• Published 20th Jul 2013
  • 3,022 Views, 66 Comments

Blood Moon - Electric thunder



Two sibling werewolves are brought into equestria and must learn what it means to be the hunters they have become in this new, yet strange world

  • ...
9
 66
 3,022

The Cage Wolf Sings

JOEL



It was cold, and warm at the same time, his body felt lighter than air but his mind felt over encumbered with his thoughts as well. Joel could feel his body like he was laying over the surface of a lake; all of his limbs were being held in place without his effort or thought to do so. The young man’s eyes were shut lightly and the small amount of light that pierced their lids added to his conclusion. He had a very unpleasing feeling inside, but his mind was at ease and kept him calm, whatever was happening, it was unnerving to say the least.

Joel remained like this for some time before he felt the rush to open his eyes and he did so, and when he did, he was met with a sight that pushed his limit of sanity.

The Farmer was floating in what looked like the pitch perfect vision of heaven, all around him were large cotton like clouds drifting aimlessly all around him, Large blades of sun light shattered through them giving them a tainted orange glow that bathed the whole area that Joel could see.

Below him was a thick layer of what he could only describe as extremely dense foggy mist that covered the whole span of ground under his bare feet. He floated inches up above the strange fog, as he studied it, Joel noticed that he was slowly being pulled away in an unknown direction, or that’s what he thought was happening at least.

Joel watched very hesitantly as some of the clouds parted and moved away making the light intensify the farther he moved along, the more clouds moved, the brighter the light became, and brighter, and brighter, and brighter. The pit in his gut started to grow and the harder his heart started to pound against his rib cage.

It was a short time before all the clouds surrounding the light had parted leaving only what Joel could describe as the angle of death, coming to collect his passing soul. He looked at the light and noticed something that he did not see before, the light was nestled inside of a large, ghostly wolf.

From what Joel could see the light was in the area of where its heart would be, and as he still came closer to the spirit, the light dimmed little by little until the entire animal took a more solid form. Its eyes glowed with intense light, redefining the saying ‘Looking into my very being’. The wolfs form became a more cream like white and his body started to from outlines of different body parts like his sharp pointed ears and his tail which was actually several pieces floating inches away from each other.

Joel finally came to a stop just a few meters away from the specter wolf and the two remained like this for a sometime, studying each clearly and thoroughly.

“Your name is Joel, correct?” A voice like none Joel had ever heard before echoed through the clouds around him.

Joel was taken back in surprise…the wolf had spoken to him. The voice came from its open mouth like music from a phonograph would.

“Is your name Joel” The voice came again in a question, but sounding like a statement.

“Y-Yes, it is…”Joel answered back.

“Ah good, that’s good…Well, my name is Hircine, and I am your guardian” It spoke again.

“Y-Your my...wait...My…My what?” Joel looked at the wolf, his mind trying to wrap itself around the creature.

“So you are not familiar with my title, I should have guessed as much…”Hircine said to himself “ I am your guardian, the silent specter that has been with you since your birth, and I can say you have been through quite a bit the past twelve hours”

Joel did not say anything in response to him; he was right and did not anything to say as the memories started to float around in his head, his father, his sister, and he did not dare to dwell on the possibilities of what could have happened to his mother.

“I can feel your sorrow and worries, but do not fear, your parents are at peace, and your sister is safe” He assured him. “Joel I know that you do not understand who, how, or why, this all happened, and things might stay that way my little pup…”

“But, but…I just want to know what happened to me!” Joel cut him off.

“We only have a short time, so this might not answer your question fully, but know this, you have a new side to your heart, and it can be controlled, the road ahead will be long, painful, and to say the least…bloody” The wolf raised its head to the sky above them. “I am sorry to you young one to abandon you like this, but are time together now is ending…and I must go” The light in Hircine’s chest started to consume the world around them.

“Wait, please don’t…don’t send me back, I don’t want to go back…stop please!” Joel started to thrash about to no avail as the light started to overwhelm him.

“Joel trust when I tell you this, I will always be watching over you…put your faith into me…we shall speak again, sooner than you think, just please be safe little pup, be safe...” The light from his heart finally consumed Joel before it faded into the now familiar darkness that haunted his nightmares.

The darkness of lost hope…



---<=>---



“…no…” Joel snapped awake, his body was warm and slightly sweaty, at first he could not see a hand right in front of his face, but his eyes adjusted and he could finally take in his surroundings, and one of the first thing he notice was how he was laying on his side facing a shadow covered wall.

It was dark, and the floor beneath him was what he could tell was rough stone, it was cold and damp to the touch. He could not tell were exactly he was, all he could see was rock and stone all round him, the only light was a very thin glow of orange coming from behind.
Joel slowly rolled over onto his back with a grunt, his body became limp and adjusted itself into its new position, when his head became realigned, he was met with a strange sight.

Up above him, carved into the ceiling was a diamond shaped eye, carved horizontally to him, the outer eye shape was elongated and uneven with its corresponding sides. Inside of the diamond was a kite shape its points connected with vertical ends of the outer piece, finally there was one solid line going strait down the center of it, connecting the eye into a whole object. The strangest part was how the whole thing seemed to glow red as it looked down at him with a soul pricing gaze.

There was humming that filled his ears, along with faint chatter of whispers that started to buzz in and out of his head like insects in the summer.

"It was you all this time...

"I trusted you!"

'She did this, she killed them...all of them"


"What kind of father would I be if I did not try!"


"This was not supposed to happen...

"I'll kill every single one of you...all of you!"


"The shadow is coming, and I am going to stop it'

"I k-k-killed...h-her...


"Joel...I'm...I'm sorry..."

As Joel started to become absorbed in the eyes vile glimmer, the red glow faded away until the eye was nearly invisible, and the groves of the eye started to heal over, and before he could realize it, the eye was gone leaving not a single trace to show it was there. Joel was stunned, his eyes transfixed on the area were the carving was moments before. The sounds had stopped as well, returning to the death like silence that filled the cell.

After a long period of time, He shook himself mentally and turned his focus to the right to see a large iron bared door, and through the bars he could see a small lantern hanging on the wall across from the bar door. As he tried to move himself closer, he felt something around his ankles, and when he looked, he saw two massive metal cuffs. Joel looked down at them, puzzled by their size, and took notice to his clothes.

The young man looked over himself and noticed how all his clothing was completely ripped to shreds and how they barely held onto his body, he gave a heavy sigh before looking back down at his cuffs. The iron clamps were locked around his ankles with a thick chain sliding across the floor connected to an anchor, set deeply in the stone floor. Joel sat up slowly with a light grunt in effort to lift his sore and exhausted body off the floor. As Joel studied the cuffs, he swiftly guess that the clamps were almost three times larger than his own size, and easily slipped himself free from their grips.

He kicked them away into the corner of the cell before looking back at the iron bared door, and finally trying to stand back onto his own two feet, maybe fine someone or something that can tell him how he got here and why he was locked in side of a cage like a some wild animal. Joel rolled onto his hands and knees, and on weak legs stood up for a brief moment before collapsing onto all fours again. His head became heavy, his eyes flickered, and a very nauseating feeling from his stomach arose all at once, over whelming him slightly. He started to gag and lurch like a cat coughing up hair, before retching up a whole mess of horrific things, as they splattered onto the floor.

His mouth and through started to burn as the contents of his innards came spewing back out, once it finally stopped, Joel looked down disgust. There was a mix of blood and spit stained feathers, bits of raw meats, and even a bone shard or two that thankfully did little harm, and as well whatever was sloshing around in his gut. As he looked down at the mess below him, it dawned on him like a lightning bolt hitting a tree. He remembered what he did. Joel could remember the chicken coop, the flying horse thing, and then the three younger ones, all he could recall was one yelling something, a name, but after that his mind was wavy and blank.

”Oh god, what did I do…” Joel thought to himself as he pressed himself up against the cold, damp wall, looking straight onward.

“What did I do…” he said again aloud to the shadows around him, and then the young lad had a second revelation…they were all small flying, talking ponies.

When Joel’s mind came to this, he did not freak out, break down into an emotional cry, nor even start to guess where or why or even how, he just sat there, starting at the walls, his mind letting it go and shutting down, all the way down to where he lost perception of bodily feeling, just like if he had fallen into a deep and twisted trans, he just sat against the stone, and simply stared at the blank…cold…dark wall.

The perception of time faded away and from Joel’s perspective time was at its stand still not moving forward, nor moving backwards. Everything came slamming down like a five-ton anvil that crashed into his thoughts, the cow, his father, the monster, his sister, the equines, Hircine, the cell, everything came flooding in causing his mental functions to become over whelmed and fail.

“Well, well, it seems big bad wolf is awake” A very cold and eerie voice came over him, the voice surprised the human causing him to yelp in shock, his heart fluttered and his body became stiff and tense, ready for a fight or flight…if he could do either of those things.

Joel directed his attention to the hall beyond the bar door to were a tall, thin, narrow creature stood half covered in shadow and the other in the soft glow of the lantern’s light. From what he saw of the figure was that it stood roughly five feet tall, with a mixed purple and blue like coat that covered its body. A long tipped horn reached up to the ceiling from the center of its forehead. The now obvious equine had a mane that flicked and twirled in a non-existent wind, while it sparkled and gleamed with what was comparable to small, faint stars. The creature had also, what looked like a royal garment around its neck with a jeweled infused tiara.

Joel looked up to the obviously superior force with awe and fear as it looked down at him with a very stern and angry glare; it turned its look to the mess on the floor and cringed very, very faintly.

“I shall be fair to you and ask first, are you fully aware of what you had done, the trouble you caused, the countless lives you threatened tonight?” It asked with a female voice, but was still as threatening as any male's could be. It took a short moment for Joel to gather himself, before shaking his head in response to the interrogators question.

The figure sighed. “I would like to know what exactly you remember from this point backwards, and I want to know all of it” She hissed. Joel slowly retreated and dragged himself away from the door, and once he made it as far as possible he started to tremble, the creature let out another long and drawn out sigh.

“I am not here to cause any further harm; all I would like to know is what had happened from your view, that’s all…” It said, but this time, she was much less threatening in her tone, but was no less strict.

Joel wanted to say something, but he could not find any words to speak, he opened his mouth, but only managed to coke up on his tongue, before he closed it, and when he tried for a second time, he made even worse progress than he did the first time around.

His captor studied his attempt at speech, and then let out a third sigh of frustration. She looked over his terrified face and turned to face down the hall. “I shall return by tomorrow’s moon, by then food will be brought to you, fresh clothes, and this mess cleaned up, until then, you will stay in here and rest” With her final words, his interrogator left, the sound of her hooves dying away into silence.

Joel watched as she left and did not move until he was once more in the dark and silent presence of himself and the cell around him. He curled up into a tight, secure ball on the floor. Then and only then, did the flood gates collapse. He started to cry and he cried, and cried, and cried, until his eyes burned and his throat swelled, he continued to sob until he finally gave in, and fell asleep…

Author's Note:

Wow that took forever to get out...heh heh...yea. Blame War Thunder, i have been addicted to that game for a while and I can stop playing! anyway thank your for being patient and please leave a comment or two down below, you might not realize how much it helps, but it does immensely, and constructive criticism is nice, I'm just a freshmen in high school so please if there is something I need to fix tell me so the story will be better for you.

P.S what do you guys think about are new friend?