• Published 19th Jul 2013
  • 1,640 Views, 52 Comments

Stargate - SG-FUN: Another World - Word Wizard



When Stargate command recieves a distress letter going straight through the iris....Earth fears that whatever has the power of bypassing the iris might attack, SG-1 is sent to investigate, what they find, however, is far different than they expected.

  • ...
6
 52
 1,640

Chapter 3: A warm welcome

"Fluttershy, get your soldiers together!" Twilight called from the town square. She was surrounded by papers, plans, and suchlike....a genuine outdoor war-room.

"Uh, yes Twilight, tho that is more Angel's department...." Fluttershy cringed. She didn't like all this war business, but everypony else seemed to think it was necessary, so she went along with it.

"I don't care whose department it is, Rainbow said we have some bi-pedals coming in at 3:00, fast. Their armed, we have to be ready to fight them!" Twilight feverishly wrote and handed out pieces of paper with orders on them to the Ponyville townsfolk, each with a pitchfork or some other form of weaponry held in their mouths.

"Alright, come Angle," Fluttershy walked off to toward her home, a little white bunny dressed in full combat regalia following in her wake.

"RUN!" Twilight shouted after her. Fluttershy broke into a gallop. Running along at a very fast pace, thanks to a little bunny proding her with a 2" long AK-47, she heard a strange, very strange noise.

EeEeereump, CACHUNK...EeerEEummp, CACHUNK....FAWOOSH!

Running into the Everfree forest to investigate, Fluttershy found a glistening blue portal, like the ones the evil bi-pedals had come out of three years ago, except this one was different. It was rusty, surrounded by bracken and vines, and had a perfectly round hole cut in the underbrush in front of it.

Fluttershy watched in aw for a few moments until four figures flew out of the portal, one wearing sunglasses, all holding weapons.

Ratatatata!

Angel's miniature weapon went off. The little rabbit was braced on the ground, prepared to deal with anything, a serious expression on her little bunny face.

"Angel! That's not nice!" Fluttershy stared at her friend. Angel wilted under the glare.

"Hey!" The bi-pedal wearing sunglasses walked up to Fluttershy, "We're SG-1, nice to meet-"

Fluttershy whimpered and ran off.

"Well, that wasn't much of a welcome," O'neil took off his sunglasses and looked after the running pony.

-----

"Sir! I'm picking up some odd particles in the air," Carter calls out to O'neil while staring at a device in her hand.

"Dangerous?" The colonial asks, donning his sunglasses again.

"I don't know, they seem to be some kind of high-pitched energy field," Sam checks her monitors again, "Nope, we haven't encountered this kind of stuff before."

The team kept walking, through Everfree forest, soon emerging in a meadow.

"WOW!" Daniel cries, looking out over the green pasture, "Look, that's Fluttershy's cottage!"

"Daniel..." Jack pats his friend on the back, "I know this is exciting, but could you at LEAST try to stay calm."

"Indeed," Teal'c said. Everyone turned to look at him, the wildly out of context 'Indeed' sinking in.

"You ever notice how much you say 'indeed'?" Jack says, walking out into the pasture,

"Hmm, I do?" Teal'c said, a look of slight confusion contorting it's way onto his stoic face, "Indeed I have not noticed."

"See, there you go again!"

"Indeed."

"GAAAA!!!"

"Jack!" Daniel called to the colonial, "Lets head over to Ponyville! It's that town over there."

"Disney Channel here we go again," Jack mutters under his breath while following Daniel.

-----

"Twilight, we have more enemies coming out of Everfree!" Rainbow called down to her friend.

"Gotcha," Twilight makes a nick on her battle plan, "How many?"

"Four, not that heavily armed," Rainbow calls down, looking over the meadow at the four approuching figures.

"Magic resistant armor?" Twilight asks, furiously writing things down on a piece of paper.

"Negative," Rainbow flies down, "I can take them!"

"No, you're needed as field commander in the west, Fluttershy has her animals there and I've asked the townsfolk to set up barricades, you have about 200 soldiers, good luck" Twilight says, handing Rainbow a hat that says 'Field Commander' on it.

"Hey cool! Oh, gotcha!" Rainbow shot off.

"Now to deal with these four.." Twilight muttered, galloping off towards where Rainbow said the bi-pedals were coming from.

-----

"Ok guys, this is it, Ponyville!" Jack called walking into the little town. The streets are dusty, and no one is around. "Hello?" He calls. No reply comes.

"Hmm, It would appear that the local lifeforms are not here," Teal'c stated the obvious, raising his eyebrows.

"Sir, the energy field, it's moving," Sam called while looking at an instrument in her hand, "And it's coming toward us."

"Ok, what should we do about it?" Jack asks, cautiously looking around.

"I'm not sure if it's aiming for us..." Daniel thought out loud.

"Right, Carter! What's it doing now?" Jack asked, turning to the captain.

"Still headed towards us, it's contorting itself into a shape...." Sam says, a look of concern on her face.

"Ok, does it look dangerous?" Jack asked the captain.

"Uh, I don't think so..."

"Woah! Look at that!" Daniel cries, pointing to a shimmer that now surrounded Teal'c.

"Teal'c, are you alright?" Jack asks the Jafa who is now standing in place, apparently frozen. The glow subsides and Teal'c falls to the ground unconscious, his staff weapon clattering down next to him.

"Teal'c!" Sam calls, running toward him, but seconds later, she too slumps to the ground unconscious.

"Brilliant, the usual welcoming," Jack muttered as he fell to the ground with the rest of them.

-----

Twilight powered down her horn. A simple sedation spell had done them in, good. Satisfied with herself, she ran down the back of the house on which she had been standing to perform the spell. Now, to get these to the Princess....

Powering up her horn, Twilight performed one of her most amazing feats of magic yet: Teleporting herself and four humans to Canterlot. Straining, twisting, conforming the magic to her will, Twilight gives a push and all five being disappear.

Arriving right in the throne room, in front of Princess Celestia herself, Twilight bows before her ruler.

"Twilight! What are you doing here, and what are those?" Celestia asks, her eyebrows raised.

"Princess, these are captured bi-pedals, I believe we may be able to learn something from them to assist in the war," Twilight explains, prodding the limp form of O'neil with her hoof, "Anyway, we better lock them up...the sedation spell will wear off in a few hours."

"Guards, take these four to the dungeons!" Celestia calls, eight guards dash into the room, and, nimbly picking up the limp bodies, one guard on each end, hall them out of the room.

"Twilight; I just don't know what to say about this war you've been fighting...." Celestia trailed off, conflicted internally.

"Don't worry, it's for the best, Princess,"

Author's Note:

It's typical for SG-1 to be sedated by foreign races, and it seemed like a convinient way to get them to Canterlot so I threw this in hear.