• Published 19th Jul 2013
  • 1,656 Views, 40 Comments

Thunder With A Splash of Color - Viola Strings



This story is a small love story between Rainbow Dash and Thunderlane. Rainbow Dash is done with relation ships after an incident in Canterlot. Thunderlane really cares about Rainbow Dash and hopes to change her mind.

  • ...
8
 40
 1,656

Breaking the Sound Barrier, and Failing

It was about 7:30 A.M. Rainbow Dash barley woke up. She loked at her alrm clock in shock. "Aw, what! Only 7:30! Might as well get up." Rainbow Dash showered and headed for the skies. She remembered what had happened last night and went back to the same location. On her way over, she noticed the place was pretty much deserted. She saw a light and smoke from the ground. She quickly went down before the pony got up.
"Hello?" Rainbow Dash was waving the smoke out of the way.
"Ow, my head."
"Hello?" Once Rainbow Dash saw who it was, she had the biggest smile on her face. It was one of her fillyhood friends. "Thunderlane?"
"Rainbow Dash?" Thunderlane squinted to make sure he had the right pony. After he could clearly see who it was he stood up. "Rainbow Dash!"
"Hey!" Rainbow Dash was really excited so she hugged him. "What are you doing?"

Thunderlane was recovering from his crash landing. "I'm trying to break the sound barrier." He was trying to sound like he had it under control, but Rainbow Dash obviously knew that he was having trouble. Thunderlane wanted to break the sound barrier to see what it would look like. He was having trouble, because he wasn't focused. He also wanted to do it so he could show his little brother, Rumble. Rumble said that he wanted to see a pony break the sound barrier, and Thunderlane wanted to be the one to do it.
"Having trouble?"
"No, I got it."
"Alright then, show me."
"W-what?"
"You said that you got, so show me."

Thunderlane had a worried look on his face when Rainbow Dash said this. He's had a crush on Rainbow Dash since summer flight camp. Rainbow Dash was the pony at the camp who actually talked to Thunderlane. Of course, she made fun of him occasionally, because she had a reputation to keep, supposubly. "Alright, fine." Thunderlane went into position and took off. Rainbow Dash had a smile on her face, because she knew he was going to have trouble. A white cone formed around Thunderlane, he kept thinking about everything instead focusing on the barrier. At that point, he was flung backwards. He was now looking up at Rainbow Dash. "I need help."