• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 368 Views, 1 Comments

Chronicles of Bon Bon - Anonimoose



In the future, Bon Bon awakens in a hospital bed her leg missing and a war raging outside, how it began she doesn't know, but shes about to become a part of something bigger than she ever expected!

  • ...
 1
 368

Chapter 9

Bon Bon was sitting in the back of the truck, A soldier with a white helmet with a red cross branded on it offered her a cup of coffee,
"Thanks." She said with a nod to which the soldier replied,
"No problem Ma'am, can I look at your hoof please?"

"I'm retired, so no need for formalities, call me Bon Bon, and sure." as she agreed the Soldier unwrapped the bandages and examined the wound, "Nothing too serious, I'd say stay off your hoof for a few weeks but knowing the High Commander I'd be surprised if we get to the FOB."

"Why would you say that?" Bon Bon inquired

"High Commander McTalk isn't known for discharging troops unless he is certain they cannot fight or hire someone else to fight for them."

"Did you just say HIGH COMMANDER McTALK!?" Bon Bon said slamming her good hoof on the bed of the truck causing the soldiers, Sifty and to jump and snap a look at her, Backfire was not fazed and was fast asleep, leaning on Sifty for support.

The Startled medic replied, "Yes ma'am, most of the generals, heck even Prince Blueblood, defected to the Lunar Coalition during the beginning of the war so most ponies in the Canterlot Elite jumped for the chance to get their names written in the history books."

"Sounds like Canterlot.." she said shaking her head.

"After the generals left most of our army went AWOL and changed sides as well so most of the army is now conscripted ponies and the few loyalists, We've been holding back the main force to defend Canterlot but I guess Celestia had a change of heart so we're taking the fight to them now!"
Bon Bon was silently collecting the information in her head, processing and thinking to herself about why would so many defect. Then came the voice in the back of her head,
"Maybe things aren't as they seem, what if she WAS on the wrong side?"
She shook the thoughts out of her head, she knew too little of the situation to make her judgement yet. The thought was interrupted by the sound of gunfire and various explosions and mechanical sounds.

"How far are we to the FOB?"

"Less than a minute." the medic said looking at his watch.

"How far from the FOB is the trench line?" Bon Bon asked, the medic waved over another pony with a large radio pack on his back and various navigational tools, switching seats with each other the communications pony opened up a map to show Bon Bon. unlike the other ponies in his squad he was a Pegasus instead of a Unicorn.
"Hi, Corporal BlueFire is the name!" He saluted

"Pleasure to make the acquaintance." Bon Bon nodded

Bluefire pointed on the map where the FOB was located
"McTalk set the trench line five hundred feet from the walls of the barracks."

"Where is his command center?" Bon Bon asked,

"Here," he said pointing at a bunker miles from the FOB.

"Typical McTalk," Sifty muttered "That useless heap of meat wants all the glory but doesn't wanna get his hooves dirty."

"So who is leading the troops on the frontline?"

"McTalk is, he uses loudspeakers to order his troops around."
Bon Bon Facehoofed at this revelation,

"Now I know why this war was being lost.."

"That's all going to change today though, Celestia and her council has approved the deployment of our most advanced arsenal."

"What do we have?"

"Our main force are the Guardian Tanks," Hes said nodding to the large tank with treads.

"The War-Birds, they're kinda li-" Bluefire was interrupted as multiple flying machines with Coaxial rotors flew overhead, some with crew cabins carrying multiple ponies, others bristling multiple machine-gun pods, each one had their pilots names written on the door beside them, some of the weaponized ones had large eyes and mouths drawn on them.
Then, one of the War-Birds was hit by a flak cloud sending it into a nosedive, smashing into the ground in a ball of flame. On Bluefire's radio, Tank's voice could be heard.

"ENEMY CONTACT, OPEN FIRE!" in an instant all of the tanks rapidly fired lighting the other side of the hill in muzzle flashes. As the truck came to a stop over the hill, the FOB came into view, the trenches were filled with ponies with rifles and mounted machine guns on both sides, mortars shelling the field pinning both sides down.

"Wake up backfire, we have a battle to win," Sifty said nudging her awake.

"Are we there yet?" She drowsily replied.

"Almost."

Then a War-Bird descended to the ground and landed, the pilot, a smaller than normal Pegasus, opened her door which said "Scoots" on it.

"Bon Bon!" The pilot said with a smile,

"Scootaloo?" Bon Bon peered with her good eye remembering the crusader returning a smile.

"McTalk needs to speak with you personally, come with me." gesturing towards the War-Bird.

"Can my friends come with?" Bon Bon said pointing at Backfire and Sifty,

"Sure, lets go." Stepping back into the War-Bird Scootaloo flicked a few switches and the rotors spun up and was ready to fly, Bon Bon entered and after a quick "Do I have to?" from Sifty and Backfire jumped into the cabin of the machine, Backfire in an excited manner.

"I never flew in one of these before!" She said enjoying every moment of this new experience.

Scootaloo's Co-Pilot gave Bon Bon a headset to wear and after adjusting the headset on her ears, Scootaloo spoke up

"Mind if we give these ponies a run for their bits before we hit the base?" She said giving a grin,

"Let's Show em' how it's done!" Bon Bon said nodding with a smirk.

"Alright get on the CGC."

"CGL?"

"The Clockwork Gatling Cannon, the big gun beside you!" pointing with her hoof to the weapon beside her."

"Oh.." Bon Bon said embarrassingly, mounting the door gun they flew right over the trenches,

"GIVE EM' HELL BONNIE!"
With the flick of a switch a loudspeaker blared a recording over the battlefield from the Canterlot Orchestra
"Seriously?" the Co-Pilot said in a deadpan tone.