• Published 19th Jul 2013
  • 2,960 Views, 31 Comments

Judgement - rikkuidol

  • ...
4
 31
 2,960

Questions

Chapter 7:

Cerberus


“mmmmm, ugh, Spike? Nero?” said Twilight lazily as she opens her eyes while laying down on her own bed in her Tree House. “What happened? Where----“before Twilight could finish her questioning, the sudden rush of memories of what had occurred hit her like a brick wall; Cerberus, talking to Nero like he knew him, Cerberus’ death, and a mysterious voice. Twilight threw up on the spot.


As the sound of Hoofsteps approaching was heard, the sound of Applejack’s voice ringed in Twilight’s Ear. “Twilight? Are you alright over there Sugarcube?”


And as the others arrived, Twilight couldn’t help but run to her friends and give them a hug, with her eyes red from crying. “Oh girls…. *sob* *sob* I-I-I---“cried Twilight as she hugged her friends and buried her face in Rarity’s chest.


“Shhh, It’s ok darling, we’re here, It’s going to be alright” cooed Rarity, as she hugged Twilight even more.


“Where’s Spike!” said Twilight suddenly as she broke the hug, searching the room for her number one assistant, thinking about the mental trauma that was inflicted onto the baby dragon. Her eyes searched the room and found the baby dragon, sleeping in his little basket. Twilight gave a relieving sigh before she thought of something again, and spoke. “Where’s Nero?!”


“He’s downstairs Twi” said Rainbow Dash, Hovering next to her Friend. “If you’re gonna ask if he’s ok, well, he’s just sitting on the sofa and not talking, except saying that you guys are fine. She added with a shrug.


“Yup yup! When Angie arrived here carrying you and spikeywikey, he had that same expression on his face! All grumpy and emotionless, that grumpy grumpypants!” said Pinkie Pie Enthusiastically, as she bounced next to Twilight. “Good thing I was on my way to Derpy’s House when I saw him. He then asked me where you and Spikey Lives, and he only said: ‘Guide me’ “said Pinkie as she tried to copy the voice of Nero.


“He then came to each of our houses carrying Pinkie and told us to come here” said Fluttershy in a soft voice.


“Yeah! He was like teleporting or something! He would suddenly appear, then once he said his piece, he was gone in a blue blur!” added Rainbow Dash as she flailed her arms in the air.


And as she said that, Nero appeared right next to Rainbow Dash surprising the cyan Pegasus. “Whoa, Hey! Don’t scare me like that Nero!” shouted Rainbow Dash as she backed a few inches from Nero.


Nero only looked at Rainbow Dash for a second before turning his attention to Twilight. “Are you ok now Twilight?” He asked.


Twilight only nodded then trotted to her bed and sat on the edge then gave a weak smile to a sleeping baby dragon. “Was all that real?” said Twilight in a soft voice.


“Apparently so” Answered Nero. “If this is the First time you have encountered that kind of Death, then this world is as peaceful as it looks.”


“Whoa whoa whoa there partner, that kind of death? What are you talkin’ about?” Asked Applejack as she approached Nero and looked him straight in the eye.


“I will not go any further for your own health. Or do you wish to experience what Twilight and Spike had to suffer?” he answered returning the look on Applejack, with his natural expression. “Let’s just say, it was VERY unpleasant”


Applejack and her friends winced at the notion and looked at Twilight, seeing their friend frown some more. “Alright, thank you kindly for considerin’ our feelings” said Applejack as she and the rest of her friends huddled up to Twilight to give her a warm hug again, to which Twilight Happily Received.





*A few minutes later*






After comforting Twilight and enjoying each other’s company, Twilight reassured them that she is alright, and let her friends leave to tend for their own activities for the rest of the afternoon. Now that her friends are gone, Twilight asked Nero:


“What will happen to Tartarus, now that Cerberus is gone?” asked Twilight as she trotted to her sofa and sat there.


“They will not be coming out anytime soon, or rather, if they will be let out” answered Nero as he walked across the Living room / Library in search for a book.


“What do you mean? There’s no more Guardian. And what did you mean ‘If they will be let out?’ “Asked Twilight as she levitated a book from a nearby shelf. “It says here, that the only Guardian of Tartarus is Cerberus, keeping any monsters at bay, and now that it’s dead, how will Ponyville, no, Equestria be safe?”


“Technically, he is not ‘Dead’ yet” Answered Nero as he picked up an interesting book from a bookshelf and started to read it.


“What do you mean? What did you see when we were unconscious?” asked Twilight as she stood from her sofa and trotted next to Nero. “I saw it with my own eyes!” added Twilight as she irked at reminiscing the awful memory that would stay with her, her whole life.


“He gave me his soul” answered Nero without turning his attention to Twilight and continued to read the book.


“What?!” snapped Twilight.


*Sigh*


Nero then stretched out one arm and a bright white light covered his hands, and in an instant a weapon of some sort appeared; it was dark colored with a hint of dark red, it had 3 metal cylinders with a head of a dog with its mouth opened at the end of each cylinder.


“What in Celestia’s Name is that?” asked a slack-jawed Twilight as she examines the thing in Nero’s hand.


“I would use it, but, I despise guns.” Answered Nero, as he tossed it without care, Twilight then caught it in mid-air with her levitating magic.


“Hey! You might break it?!” snapped Twilight. “So this is Cerberus’ Soul, Materialized?” asked Twilight as she examines the weapon.


“If you want it, then you are free to use it. It’s yours” said Nero as he continues to read the book at hand. “But do not pull the trigger indoors”


“The what now?” asked Twilight as the top of the Cylinder was directed upwards and the trigger was pulled by Twilight’s magic, Curious to see what it’s for.



*Large Roaring Sound*



As a burning hole in Twilight’s Tree House was made, leaving a slack-jawed Twilight again.


*Sigh*


"I told you…"