• Published 26th Jul 2013
  • 1,018 Views, 10 Comments

Cold? Nay, BLUE - Eternal Infernape



You ever get that feeling where you don't feel like yourself? I have, in the literal sense.

  • ...
6
 10
 1,018

Chapter 2: Apparently Not Alone

Chapter 2: Apparently Not Alone

Shadowmoss Suburbs, SC

Saturday, 10:44 A.M.

I was having a pretty off day so far. I mean, let's face it, it's not every day your body becomes something entirely different, let alone a fictional character you know in one of those Saturday morning T.V. shows. It's not every day you become someone or something with a bad rep to the fanbase and the community. It's not every day where you become one of those someones or somethings when you included said being in a personal list of fictional characters you want to punch in the face just for the heck of it. And yes, I made a list. I ranked the list by rating of want to hit, since it was easier than just numerically order it. Blueblood scores a 5.7 out of ten on my list. It would have been higher, if it wasn't for the canonical fact of the events of the Gala in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

"So!" I began, still staring at my reflected face. "You find yourself in a body that is unfamiliar, yet familiar at the same time. You don't know how you became like this, or any particular reason why, but here we are! If mom finds out, she is going to freak out and complain and whine and all that stuff that really annoys you to no end, and shit may just hit the fan. So, Jacob, what do you do? What do you do?"

I closed my eyes for a moment, thinking about the question and my actions next. "Well," I began again, opening my eyes to stare at the mirror again. "What can I do? I can go back to my room and hope this all just blows over like it never happened, but I don't think that's going to happen. I could try going downstairs, but it will most definitely lead to complications. I could take a shower, but I don't think I can turn the knobs with these hooves. I'm not going to do any of that. Instead, I'm going to try and figure out how to use magic like in the show, if possible. Back to my room then."

With that in mind, I went back inside my room, wondering about many things. Now, I should be able to use a minor telekinesis spell, in theory anyway. I focused on the sensations in my horn, trying to will the magic out to no avail. No no no, not like this! You have to target something first. Duh. I focused on a pen on my desk, and tried to 'grab' it with my magic.

And nothing happened. No glowing light, no odd feeling inside, nothing at all. I'm not doing it right, aren't I. A different method then. This time, I though of the pen coming to me like I ordered it to do so. "You! Grey pen! Yes, you, get over here now!" Nothing happened.

Why is it this hard to do? The unicorns in the show were able to do it without much thought given into it... Maybe I'm just thinking too hard. Perhaps if I just bring the pen to me in an instinctual matter... I wonder if this body has the muscle memory to do such a thing. There's just as much difficulty as learning how to walk like thi- no it can't be that simple. It's like I'm working with another sense and limb. No, this is exactly the case I'm dealing with here. Where do I even-

My train of thought was interrupted by a faint humming sound that I noticed. I looked up towards the source, and found several pens floating in mid-air encased in a bright blue color.

"Huh. That was easier than I thought." I felt an odd energy being emitted from my horn, glowing in the same glow as the pens. It felt kinda tingly, like how one would touch something with a body part they had not used in a very long time. "So this is how magic feels, huh? I like it. I like it a lot."

I used my mind to imagine the pens moving in a circle, and the pens complied. I moved them in figure-eights, loop-de-loops, and other shapes and patterns. I was entranced by this force in front of me that I controlled. I didn't think such a thing would be possible in my lifetime, and yet here I am, using magic like it's nothing! Seriously, though, who else can use genuine magic? No one I know, that's for sure.

What else can I levitate? Oh, maybe that TV remote? I focused the energy I felt in my horn to the remote, and it floated in the same light blue field of magic that the pens were in. Nice. How about that college notebook? I focused at the object in question, and sure enough, it floated towards me as well. "My laptop?" Same thoughts, same process, same results. This is amazing! I could do so many things with this ability! The potential could be even end-

That's when I heard a sound. A sound that I knew, a sound that instantly filled me with dread. The sound of the garage door opening.

My mom was back from the airport, with Reuben, my brother, in tow.

Losing focus, all of the items levitating fell to the ground with a thud. "Nooooooooooooooooo... No no noooooo..." Crap. Why did she have to come back now? Why now? I sighed in defeat, knowing this was going to happen sooner or later. Alright, bring on the shitstorm, then. "Bring it on."

I heard the garage closing and the door to the kitchen opening. I was expecting my mom to say something, but to my surprise, no words were said. I heard her footsteps coming down from below, then I heard the stairs making the sounds. All the while, I was sitting on the floor, facing the open door that my mom would eventually come to. She passed by and glanced in my room, presumably to check up on me.

But she stopped moving, and finished the double-take on my bed, where I would usually be, with no one in it. I just knew she was looking for me.

"Down here," I said bluntly.

Her eyes widened at my voice, and she cast her vision downwards, right where I was. She saw me, and what I've become.

And she screamed in surprise. Please note, dear reader, that I do not like people screaming in loud voices. In my mind, I knew I had to act quickly and diffuse the situation before things got out of hand... or is that 'hoof' now? It didn't matter.

"Mom!" I exclaimed. She stopped screaming and stared at me, eyes wide with disbelief. She kept moving her mouth slightly, but she couldn't seem to be able to voice her opinions. Several seconds later (but not enough to be a full minute) she said something in an intelligible language.

"Jacob?" she asked.

"Yeah, it's me," I replied back. "Look, I don't know how I got like this, but I'm still me, ok? Everything's fine, well mostly anyways, but I'll be fine. So please, calm down. Please."

Apparently it worked, as she brought me into a hug. I had to move my head upwards so I didn't stab her accidentally with my horn. Unfortunately, the hug felt like a sad one, as if she was pained about this. Wait, scratch that, she WAS pained about my situation. What ordinary mother wouldn't be pained if her son wasn't human anymore? For a while, at least.
But it felt like there was also something else going on. Something bad to her... that seemed to be made more obvious when I felt her tears running down my coat. And she was sobbing.

Please don't start this now... To my dismay, it seemed she was going to cry again, something that I would not like to happen at this moment. I needed her to calm down and move on, so that I could figure out what happened and see if I could fix it. This peculiar situation was different, as I could not figure out the best way to handle this reasonably. So I let her cry in my arms, being able to do nothing as I was beginning to share a few tears as well. Several minutes passed before we both calmed down, no longer in the hugging position we were in. With that out of the way, all I have to do is endure what comments my brother will have for me. Which reminds me...

"Where's Reuben?" I asked. He wasn't up here, and I didn't even hear a word from him, so in my aspect, it was a reasonable question. Mom... was oddly silent, hesitant even. After a while, she spoke up. "H-He's downstairs...asleep on the couch..."

Something was odd about what she said. She's not usually like this, even with someone else being described. It was like something bad happened to him, something that might be related to me. Why would she be like this, though? Could it be that... crud, it probably is. I voiced my opinion of what happened without thinking about it too much.

"Oh god he changed too, didn't he." I said it more like a statement than a question. Mom sniffed, and then nodded slightly.
"I see...so you said he was downstairs on the couch, yes?"

"Yeah...," she replied. "He was crying about... how he ch-changed..." Her voice began to shake and quiver.

No! Not again! "Mom, deep breaths, alright? I rather not start this again. Just calm down, please."

She sniffed a bit, and began to relax. "Alright," I said. "Can you tell me what happened to him?" She nodded in response.

"Yes, I can," mom replied with a bit more re-assuredness. "I got to the airport and was waiting for his arrival back from his trip. When his plane came in, and the passengers started to exit, he didn't come out with them. Then one of his friends that went with him came out holding an airport pet's cage, and he approached me with it in hand. He s-said that Reuben was in th-there and I was thinking it was a joke, and I told him it wasn't funny as I looked inside and s-s-saw a... thing in there and it stared at me and it spoke to me, saying 'Mom?' and..." She trailed off, looking away from me.

"Ok... I think I got the gist of it," I told her.This bears looking into... still, if it happened twice, it will most definitely happen a third time... "Say... do you think this event happened to anyone else?" I said. "It could be on the news."

"I wouldn't know... maybe," mom replied in return. "We should go downstairs and watch the news with Reuben."

Theeerre we go, now we're getting somewhere. "Yes, lets."

This brought up another situation in my new body, however. The challenge of stairs. I thought the same method as before would work, but... not quite. After a few steps, I lost my balance and fell forward, sliding and tumbling down the stairs, into the wall where the staircase bended in a U-turn fashion.

My mom definitely heard of this. "Are you ok?" she asked in her normal, slightly loud voice.

I tried to get up, but I found my head was stuck to something. Actually, it was more like my horn was stuck, but... oh. Oh dear. I put a hole in the wall. Sure enough, moving backwards allowed my head to move again, and I saw the result: A circlular shape in the wall of sheetrock. "Oops."

"What was that?" she enquired.

"Nothing!" I lied. "Nothing at all! Just having some trouble coming down the stairs!" I quickly crawled down the remaining flight, sliding to the hardwood floor. "See? Here I am," I said to my mom, who was staring at my prone form on the floor. I quickly picked myself up, and we headed to the couch. The couch itself was one of those large L-shaped ones that faced the widescreen TV in the living room, positioned in a way so that the back faced the stairs and thusly, me. I walked around the couch, and that's when I saw what mom was talking about.

Upon the couch, there was a purple-greyish unicorn filly with a blonde mane and tail. How I knew it was a girl, I had no clue. Upon closer inspection on the sleeping filly, I realized it had no cutie mark whatsoever. Is this... "Reuben?" I looked to my mom. She nodded.

I remember something on my rule list, rule number 4 to be exact: 'If it happened twice, it is bound to happen thrice, which no longer makes it a coincidence'. "Hey, mom," I asked, "Could you turn on the news?"

"Alright," she replied. She got the TV remote, and turned on the TV, changing it to the news channel, more specifically MSNBC. What was on there confirmed my suspicions. A group of people were discussing a phenomenon across the country, where some people were turning into ponies. I narrowed my eyes. Knew it.

"What..." Mom began to say, having trouble finding the right words. "How is this happening?"
To which I replied, "Magic? Honestly, I don't know. But it's happening nonetheless."

I moved next to the sleeping form of my brother. "Reuuuben. Reuuuuuuuuuben. Wake up. Wake up."

He... she? Screw it, I'm calling it a he, moaned in response. So I poked his horn.

"Aaaah!" Reuben screamed, and woke up in response to my poke. Then he looked at me, and yelled again.
Oh come on!
I took his head between my hooves, and turned it to the TV. He stopped screaming, and stared at it with disbelief. "We're not alone," I told him. "By the way, I'm your brother."

He stared at me like I said something not right. "What?" he asked.

"Also, you seem to be a girl," I said again. I figured I might as well tell him all at once and get it over with.

"What?" He looked at his underside. His face dawned with realization. "That wasn't a dream...," he said quietly. He looked to me, and said, "You too?"

"Yeah, I just woke up like this," I said to him. I noticed mom was at her computer, probably looking up this situation. A few seconds later, mom shouted, "Come look at this!" in an alarmed tone. I turned to my brother. "Can you walk?"

"I-I don't think so...," he replied. I turned my back towards him. "Then climb on." He crawled onto my back, and I went to where mom was. Once we got to her desk, she moved aside for us to see. Or would see, if the desk wasn't that high. Still, I was able to climb the desk and raise myself, while Reuben climbed on my head. I saw an article on Yahoo detailing the nationwide changes within the population. It talked about how people were becoming ponies from the TV show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I watched the show myself, but I didn't see all of season 3. Anyways, it all started when Lauren Faust and Tara Strong, two people who highly had a role in the show, became Celestia and Luna respectively. There was a video in the article, with the two giving a speech, and asking for the mane 6 to come to New York, probably to fix this situation. "Wow," was all I could say about this. I mean, this was big. Like, really big. Like, being able to do a Kamehameha big. Maybe even bigger.

"This is happening." Reuben was dumbfounded by the video and speech. "This is really happening."

Mom was silent, trying to wrap her head around the implied scenario that was happening to me and my brother.

"Yes," I whispered. "Yes it is."

Author's Note:

Graaaaaaaaaahhhh I've put this off for way too long! I'm sorry for the time it took. Now that college started for me, I wouldn't expect any updates to be made faster. I'm planning big things for this. I have plans, lots of plans, and such. I may or may not need an editor or proof-reader; I may post a blog upon this subject. So for now, please comment and critique this story and chapter of mine. Also, if you have an idea, don't be shy and comment on that! I may or may not use the idea in following chapters, or at least have the mind of mine make it grow into something new. Thank you for your support.