• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 3,469 Views, 71 Comments

The Royal Guard - Jacob562



A new Palace Guard finds that life in the Royal Palace can be more stressful than he originally thought

  • ...
3
 71
 3,469

Chapter X

Luna and Thunder Clop lay on the grass looking up a Princess Celestia. She towered over them with a very stern look on her face.

"Well!?" She asked angrily, "what have you got to say for your selves?"

Luna scoffed, "What have we to say for our actions?! For what reason did you follow us out here?"

"You know very well why I followed you Luna." Barked Celestia, "We talked about this."

"Talked!?" questioned Luna venomously, "I recall no conversation, you merely lectured me, again!"

"And so what if I lecture you," started Celestia, "You are my younger sist..."

Luna cut her off, "Younger!? Younger! As the day is older than the night perhaps, but I am no foal! I was not born yesterday, and yet you continue to treat me as you would a child!"

"I am only trying to protect you." Offered Celestia.

"If that were true you never would have banished me to the Moon!" yelled Luna, hot tears beginning to streak down her face. "You would have helped me when Night Mare Moon took possession of my mind! And you would not have reincarnated me in this awkward body, a mare barley in her adulthood!"

"What I did was for your own good!" Shouted Celestia, "You have no idea how hard that decision was for me to make."

"Yet you made it!" Shouted Luna back, "You banished your own sister to the moon. My only crime was a desire for love and now you are trying to take away from me as well!"

"That is not what this is about!" replied Celestia.

"Oh yes it is!" said Luna, "You can never stand for me to be happy. You always take all the attention for yourself, You have never been able to share, not the kingdom, not the subjects, not even mother, you always had to hog them all!"

"Don't bring mother into this Luna, she's no longer here!" Answered Celestia.

"Why?! Why should we not speak of mother!?" barked Luna, "Is it because you know she would be ashamed of your behavior? Is it because she would remind you that we were to rule Equstria equally?"

"How Dare you Luna!" snarled Celestia, "Since you've returned I've given in to request after request. When you wanted to resume your duty of raising the Moon prematurely, I said nothing. I stood by when you raced off to the nightmare night celebration. And when you promoted Thunder Clop to captain I looked it over!"

Thunder Clop winced when Celestia spoke his name.

Celestia continued, "Who by the way will have to resign his posting immediately!"

"He will do no such thing!" Bellowed Luna, "I reinstate him!"

"Luna I have told you before you cannot be involved romantically with any pony," Started Celestia sadly, "It is our burden to bear."

"No!" replied Luna, "It is your burden, and only by your choice! You allowed Princess Mi Amore Cadenza and Shining Armor to wed even! This is no different! Thunder Clop and I shall remain together whether you approve or not sister!"

Celestia stood for a moment before answering. "You are stubborn Luna, but fine. Have it your way, but Captian Clop will no longer serve with the day guard."

Thunder Clop felt as though something was crushing his heart. He was being demoted, over this? "Princess if I may speak...?" he began, but Celestia cut him off.

"I think it better if you do not!" Said Cesestia glaring at him. Luna also cast him a look that told him he should stay quite.

After a moment Luna turned to Thunder Clop. "Come," she said, "we should return to the palace."

As Thunder Clop took flight behind Luna he could feel Celestia watching them as they flew away. Their flight back to Conterlot was nearly silent. The landed on Luna's balcony and wandered through her bedroom and into the office. Thunder Clop was making for the door when Luna asked him to wait, she led him to the couches. Luna sat next to Thunder Clop on the couch and began to cry into his shoulder.

"It is not fair!" she sobbed, "Why will Celestia not allow us to be happy?"

Thunder Clop tried to comfort her but Luna continued crying until she fell asleep. Thunder Clop was trapped, but there were worse places to send the day, especially now with Celestia angered with them. Thunder Clop tired to stay awake for some time longer, but eventually weariness got the better of him and he fell asleep too. They slept on the couches all day wrapped in each others arms.

Luna was the first to wake up in the evening, she carefully removed herself from Thunder Clops embrace and stretched. A hand maiden walked in but Luna motioned silently to dismiss her. She wandered into her bathroom and began to draw a bath. The noise of the running faucet awoke Thunder Clop, but he was still tired and only readjusted himself on the couch. Soon though Luna emerged from the bath room.

Thunder Clop feigned a yawn and stretched his his forelegs out as Luna walked back into the office. Luna smiled at him as she walked in.

"I've been thinking," she started, "perhaps it is best if we leave the palace tonight, giving my sister some space."

"That's not a bad idea." replies Thunder Clop, "What do you want to do?"

"Well, why don't you chose an activity for tonight?" offered Luna.

Thunder Clop thought for a moment before answering. "Do you like Jazz?" he asked.

"I have never had it before," replied Luna, "It is not a dish I am familiar with."

"Oh no," Laughed Thunder Clop, "it's not food, it's a type of music."

Luna blushed at her mistake. "Oh," she started bashfully, "I do enjoy music though, is there a band of minstrels coming?"

"Well no," replied Thunder Clop, "but I know a good club downtown. They have good food, drinks and live music. We could go there is you'd like"

"Yes," said Luna, "it sounds like a wonderful outing."