tiara to a pulp. Just who is this pony? Where did he come from? …What is he? Thoughts and questions flow into Scootaloo as she stood there, looking down and away from what was going on.

What can she do? What should she do? Scootaloo was thankful that Max is stopping Diamond Tiara from talking, but not to this extent. Not to a point that anypony would do this. Why is he doing this? More and more questions and thoughts poured into her mind, but were stopped when she heard “Stop!”

She looked up to see Silver Spoon on the verge of tears. Then Max raised both of his hoofs, screaming “DAMNIT!” then slamming them down on Diamond Tiara. Did he miss? “Please, Celestia,” Scootaloo prayed, “Please tell me that he missed. Please!”

As if her wish was answered, Diamond Tiara ran from Max and next to Silver Spoon. They slowly turned and walk away. Then, Silver Spoon turned and ran to Max. What now? It looks like they are having a conversation. What are they talking about? Silver Spoon turned and ran next to Diamond Tiara and they continued on walking. Max turned around and Scootaloo found herself staring at his red eyes. Those eyes. Why does it strike fear into her? “Their just eyes… right,” Scootaloo thought,” There’s nothing scary about red eyes. “

But, those eyes… they strike fear into Scootaloo. Those eyes made her pony blood run cold. Max took a step forward. What’s he going to do to her? Scootaloo took a step back out of fear. Why did she do that? Nothing bad was going to her… was it? She continues to wonder, but max spoke broke her train of thought. “Sorry if I scare you,” he said, smiling,” I’ll go now.”

Max turned and ran away form her. “Wait!” Scootaloo shouted, but was too late. He’s already gone. She wanted to run after him, but she’s still to scared. “ Come on, legs! Move!” Scootaloo urges. She wanted to catch up to Max, but why does she want to run away from him as well? At last, with all of her might, she ran and chased after Max. After the hopeless search, Scootaloo gave up and continued back to school. Hoping at least Max's there.

Max/Xam’s POV


“Oh, Celestia. What have I done?”

“Are you still crying, Max? Get over that already!”

“And your not!?”

“…No, I’m not. But if I keep crying, what good would that do? It’ll just waste time. Nothing good will come if you sit and cry all the time.” *looks down with an angry look* “Believe me, I know.”

“Ha, like you know anything.”

* looks up at Max*“Don’t test me, buddy.”

“I’m not your buddy.”

“No, of course not. Want to know what you are? A CRYING BABY THAT STILL SUCKS HIS HOOF! GET OVER IT ALREADY! ...*sigh* It’s not like she’s goanna come and find us anyways. You saw her.”

“Don’t remind me, you monster.”

“And who let me in the first place? If anything, you’re the same as me. We’re both monsters. Never meant to exist.”

“…How can you say that? Even if-” *stops for a moment, then looks down* “Even if it were true.”

“… Look kid. I’m… sorry you had to see that. That… maybe was a bit to far.“

“A BIT?”

“Hey, you agreed with me, so shut up.”

“*sigh* Does it matter anymore? We might as well leave Ponyvile and go far away.”

“Just like home.”

“Hey. Since you remember what home was like, tell me about it.”

“…I prefer to keep that to myself, thank you.”

“Why not?”

“Drop. It. Now!”

“Fine. Don’t tell me. But one day, you will.”

“Ha! Over my dead… body.”

“Xam?”

“…It’s nothing.”


Max heard some ruffling in the bush and looked around. Who’s here? He doesn’t want to speak, fearing that somepony was near the bush and find him. Who could be in this bush? As far as he knows, it’s only him and him alone. Well… minus Xam. Who else could it be?

“Hey. Are you ok? ,” said a voice.

“Gee, smart one. What gave that away,” Max caught himself murmuring. He looked up to see a white pony with purple and pink mane.

“Uh, yea. I’m ok,” Max said, quickly whipping the tears so she won’t notice.

“What are you doing here,” the filly asked.

“Uh… just, uh, admiring the view,” Max said quickly, ”Uh, yea! That’s it! Just admiring the view!. Hehe…”

The filly gave an unconvincing look. She took Max’s hoof and pulled him out of the bush. Max was confused, but decided not to fight against this filly. When they were both out of the bush, max covered his eyes from the sun. Was he in the bush that long? The filly turned to Max.

“So, what were you doing in there,” the filly asked again, this time was actually expecting an actual answer.

Max sighed. He looked down, avoiding even looking at the concerned filly.

“I ran away from someone. I… did something horrible in front of her. And now she’s scared of me. I can’t… see her again,” Max said.

Every word Max said made him shiver out of fear and loneliness. Xam screamed, telling him to get over it, but Max wasn’t listening despite the fact that he was in his mind. He can only think of Scootaloo and her scared face. He was slowly enveloping himself in that only thought until the filly placed her hoof on his shoulder. Max was startled a bit. He looked up to the filly and looked at her bright lime eyes.

“Want to come with me? I think Miss Cherilee can help you. She’s good at making other ponies feel good,” the filly said. (If you thought dirty thoughts while reading that, go to the Waterfall of Forgiveness. -by Brony Hectic)

“You… are you sure,” he asked. He doesn’t want to go, but he kind of needs Xam to stop nagging and he kind of needs to cheer up. Depression didn’t suit him very well.

“Yea! Come on,” the filly said, grabbed his hoof and ran towards a red building… that looks like a school.

“Oh, buck,” Max thought. As they continued to the school, he began to have the curiosity to ask who she is until he actually asked her out of compulsion.

“So, who are you,” he asked.

“Oh, my name is Sweetie Belle,” the filly answered.

“Oh, buck me twice,” Max thought. He had a feeling that bad things are going to happen to him, starting with Scootaloo.

Once they entered the school, the bell ranged and all the colt and fillies sat at a desk, except Max. He stood by the entrance, next to the door. He looked around and found three desks empty, one next to a green pony, who seems to be sleeping, and two next to each other. Scootaloo was also here in the class. Crap. He looked away from her, fearing of meeting eye to eye with her.

The door opened and a purple pony with two different hues of pink for her mane walked through. “This pony's a mare. So she must be the teacher,” Max thought.

To confirm his suspicion, the mare spoke.

“Ok class. Today, we are going to learn about- oh, and who might you be,” the mare asked.

“Miss Cherilee! He’s new here,” answered Sweetie Belle.

Not what he exactly had in mind? But it did cheer him up the fact that Sweetie Bell was trying to help, so he decided to follow along.

“Yes, I just recently, er, moved here,” Max lied. “Better then anything,” he thought.

“Oh, then why don’t you introduce yourself,” Cherilee asked.

“Ok?” Max questioned.

He walked up in front of the class, next to Miss Cherilee, coughed a little for preparation, and began.

“Hello, everyone. My name is-“

Then, the green filly bolted up as if her seat was electrocuted.

“Max...” the green filly muttered loudly.

“Um… yes?” he asked


“Oh my Celestia…Aurora...”

“Who?”

“Your…childhood friend.”

“What!?”

“I ...I can’t believe she’s here.”

“What’s going on!?”

“For the love of Celestia, shut up, Max.”

“Confusion!”


Max stared at the green filly skeptically. "Who is she and why does she know me," he thought. To his surprise, she ran up to him, tackled him, and hugged him tightly.

“I can’t believe it! It’s really you! I’m not dreaming, am I?” the green filly cried while squeezing the life out of Max.

“Um… Aurora, right?” Max attempted to confirm. The way he said id must've sounded lost because Aurora loosened her grip and lifted herself above Max. He saw a tear running down her cheek.

“This ...isn’t awkward at all,” Max thought.

“You… don’t remember me,” Aurora asked with a hurt face. She looked like she was actually crying.

“Oh, damn Max. Think, think, think…” Max thought.

“No, it’s… great to see you again. That’s all,” Max lied. He broke one heart already, he’s not going to break another one.

A wide smile formed around Aurora’s face and continued to squeeze Max. He used his last breath to cough, signaling Aurora that she is making a scene. She got up and looked around. All eyes are on the pair, even Miss Cherilee’s. She quickly got up and tries to compose herself as much as she can while Max slowly got up, trying to catch some air Aurora squeezed out of him. The silence felt forever until Miss Cherilee broke with a cough.

“Well,” Miss Chierilee began, “that was, um, quite a show you two, but we have a class to start. Since you two seem to have a lot to catch up, Max, why don’t you sit next to Aurora? But no talking during lessons, ok?”

“Yes miss,” Max managed to say, still recovering from Aurora’s attack.

Max followed Aurora to her seat and sat next to the empty desk next to her. With that, class began and Max went to snooze land.

Author's Note:

While I was typing the story, I needed music to think. So I searched something Kingdom Hearts related because their music was, is, and forever will be amazing. With that, I came upon a curious song. It's by a youtube channel called Nucl3arW3ss3i. Her music covers are beautiful! Especially her cover for Xion and Roxas. I replayed them over and over while I typed this chapter. Support her! Thanks of her, I thought of an improved idea for Max's and Aurora character! Still going with the original, but thanks to her, now I've added more to Max's and Aurora's character.
And Brony Hectic for the idea of the Waterfall of Forgiveness. It was all his idea. None of it belongs to me. Support him also! He really makes good stories.
Lastly: CRITIQUE!!!! HARD!!!! PLEASE DON'T HOLD BACK!!!!! I NEED THE CRITIQUE!!!!
(But please don't be blunt. Be specific so I know what I need to improve on.)