• Published 10th Jul 2013
  • 691 Views, 8 Comments

Ah! Magical Intervention At It's Best - rey1119



When A Guy down on his luck get's a wish from a goddess, will it turn out to be a blessing or a curse?

  • ...
17
 8
 691

5 - Getting on his feet

Rey had spent around an awkward week living with twilight, the whole bed sharing thing went over like a ton of bricks, and a few magical accidents caused him to have a thick beard for a day and glow purple for two. The first couple of days she was extremely busy with cataloging new books and ordering new books from all over equestria. Rey was kept busy by helping spike run errands and putting books on the higher shelves. During the latter of the week, Twilight showed Rey around town, showed him where most ponies went to go eat. Showed him all the restaurants that catered to non-pony species after he had explained to her what his body needed to survive. She also had Rarity make him new clothes, it took almost twice as long as she had never designed for a biped before, and she had to order special equipment.

The first couple of nights they'd spent together were claustrophobic in nature, the bed while just big enough for both of them, was a big change from having a bed all to themselves. Spike had teased them, calling them childish about the whole scenario. After about four days they had become accustomed to how the other slept, and decided against getting another bed, or getting the other washed, mostly due to Twilight haven't received her bi-monthly allowance from Celestia, which is supposed to be doubled due to another housemate.

Awaking early in the morning was the norm for Rey, he would have put on some cloths and trotted out to work. But now he lay next to Twilight Sparkle who had placed a hoof over his shoulder whilst they slept. Rey's wings were pressed tight against his back, but he didn't try to move them, in fear that they may extend and push him, and/or Twilight off the bed. Instead he took stock of what had happened to him, again.

Whist he was thinking Twilight had begun to awaken, noticing her hoof wrapped around him, she quickly retracted it and pulled it in close, her face ablaze with embarrassment. She had hoped Rey was asleep and didn't notice.

Rey noticed her hoof go back, and turned to face her, surprised when he saw how embarrassed she was. He remembered how her hoof was wrapped around him, and what that would have meant if either of them were human. (he didn't consider himself human anymore, but something else.)

"Ah, Sorry, Kind of not completely used to sharing a bed quite yet. Aha." She laughed a bit and retracted backwards. She had some pretty embarrassing moments before, but this would easily be the second most embarrassing moment of her life. Right behind the whole "confessing her would be love for Celestia at a royal dinner" incident. Which she wasn't seen publicly again for three months.

Rey saw how embarrassing this was for her, so he thought he'd lighten the mood by cracking a smile. "Oh really? A pretty girl like you must have had a few of stallions in bed with her before right?!" He joked. He started laughing, even went so far as to poke her with his elbow, but when he opened his eyes, her eyes were wide open and her face red even through her purple coat, and she wasn't smiling.

Knowing he had said something wrong, he stumbled out of bed backwards, he'd fallen out of bed and tried to regained his balance and tripped over Spike's bed. He then fell down the small stairs and fell right off the edge, landing in the main room, painfully on his back with a sickening cracking sound.

"Rey!" Twilight called from in her room. The cracking sound made her feel queasy, she almost didn't want to look down and see what he okay, but she braved the edge of her steps and looked over. To her relief he was okay, he was scrambling to his feet in a hurry.

Rey thinking that she was going to scold him about what he had said, thought she needed time to cool off, so he ran outside. He looked around for a second, and heard Twilight's hoofsteps coming down the stairs inside, he needed to be gone, and fast. In a last ditch effort he jumped and flexed every muscle in his back, His wings expanding, and flapping once, and propelling him a great distance into the air. he leaned forwards and started to flex his back again, hoping to flap his wings. His wings flapped once more, throwing him further, faster than he thought one flap could push a person. After nine seconds of flight his wings seized up and tightened himself against his back.

Heading about 16 mph at 20 feet off the ground he started to yell just when he hit the ground. he tumbled for about 4 feet before stopping. Ignoring the intense pain, and responding to the shocked gasp he heard in front of him, he looked up to see a white pony, but he couldn't see clearly with the dirt in his eyes. "Sorry, just getting the training wheels off." he said gritting through the pain.

The white and purple pony was looking at him when she said "Darling, if that's the way you fly, its best to keep the training equipment on! Here, I shall cart you to my boutique." With that, a soft blue energy enveloped Rey and he began to levitate in the air. Rey knew he should have declined, and instead walked away, but there isn't much a person can do when they are slipping out of consciousness he figured, And he passed out.

Awaking on a couch, stark naked, He jumped forwards to cover himself before writhing in agony, when he landed he must have strained more than a couple muscles throughout his entire body. He let out a hiss of pain, and flopped back downwards onto the couch.

"Ah, you're awake, what are you getting all worked up about? even Rainbow Dash wouldn't be too eager to move after a crash like that." She asked, tending to something at a threading station. She hummed a lively tune while the blue of the early morning sky shined through the windows.

Rey gritted his teeth at the pain, but still managed to say "I'm naked!" He wondered was he alright, the tips of his wings were killing him, and his neck was sore and stiff. He never thought to categorize his own injuries before worrying about someone else's feelings, but then again, he's always been like that.

Rarity paused and looked at him again. "Ah, indeed you are, but aren't we all dearest? Most ponies don't put cloths on unless they are going to some kind of event, or want to look extra special for somepony. Your clothes were in pieces, so i took and made you some more!" She turned back to her crafts.

Rey turned his head to face here and she had made some dark blue boxers and black pants, which he didn't know what they were made of hanging on a rack nearby her. "A-ah, A shirt would be nice." He struggled to suggest. he raised his arm and patted his bare chest.

She looked back at him. "Ah, something that fits on your upper body am I correct, I shall have it ready post haste! So where are you coming from?" She asked as she worked away, following the template she used for his last pair, she busily worked.

Rey had told her about what happened with Twilight that morning and how he jettisoned away from her before she could breathe fire on him. And of course how he crashed at her feet.

"Pardon me darling, but I must ask, why do you insist on wearing clothes all the time? It's not your body that's strange about you, you've actually got some good flanks on you if I do say so myself, but it's the fact that you're all dressed up! It's like you're expecting Celestia herself to come down at any moment!" Rarity explained as she levitated his new clothes over to him. "It's quite unsettling in a way you know?"

He slipped the clothes on, and explained "Where I come from, being nude is a sexually intimate thing, and being nude in public was considered indecent." He said. "I guess old habits die hard." He said, and they both shared a quick chuckle.

"Well darling, I'm not going to hold you here any longer, my advice? Go talk to her, Twilight can be irritable at times, but she's never gotten so angry as to bite your head off about anything." She reassured. She walked over to the door and opened the door for him.

He gave his thanks, and left the boutique, hoping that Twilight would not be charged for that. Trying to remember the way back to the library, Rey slowly walked back to Twilight's place, his place, the place he called home, uncertain of what was waiting, and how much long he'd have a home to go back to.

As he made his way back to the library, following the skid marks in the dirt, he started to think about what might happen, and how he could prevent the situation becoming awkward, or worse, him getting put out of the only place he had to call home. What if she'd told Celestia he was being a nuisance? He was terrified of what awaited him when he got back, either a angry Twilight, or Celestia herself, both ready to turn him into a pile of smoking dust. He thought about what that white pony said, and it seemed to calm his nerves, but not for long as right in front of him was the library, and he could see Twilight's silhouette in the door.