• Published 26th Jul 2013
  • 1,019 Views, 10 Comments

Cold? Nay, BLUE - Eternal Infernape



You ever get that feeling where you don't feel like yourself? I have, in the literal sense.

  • ...
6
 10
 1,019

Chapter 3: Making Magical Might

Chapter 3: Le Douchebag Within

Shadowmoss Suburbs, SC

Saturday, 11:22 A.M.

We stared at the computer screen for a while, letting this all sink in. This entire situation was completely surreal. It seemed like it came from some random fanfic writer behind a computer screen. If this was a fanfiction, this would have been an interesting idea, but it's not. Or is it... Forget it, an existential crisis was not needed now. Still, I don't know what was weirder; the fact that cartoon ponies actually existed and are coming to our world, or the fact that cartoon ponies actually existed and are coming to our world.

"So...," I began to say, but I couldn't find anything to come out of my mouth. I was afraid of the reactions that mom and Reuben would make, as I imagined them making a scene that I absolutely did NOT want. After a few moments of silence, I turned towards mom, who then said, "Well... I suppose this could have been worse."

Huh?

"You are both still my sons, not someone else. And there might be a way to fix this, so there is no reason in freaking out even though both of my sons are now...,"

"Unicorns from a children's show," I finished.

"W-well, yes, that."

You know, this could have been much worse. Much, much worse. It feels like she's torn between two things, but I'm not sure what things those would be. However, my brother, the sports fanatic, weight lifting, social being that he is, reacted predictably.

"This SUCKS!" my brother screamed. "I can barely move like this!" he yelled while waving his arms around. No, wait- forehooves is the term now, huh.

Anyways, Reuben continued his complaining about how he can't play outside or see his friends in his new form. Readers, I will spare you from the annoyance that is my brother. He eventually began to cry with mom rocking him in her arms. This could take a while, so I decided to get something to eat. Factoring in my new body and diet, I grabbed some milk and cereal with my magic, and poured myself a bowl. I was heading to the dining room, when I noticed that mom and Reuben were staring at me, jaws wide open. "What? Is something wrong?"

"Wha- how is tha- ," both of them were stumbling with their words. After a few minutes of thought, lacking any findings, I went to the dining room and ate my breakfast. Eating was a bit messy, but I managed with a spoon in my telekinetic grip. After I finished, I placed my dishes into the sink, when mom asked, "What was that?"

"What was what?" I replied.

"That!" Reuben pointed to the sink. "The dishes were floating! How did you do that?"

"Wait, what are yo-." Then it hit me. I facehooved in my stupidity. Then I noticed I was able TO facehoove. I didn't think a horse's leg could bend like that. But then again, this was the form of a cartoon pony, so I suppose it makes sense in an odd way. Hmm... I wonder what other positions my body can make.

"Jacob?" mom asked, drawing my attention to her. "The dishes? Floating?"

"Oh, right, sorry," I said. "Unicorns can use magic."

"What," said Reuben.

"What I did was telekinesis, a basic form of magic."

"Magic?" mom said. "That doesn't exist..."

"Really?" I replied. "So what did I just do?"

"I don't know, something?" she replied. I sighed.

"Look, it's magic, I have no idea how it works. It's just normal for a unicorn in the show to use magic."

"Wait, wait, hold on," said Reuben. "You know how to use magic... from a show for children."

"Well, mostly it was speculation and the fandom, but pretty much yeah," I replied.

"Then can you teach me?"

"I'm not sure you can do it, since that body looks pretty young."

"Hey, I got nothing else to do, so teach me!" Reuben exclaimed. Mom just looked on, curious about the whole thing. I sighed in defeat, knowing that my brother will not stop bugging me until I did so. This aspect did fit into his child-like form.

"Alright, Alright, I'll teach you, but don't expect anything, K?" My brother 'Yes'd in joy.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

We moved to the living room, with me placing Reuben on the couch. Mom sat down on the couch, curiousity in her eyes. I brought over a napkin, a fork, and a single cheerio. Unfortunately for me, I was not much of a teacher in the realm of magic; I ain't no wizard, I ain't no Twilight 'TooMuchMagicForOnePony' Sparkle. So I winged it. I ignited my horn with magic (no, I didn't put my horn on fire, put the phone down) and had my brother touch it. "Ok, so this is what magic feels like, ok?"

"I don't really feel it," My brother replied. Hmm... let's try something different...

"Well, when I prepare to use my magic, my horn feels tingly on the inside. When I use it, it feels slightly tingly on the outside."

"Tingly?" My mom asked.

"Well... how can I put this?" I thought about what it was like, before realizing a similarity to our old forms as humans. "Well, you know how if you cross your legs, you lose your feeling in that leg?" He nodded, knowing what I was beginning to get at. "And that when the blood rushes back, it kinda stings a bit?"

"Really? It's like that?" Reuben asked, tilting his head.

"Well, kind of. But it's the closest thing I can think of." I touched his horn, tapping it lightly. "You feel that?"

"Y-yeah, it kinda stings a bit."

"Ah." I put my hoof down. "Remember what that feels like, and focus your will onto an object. That's Telekinesis 101 in a nutshell, so try it." My brother focused on the cheerio, his face scrunching up in concentration. I could tell he was trying really hard, he glared at the cheerio so hard that it could have burst into flames. After a few minutes, sweating and panting, the horn let out a small spark, which shocked my brother and made him lose his focus. The spark landed on the cheerio, blackening the top.

"Well," I began, "you emitted magic to an outside source, so that's a good start. You should rest, your body is still that of a child."

"Huff... I'm not... a child..." He then collasped and fell asleep, snoring lightly.

"Is he ok?" mom asked, rushing to Reuben.

"Yeah, he's fine," I replied. "Just think of using magic as exercising; he's still tired from the trip, right?" Mom nodded at this.

"I'll bring him to his room," mom said, picking up Reuben in her arms. I followed her as we climbed the stairs, but was stopped when she asked, "Why is there a hole in the wall?"

Well fu-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Author's Note:

Short chapter this time! Don't worry, I haven't given up on this story yet. I have plans, big plans for this, with even bigger ideas, and I don't want to waste them. College has started again, which really doesn't mean anything. Next time, the protagonist meets his inner pony. Shenanigans will ensue like always, and I will try my best.

Thanks for reading my work, dear reader.