• Published 10th Jul 2013
  • 691 Views, 8 Comments

Ah! Magical Intervention At It's Best - rey1119



When A Guy down on his luck get's a wish from a goddess, will it turn out to be a blessing or a curse?

  • ...
17
 8
 691

4 - Meeting Twilight

Rey arrived in ponyville after an exceptionally long ride, he looked around in wonderment and amazement, there were ponies everywhere! Blue ponies, red ponies, ponies who flew, ponies who teleported, and then there was him, the only thing in town on two legs. Standing shirtless in town isn't really comfortable, amplified by the fact that he was starting to draw attention to himself just by standing. Soon he was surrounded by ponies, on each side in a full 360 degrees. Rey started to break a sweat, he knew what was racing through each of their heads. What was he, why does he have wings? He knew he was an oddity,but he hadn't expected to be completely encased in ponies like this. Then when he thought he was going to explode, a loud southern voice yelled among-st the crowd.

"What are y'all ponies doing? Don't cha' ponies see this feller needs some space?" Rey spotted this source of the voice, It was a orange pony with blonde hair and a cowboy hat. "Y'all go on about yer business, hear?" She quickly dismissed the crowd of ponies that were surrounding him.

She walked up to him and lifted one of her legs to meet his hand. "Ahm Applejack sir, pleased as punch to meet ya, whatever y'all are" She said. "Hope Ah was right bout' calling ya a feller, Ah don't quite know what ya'll are."

He took her hoof in hand, and shook it as if it were a hand, to his surprise it wasn't a hard hoof that you'd find on a horse, it was soft and flexible. "I'm Rey, I'm not a pony as you can see, I'm a human from another world, i'm looking for Twilight, I was told i would be staying with her." He said. He kind of liked Applejack, She was nice and didn't freak out when he introduced himself.

"Ah, ya had Canterlot written all over ya. This way, she lives in tha' library over yonder." She gestured for him to follow her, She walked him over to a gigantic tree which was hollowed out and had a house on the inside, he could see windows from the leaves up top. "This is where she lives, good luck an' happy trails mister!" With those words, she turned and walked off in the opposite direction, he guessed that she had somewhere else to be.

He turned to face the door and knocked. Nervous as ever to see who Twilight actually was, he waited at the door. He heard hoofsteps coming from inside. The door came open and he looked down. There he saw standing the same pony he saw in the alleyway not too long ago.

"Hey its you!" She said when she saw him, "After you ran after me in the portal you tripped over me and crashed into a pile of books." She explained. "I heard something happened between you and Celestia, care to explain?"

He nodded his head and Said, "Long story cut really short, I've got Celestia's powers, I can tell you the details later if you want." Glad to see a somewhat familiar face, Rey calmed down a bit. Instead Rey's mind wondered what relationship she had with applejack, or the town for that matter. She was the princesses student, could that mean she ruled the town?

Her eyes shot open, and she perked her ears forwards. "So you are as powerful as Princess Celestia?" She asked. She was shocked that someone like him could hold the same powers as princess Celestia, but she didn't question his story, nopony made up stories like that

Twilight had always envied Princess Celestia's and Princess Luna's power, their raw magical abilities, and their vast immoral knowledge. Just the thought of being able to read every book ever written, with years to spare, made the butterfly's in her stomach go wild.

He nodded his head to confirm once more. "But I don't know how to use my powers, or my wings." He said. He turned around to show her his black wings, which had stopped aching so much since he got off the hot air balloon. He gave his shoulders a roll and was surprised to see his wings start to unfurl then tighten against his back.

Twilight looked at him and beckoned for him to come in. "The magic I can help you with, the flying, well... I've got a really good friend who can teach you a thing or two." She said. "She's a pegasus, a winged pony, as you can tell I'm a unicorn, there is a third kind, a earth pony, who has neither wings nor horn. And then there are alicorns like Celestia and Luna, and my old friend Cadence, A mix of all three, and they are all princesses." She explained as they walked into the house.

A library in a tree, the irony of that almost made Rey chuckle. There were hundreds of books lining the wooden walls, with a staircase leading upstairs. There was a table in the middle of the room with a golden bust of a pony and books lying everywhere. It was an utter mess, the polar opposite of Rey's tidy little apartment room.

"I imagine you must be tired. Celestia informed me that you'd be staying here. I don't have a spare bed with me at the time, my friends ruined it at my last sleepover." She said. "We need to find somewhere for you to sleep." She looked like she was deep in thought.

"If you've got a spare blanket, I could just sleep on the floor downstairs." Rey said, not wanting to be an inconvenience. It was as much of not wanting to cause any problems, as it was he didn't want her to tell celestia it wasn't going to work. The thought of Celestia sent shivers down his spine.

Twilight looked at Rey in confusion. "There's no way I'd let you sleep on the floor." She said with a snicker. Taking a second to think some more. "You'll just have to sleep in my bed with me, I hope that's alright." She said sheepishly.

Rey was confused, all the other ponies he had seen today stared at him like an alien. (Which he kind of was). But Twilight welcomed him, not only into her house, but into her bed. "Aren't you the slightest bit freaked out, you know, of a big hairless alien like me?" Rey asked timidly.

She turned back to him and said "No, because you're not freaked out by a small furry horned alien like me." And with that, the had a point.

"But surely you have another bed?" Rey asked, the though to sharing a bed with her seemed weird.

"I used to have another bed, but my friend Pinkie Pie borrowed it for her 72-hour bed party," She said like it was no big deal. The concept of a party lasting 3 days was amazing to Rey, and the fact that it's main features were beds also intrigued him, it might have made for an interesting story.

"The bedroom is upstairs, and try not to wake spike!" She told him as she pointed him towards the staircase.

Twilight sighed to herself and chuckled. Life in Ponyville just keeps getting more and more interesting, she thought to herself

Rey wondered who Spike was and figured with a name like Spike, it must have been Twilight's pet. When he got upstairs, another smaller library awaited him, and he saw a smaller pair of stairs leading to a sort of ledge where the bed was. Stepping over the books he finally reached the bed. The bed was smaller than him by a couple inches, and he would have to bend his knees a bit to fit all the way in, but to him, it was far better than a prison cell. Just before he was about to close his eyes, he caught glimpse of a small pair of green eyes looking at him from a little cot on the floor.

"Heya, I'm Spike! I'm Twilight's number one assistant, and Ponyville's number one dragon! Twilight's going to stay up a little late working, but you'd best get some sleep. I'll tell you all about myself tomorrow," Spike said in a whisper.

Rey nodded and closed his eyes and felt himself slipping away. If when he woke, he was back in his bed on earth, He'd write a story about what occurred today.