• Published 19th Jul 2013
  • 2,960 Views, 31 Comments

Judgement - rikkuidol

  • ...
4
 31
 2,960

Son of Sparda

Chapter 5:

Son of Sparda






“Princess Twilight, I believe I have questions for you” said Nero as he approached Twilight and his friends at their table.

“Please Nero, Just call me Twilight, I haven’t sunk in the title of Princess just yet” she said as she gestured Nero to sit next to her. “Now, let’s start off with your questions, this world may seem much more alien to you.” She added.


As Nero sat next to Twilight and her friends, he removed his party hat and disposed of the empty cup of punch. “Indeed, but not by a large margin, for you see, Unicorns and Pegasi aren’t that common where I came from”


“Really? Then that must mean you’ve already seen and interacted our kind before?” asked Twilight while looking at her friends then back to Nero with a quizzical look on her face.


Nero crossed his arms and closed his eyes as he spoke: “I have, but, the ones I have encountered are not ponies of the sort, but full grown Horses, and the ones able to speak are either Old enough to be considered an Ancient or as powerful.” He then turned his attention to Twilight.


“Now, Twilight, What is this World called?” asked Nero with his neutral expression.


“Well, this is the Land of Equestria and as you may already know, this is the Town of Ponyville.” answered Twilight with a cheery tone.


“I see, and is this world connected to others?” asked Nero without changing his expression.



“Umm, Excuse me? as in ‘other’ other Worlds?”


“Yes, like Heaven or Hell, Where the Damned or the Blessed resides”


“I-i-is H-he talking about a place like-like, Tartarus?” whispered a shy yellow pony. Even though barely heard by others, Nero caught every word she said.


“Tartarus? It’s here?” said Nero as he turned his attention to the shy pony giving her a neutral look but with slight curiosity. “Is that what you said?”


The shy pony didn’t answer as she cowered in fear; Twilight saw this and interjected, gaining Nero’s attention.


“Please pardon my friend Fluttershy, Nero, as the name suggests she’s kinda shy around the new people“. Said Twilight with a sheepish grin, she then realized that she haven’t introduced her friends to their new guest yet. “Before we continue Nero, I forgot to introduce my friends to you”


Nero only nodded in response. And as Twilight showcased and introduced her friends, she also mentioned that they are the bearers of the Elements of Harmony. Rarity; a snow white pony Unicorn who’s a fashionista, is the bearer of the Element of Generosity. Applejack; an orange Earth Pony who’s one of the ponies running the ‘Sweet Apple Acres’ together with her family is the bearer of the Element of Honesty. Pinkie Pie; the pink Earth pony who made this party, is said to be random most of the time and is the bearer of the Element of Laughter. Rainbow Dash; a cyan Pegasus and her signature rainbow colored mane, is said to be the fastest flier in Ponyville and even boasts to be faster in all of the land, and is the bearer of the Element of Loyalty. Fluttershy; the yellow shy Pegasus who loves to take care of animals and can tame most if not, all of the animals, is the bearer of the Element of Kindness. And Finally, Twilight Introduced herself as the final Element of Harmony, the Element of Magic, the 6th Element that will only appear when all six are gathered.



During the introduction, Nero noted every one of the Bearers connection to each Element and how it could be possible to have ever conflict in what seems to be a peaceful land, He knows well to not judge a book by its cover.
“So let me get this right, you ponies, use this ‘Elements of Harmony’ when the Land of Equestria is in danger, Am I correct?” asked Nero as he turned his attention to the 6th Element.


“Yes, though Equestria is protected by the two Princesses---“before Twilight could finish her explanation, Nero interjected with a question of his own.


“Are you not one of the Princesses who protect this land?” asked Nero with a quizzical tone.


Twilight was slightly taken aback with Nero’s sudden question but answered it nonetheless. “Yes and No, actually It was my Teacher; Princess Celestia, who controls the Sun and is one of the Ruler of Equestria. Her Sister; Princess Luna, who controls the Moon and is the co-ruler of Equestria. The two Princesses was once the bearer of the Elements of Harmony.”



Twilight then explained how the two princesses had a quarrel long ago, a thousand years to be exact; where Luna was jealous of her sister because of the fact that their subjects, who most of the day were active then slept through her night. Transforming her Jealousy onto a form of Dark Energy also known as ‘Nightmare Moon’ and was banished by her sister to the moon for a thousand years, then returned only to be saved by the six new Element Bearers. She also explained that they helped incase in stone the Element of Chaos itself, and after a while freed it just to teach it how to use its powers for good, and how Fluttershy was the one responsible in its reform. And lastly; How she became a newly appointed Princess after saving a lost Empire from a tyrannical ruler.



“I see, so all of those hardships were a test for your rise to be a princess? Am I correct?” asked Nero as he soaked up all of the information he was given. So there are two other Princesses who possessed such great powers as to move a Moon or the Sun.


He then closed his eyes and thought about his Death by the hands of his brother and his release from the hold of his captor and his Reincarnation in this strange land, ‘Am I in Purgatory? Am I to redeem myself?’ Many questions swam in his mind. ‘What am I supposed to do in this land? Do I seek to return to my own when I already died there?’ As Nero tried to process information in his mind, Twilight spoke.



“Are you alright Nero? Do you still want to know about Tartarus?”



It then came to him, ‘Tartarus’ why is it here? To my knowledge it is the same as the Temen-ni-Gru that father has used. As I remember Tartarus’ Last floor is connected to the Underworld. I must know the reason as to why I came here’ as he thought to himself, he answered Twilight.



“Take me to Tartarus” he said bluntly.




--------------------------------------



Tartarus “Entrance”




“Okay Spike, Send the Letter to the Princess” ordered Twilight to Spike as the baby dragon spew forth green flame and incinerated the scroll. She then turned around to see Nero Standing in front of the Gates of Tartarus transfixed at the Tower. “Nero? Are you alright?” asked Twilight with a worried look on her face.

Standing in front of the gates, Nero gazed upon the tower. And as he felt a sudden nostalgia as he looked at the gates; The Gates has some sort of encryption written from top to bottom, and as Nero placed his palm on the door, he spoke out loud:




The Tower of Tartarus

Only a Heart with its Intention Set

Can Enter through this Gates

Divine or Evil

This Gate Will not Judge

For the one who will Judge

Is the Tower itself

Prepare thy Body

Prepare thy Soul

For What Lies ahead

Is thy own Fate, you chose





And as the Gates of Tartarus opened, a belching noise was heard. And as Nero was about to go inside, Twilight shouted at Nero.


“Wait!” She shouted as she galloped to Nero’s side with a levitating scroll by her side. “I just got a letter from Princess Celestia that, we should meet her first before going inside”



“Why?” was the only word Nero said as he stood still in front of the opened Gates with his neutral look but with his tone slightly irritated.



“The Princess told me that traversing the unknown is uncalled for, and that she wished to hear your part directly as to why you want to traverse it” said Twilight as if pleading to stop Nero from going any further. “I know you want to know why you were sent here. But please, hear me out? The Princess might have some answers as to why you are here; she’s as old as Tartarus itself.”



‘Just as old’ with what Twilight has said, Nero suddenly thought ‘What If she knows father’. “Very well, I need to talk to her and ask her some questions myself.” Said Nero as he turned his back from the door and faced a smiling Twilight Sparkle. “Besides, I need to get some stuff.”



“Stuff?” asked Twilight with a raised Eyebrow. “What stuff? And from where?” she added


“From what seems to be a Gorge, Just North from the Entrance of Ponyville”


“Oh! You mean Ghastly Gorge” said Twilight, she then added “What’s your stuff doing there anyways?”


“I fell from the Skies” Nero answered. As they were about to leave the Gates of Tartarus, They heard a load scream.





*Load Feral Scream*





“Oh no…”


“What was that Twilight?!” screamed Spike, as he hugged the foreleg of the Purple Unicorn.


*Gulp* “I think it was….”


As Twilight and Spike looked behind, they saw a towering three headed Dog and screamed in Unison.




“CERBERUS!”



As Twilight and Spike ran, they passed a standing Nero with his neutral expression, not even looking back at the beast. When Twilight realized that Nero wasn’t following them, he screamed at him.



RUN!



Nero wasn’t fazed by the towering three headed dog behind him, he frowned in disappointment and said:




You dare challenge the son of Sparda?