• Published 10th Jul 2013
  • 691 Views, 8 Comments

Ah! Magical Intervention At It's Best - rey1119



When A Guy down on his luck get's a wish from a goddess, will it turn out to be a blessing or a curse?

  • ...
17
 8
 691

2 - A chance encounter, or was it fate?

Since Aura came to visit around a week ago, Rey had been racking his mind as to what he would wish for. Money was out of the question, since he believed money corrupts everyone if they have too much. Another thing he wanted to wish for was super powers, but he quickly rejected the idea, as it would make him a worldwide target for, kidnapping, interrogation, and experimentation. With no wish in mind, he continued about his daily life, going to work, donating to charity again today, and returning home to get some rest. On his way driving home, he saw something odd. As he looked out of his passenger side window at a red light, into a alleyway he saw a quadrupedal animal looking confused. He would have just thought it a stray dog and called animal control, but this animal was shaped oddly, like nothing he'd ever seen before.

When the light turned green he pulled into a nearby parking lot of a supply depot. He quickly jotted into the entrance of the alley, cautiously. To his surprise, the creature was purple, and seemed to have something coming out of its head! Sneaking in to get a closer look, he saw the animal or whatever it was, sink it's head in what would have equated to a disappointed sigh to humans, and walked towards the alley wall. Rey was almost near it, but his eyes shot open wide when he saw it start to walk into the wall!

Still in disbelief the creature had all but disappeared into the wall, and Rey had switched from a careful stalk to a desperate sprint, to prove once and for all that under the stress of work and his peers, he had finally gone insane. As he caught up to the purple whatever, he noticed it was trotting through a oval in the wall! Making a decision he thought he was sure to regret, he lunged in after it, with no real motive other than to prove his insanity, he thought he was going to run headfirst into a concrete wall. To his surprise he tumbled right through tripped over the purple thing, and crashed headfirst into a pile of books, and knocked himself out.

To Rey, a unknown amount of time had passed, and he found himself awaking in a bed, in a cell, who knows where. As he opened his eyes and looked at the concrete ceiling he thought to himself "I must have knocked myself out when i ran into the wall, the police must have found me and took me to the police station." he guessed. He looked forwards and saw the iron bars on the doors, that didn't surprise him, what did surprise him was the lack of windows, lights, and plastic. It was a prison made completely of stone and wrought iron!

A creature walked by a couple minutes later, Rey was freaking out, running countless possibilities of where he might be, what sadist basement he might be in. The creature appeared to be horse like, or just a horse, but smaller, and wearing armor.

"Ah, you're awake, I shall notify the princess immediately, not that you can understand me anyway." It said, with a half sarcastic tone. It seemed not to care whether or not he spoke or not, it just trotted away to fetch the princess.

Rey was in shock, not only was that thing from yesterday real, but there were more, and they had him locked up! Delusion or not, this was getting just a bit too much for Rey.

A couple minutes later a large white version of the creature walked up to his cell. Clad in a gold necklace, and a golden tiara, is obviously the princess mentioned earlier, Rey wanted to ask where he was, and what are they, but he decided to keep his mouth shut, because the two or three foot long horn she sported didn't look like something you wanted pointed at you.

"If you can understand me, please acknowledge me now, I will not ask twice." She spoke with an authoritative tone that made the hair on the back of Rey's neck stand on end.

"I-i can understand you, but what are you exactly? And where am I?" A million questions raced through Rey's head, but his mouth only asked two, out of fear mostly.

The princess smiled a soft smile, "How rude of me, I didn't introduce myself. I am Celestia, I am the ruler in this land you are in, Equestria. My race is a magical one, by the name of ponies. Now i believe it is your turn."

Rey sat with a blank expression on his face, and whispered to himself "So I'm being held captive by colorful magic ponies, didn't see that coming." He stood up to face Celestia. "I am Rey, I'm a human from the planet earth, so tell me Celestia, how strong is your magic?" He asked this question with half a plan formed in his panicked mind.

A confused look scrunched up on Celestia's face for a second, and she shook it off and returned to a soft smile. "Very, dear. More powerful than i'm guessing you would care to know." She said gently, meaning not to brag.

Judging by the gigantic wings on her back, he was guessing she could fly, as well as do some kind of magic, his mind only on escape he knew what he had to do. "Aura! I know what I want!" He shouted loudly. A look of confusion
passed through the ponies faces, right before a goddess stepped through the Lens of Rey's blue sunglasses, and landed on the floor beside him.

"Ah, Mister you've decided on a wish?" she spoke excitedly, as if knowing what he was going to wish for. In fact, it almost seemed that this is the moment she was waiting for.

He nodded his head and pointed at Celestia. "I want to have the same powers as her!" He exclaimed. He was pretty sure its what he needed to escape, with no idea what these ponies had planned for him, it seemed like the right thing to do, for his own well being.

The goddess struck a praying pose and started levitating off the ground. "If that is your wish, I will surely make it so!" She exclaimed. A brilliant beam of light cascaded from her body and ripped a hole in the ceiling.

Celestia stomped her hoof and exclaimed " No, you can't be serious! Stop, you don't know what you're doing!" She yelled over the rumbling that was happening, as the power of the heavens descended great powers into the body of the mortal sitting on the bed.

And in a flash of light, it was over, Aura had gone and Rey was slumped over in his bed writhing in pain. The spell had taken its toll on his mind, and his body.

Celestia could only watch in shock as he ripped his shirt off. Sickening cracks, pops and ripping noises as his back began to rearrange itself to fit a large black pair of wings.

After about ten seconds of catching his breath, Rey gritted his teeth and felt his forehead to see if a horn had grown. To his surprise, his forehead was left blank, and he sighed relieved. He looked up to see the shocked looks on the ponies faces. He hated to see the once smiling Celestia looking so grim, but he hated the idea of being imprisoned even more. Now, he needed to find his way out of his cell. He begun thinking and in an instant he was outside the cage. He looked behind him to see an infuriated Celestia, and his stomach sank thinking about what he might have just gotten himself into.