• Published 20th Jul 2013
  • 3,022 Views, 66 Comments

Blood Moon - Electric thunder



Two sibling werewolves are brought into equestria and must learn what it means to be the hunters they have become in this new, yet strange world

  • ...
9
 66
 3,022

When The Wolf Hunts

ALICE

Alice was slow to stir as she lay on the ground, her body was aching with pain and her skin was cold from the damp floor under her gown. There was a stiffness that was taking hold over her arms and legs like the morning after a long day laboring at the farm, She used her arms to lever herself to a upright position before standing to her full height. Alice’s feet were acing from the cold dirt and tinged from the twigs that littered the earth under her heels.

Alice turned her head, panning left and right looking at the short limping trees around her, with bark dark purple and leaves a sickly green, the mist that was lingering around her clung to the base of the trees like ghostly hands. The young girl looked up to the sky at the pale moon that was knifing through the thick canopy above as if its light were sharp draggers piercing the leaves and branches.

This was not the woods she grew up next to and spent most of her younger child hood playing in with her brother. Fear started to fill her gut like hot stew, she looked down at her hands trying to remember what could have possible put her here, so far from home. Alice closed her eyes in concentration but whenever she was close to remembering something, the memory just bounced off her mind and deeper into her subconscious.

Alice looked over herself at the tears in the gown and the splats of blood that littered the white fabric, causing a slight panic in her head, wondering even more what could have happened but again she failed to remember a thing. Alice looked away from her person and returned to studying the world around her trying to figure out what to do and calling for help was the first to come to mind.

“Mother…Father….Joel?!” Alice called out into the darkness, knowing it was almost useless but her fear told her otherwise.

“Hello?” Alice yelled again into the forest that started to creep up on her like a wolf would to its prey and the fear started to grow even larger into hole in her stomach.

“Alice, is that you?” A voice pierced the air, cutting through the mist and dispelling the forest, and her relief was greater than a dam collapsing over her frail body.

“Yes! Oh thank the lord! Yes…Hello?” Alice was snapping her head swiveling her body from left to right trying to find the origins of the voice.

“Alice…where are you,?” The voice was so familiar to her ears, but could not put her finger on it.

“I-I’m over here!” Alice responded.

“If you can hear me enough, try to follow my voice!” It asked.

“Alright, I will try, just keep talking!” With that said, the young girl started to head in the direction in which she thought the voice was emanating from.

It was as close as to trying to weed yourself through a corn field, blind folded while having someone next to you feed you directions on how to return to the house, like her brother did to her. The voice would call out periodically and most of the time causing her to stop and change direction, but she knew she was getting closer for ever time the voice called, it was slightly louder than the last call.

Alice was pace was slow, as she tried to navigate through the trees, branches, roots, and vines as comfortable as her bare feet would allow.

“Are you getting close?” The voice sounded as if it was only feet away…

“Y-Yes I think I am can you see me?” Alice could feel her heart all the way down to her toes with ever thud.

“Yes I think I can see you! Can you see my light?” Alice stopped at franticly started searching for a glow or a sparkle or something that illuminated the darkness and sure enough, Alice could see the soft gleam of a lantern.

“Yes, Yes I can see it!” Alice was practically screaming with joy when she spotted the light.

Even in her bare feet Alice started a carful run, wanting reach the beacon of hope as soon as possible and to her nothing was fast enough. Closer and closer she became, and larger did her hope and excitement, but it all came crashing down.

“GAH!” Alice yelped as she stopped, slipped, and fell flat on her back thrusting the air from her lungs.

Out from seeming no were, a large hulking figure appeared in front of her blocking the light from her view all she could see before falling were a pair of blood red eyes. Alice was gasping, coughing, and rolling in the dirt as she tried to recover but could not soon enough, for she felt two large palms pick her up from around the arms and raise her almost four feet above the ground. Still struggling to breath under the near crushing grip of what ever had her in its clutches, Alice started thrashing about as much as her already exhausted body could. Like a fish out of water she squirmed and tried to free her arms, trying desperately to escape.

Alice finally stopped struggling when her body could do no more, she started to choke from the lack of air in her lungs, she started to take very shallow and painful intakes of air, before she opened her eyes that she had clamped shut. As if God had acted, her captor released her as she crumbled to the floor. Landing on her side she took a life saving inhale, as her lungs filled with the oxygen they so desperately craved.

Alice rolled onto all fours coughing and panting like a dog as she started to recover, but something was so very wrong that made her turn her head to look behind her. Starting from the ground up, Alice could see two very large paws with four toes and long curved claws that seeped into the ground, the fifth was above the others.

She slowly looked up to its oddly shaped legs that had the resemblance to a wolfs hind legs but it had the chest of a man, and arms as thick as her head with hands twice as big with claws that were almost three inches long, its head, was that of a wolf but the eyes…those eyes, were like blades that pierced her chest and killed her soul.

As if being slapped by a pan she remembered everything, all they back to her bother leaving her with Father, to the same creature standing in the same position over her after just murdering her mother right before her own eyes.

“Oh god no…not you!” She stammered, Alice started to crawl backwards away from the demon reached for her and took hold of her ankles and luckily her gown as well.

“You…fear…and…I…excite…but…you…live…” Its voice was heavy and sent vile shakes down her spine.

The beast reached down and grabbed her under her left arm, the claws digging into the right sides of her breast. Alice gasped in pain as it lifted her higher off the ground. The terrified girl was breathing harder than a fatigued horse and her heart beat was harder than that of a raging bull.

“Master…gives…gift…through…it…” It managed to say before pulling her head to the side and bit into the flesh between her neck and shoulder.

Alice felt the pain, the sheering hot daggers of teeth sunk even deeper into her flesh, she wanted to scream as loud as humanly possible but her mind was in no shape to carry out her pleads to yell. The girl felt the fresh warm blood, slowly seep down her back, arm, and chest. Deeper and deeper they fangs went into her flesh, by this point the pain was dull and bleak, but the feeling of the teeth inside her was strange and unnerving but deeper and deeper then went until she felt the two largest fangs touch each other before being ripped out from her shoulder.

Alice did not scream, yell, or shriek but was silent and motionless, there was no point in doing anything, she was not in pain, nor was she afraid, the only thing that crossed her mind was death. Alice did not fell anything when it released her, nor did she feel the fall to the forest floor, nor her limp body collapsing onto the ground, only silence. Alice watched her own freshly spilt blood slowly be sucked into the soil before her while laying there cold, silent, and dying.

Alice now could only watch as her vision slowly started to die away and the light be consumed by the creeping shadows that took over and filled her eyes.

Darkness…coldness....silence....death


--<=>--



JOEL

Heart thumbing, claws scraping, and nose fixed on the scent of the flying horse creature he so desperately wanted to hunt. Joel loved the feeling of the wind rushing into his face and feeling of his body curling up and spring out propelling his body farther nod faster. The smells he past where thick and thin, far and near, foal and pleasant, all of them he could feel entering his nostrils it was a beautiful sensation to him. His mouth agape taking in massive draws of breath to keep his lungs satisfied and his heart functional and with every pant her gave a grunting snarl. He was in the hunt and was determined to finish.

Joel kept his head low but just high enough to where he could keep the scent of the prey and the more chased the closer it became and this exited him to push himself harder to catch his prey, he could almost taste the flesh in his mouth. In his blaze of glory, he had completely skipped over the growing aroma of a small group of something that was farther along the trail. The werewolf came to slow stop before drawing his head back to test the air. There was the smell of the yellow horse he was hunting and the other random smells that drifted into his nostrils, with another whiff he picked up the aroma of apples, and then a sweeter softer one along with the scent of work, dirt, and sweat along with other smaller odors and such, but they all had the same basic smell of horse and that is what brought more deadly determination to his bones.

Joel prowled off the trail into the hedges to his right and brought himself to a lowered hunched position and stalked the road with hungry eyes as he walked further onward with the thrill of the hunt pulsing through his veins. Joel need not to travel far before he could hear a handful of voices coming from farther down the trail, he was too far to fully understand what they were saying but he was able to count out four separate targets. Joel treaded softly edging himself to push forward, his nose twitching and jaws slightly levered open salivating. The predatory instincts inside of him were flaring like a wild fire when the wolf saw the outlines of his prey.

Joel continued onward with his steps making only a sound that he could hear as he crawled closer and closer to his prey. He traveled in the darkness of the hedges and the night time shadows making him practically invisible to the naked eye.

Like a ghost, Joel remained undetected by the group up the road, but he could see their colors and hear their voices, his chest started to thump and his ears were flicking. From what his eyes could see and what his noise was telling him there were four of them still three short stubby ones and the winged one he had been chasing. The smaller ones were fresh and new, foals from what he guessed.

The first of the foals was the one that reeked of apples; it was an average plain little thing with a small bow tired in its red mane along with its lighter yellow coat. Next to it was the sweeter scented one with a white coat and purple and pink mane and a short pointed bone like object sticking from atop of his head. The last one was a flying one as well with a darker hue of purple with a dull orange coat. Three fouls, three easy morsels all for the taking.

Joel came to a stop behind the winged yellow horse and was unseen by the four foals in front of it, his gaze watching over them like a hawk.

“ You must go back to town, it’s far too dangerous with the monster running around here!” The winged one spoke with a shattered voice.

“Miss Fluttershy you know its Nightmare Night, right?” The orange foal spoke up.

“Yea, there are loads of ponies runnin around tryin to scare someponie tonight, or maybe it’s one of Luna’s tricks” the yellow foal added.

Joel stepped back a few, and hunched up ready to lung out of his hiding spot, wanting to hunt.

“No you don’t understand, there really is something out here that IS a real monster!” The fluttery one said while rubber necking left to right.

“What if there is really something out here, and what Fluttershy saw was a monster?” The white one took its turn to speak looking to its companions.

“Nah, I’m sticking with Applebloom on this one, I mean come on a diamond dog all this way?”

“I never said it was a diamond dog, it just looked like one” The oldest spoke up acting like she was being ridiculed by her parents.

“Whatever…I’m sorry Fluttershy…but…I…” The words rolled of its tong and died.

Joel had heard enough of their bickering; the werewolf crept up from his cover and exposed himself while standing tall on his legs, towering above them, snarling and growling.

The foals bunched themselves together; quivering like a naked man would in a snow storm, while the Flutter horse refused to even look behind herself. The young trio needed only a split second before they screamed and tried to run away, but with a simple side step, Joel blocked their path with his whole body. With another yelp, they started running the opposite direction only to be blocked by the great hunter. In a last ditch effort, they scurried over and took shelter behind the older flutter horse, using its wings as barriers.

Joel placed himself back onto all fours and made a semi-circle, prowling back and forth edging himself closer and closer to his prey whom watched with shattered eyes, he could almost smell the loss of hope.

“You better stop right there mister!” The flutter horse took a step forward with a new wave of determination that only simply stood in front of its fear.

Joel stopped and looked at the creature for a moment before turning his whole body to face it, and marched forward with a fierce look in his eye.

“I said…STOP!” It snapped at him with a scowl, looking right into his eyes.

Joel again stopped, but this time snapped his jaws at the creature who ducked under him with a loud scream of terror. He tried again to grab the flutter horse with his jaws but it again dogged his attack, again and again he tried but to no avail. With yelp, it dashed from underneath him and looked back as he turned to see where it ended up, their eyes locked for a fraction of a second, before Joel looked to the foals.

The great hunter lunged at them, as the trio split in all directions running as fast as their stubby legs could carry them, but not fast enough. Joel grabbed the orange and purple foal by the tail and pulled it up off the ground.

“PUT ME DOWN! PUT ME DOWN! PUT ME DOWN!” It screamed, kicked, and flapped its wings like a panicked bird.

“Scootalo!” Two panicked voices called.

Author's Note:

I'm sorry you guys for such a short chapter but with school and a newborn (step-brother) its hard to find motivation because all my energy is being sucked into the two but bare with me...please :(

P.S if you have not seen it i have added a blog so you can ask me questions about the story and me, think of it as a motivator for me

P.S.S Give a big thanks to my good old friend who is helping me edit this stuff