• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 4,545 Views, 74 Comments

Slendy- Just Another Ancient Creature - Dragonfeith



Slendy, poor ol' Slendy. Stalking the Everfree Forest for 10,000 year can take a toll on both your memory and your spirit. But now, a favorite trio has decided to show up to make things a little more intresting. AN: R and R! A (now not so short)

  • ...
5
 74
 4,545

Chapter 9

The next morning, the Throne room was empty. Slendy knew he shouldn't be surprised- it was 7 in the morning, and they had another hour to arrive. But, he still was hoping they would be there early. No matter.

Slendy began to turn and walk towards the throne when Celestia and Luna walked out of one of the corridors branching off of the Throne room. Both looked up in surprise, but then Luna smiled at him.

"Good morning Slenderman. You are here early, are you not?" Luna smiled as she said this.

"Indeed, Princesses. I...I was hoping to speak with both of you about something else that had troubled me. I was hoping to get access to the most knowledgeable individual on ancient history. When I say ancient, I mean older than Equestria, the original tribes, and me. Is there a pony that might be able to help me?"

Luna shook her head, but Celestia thought for a second.

"Actually, there might be. A mare living in Ponyville, named Lyra Heartstrings. She is fascinated by the extremly ancient, particularly ancient artifacts and the legendary race known as Humans. She lives with another mare, Bon-Bon. If you wanted to speak with Lyra, you would also have to speak with Bon-Bon. They are inseparable."

Slendy nodded. "Thank you. I will seek her out."

Luna yawned. "Well, I must be going. I had a particularly difficult night last night. Many a pony were disturbed in their dreams. I hope that you do not mind if I skip out on today's meeting?"

Slenderman shook his head. "Of course not, princess."

Luna smiled, and her horn flashed. She dissapeared. Slendy turned to Celetia.

"Princess, I have a question particular to you. There is a 5th level in the royal prison. No one in the prison knew who or what inhabited that room. They said you were the only being that knew. What is on the 5th level?"

Celestia's expression darkened. "Slenderman, the 5th level houses the most dangerous thing ever to exist on this Earth. It does not concern you or your investigations. If there comes a time when the thing that lives on the 5th level becomes of importance to you or your work, I will alert you."

Slendy nodded. "Yes Princess. I hope that you do not mind if I attempt to figure out what the being is on my own, then?"

The princess raised an eyebrow. "Is there much I could do about it?"

Slendy laughed his dark chuckle. "No, princess, there is not."

Ponyville was a large place, but seemed very small compared to the streets and houses of Canterlot. Slendy stuck to the shadows, and no pony saw him. Those that did out of the corner of their eye mistook him for a shadow cast by a building, brick, or cart. The only pony that looked twice was a brown pony with a time-turner as his cutie mark. The pony looked up, straight at Slendy, squinted, then shook his head as if to clear cobwebs and walked away, muttering something about too many stone ponies in his lifetime.

Lyra Heartstring's house was similar to all of the other pony’s houses, besides the fact it smelled of sweets. Slendy teleported to the second floor, where he found a light blue pony with a lyre as her cutie mark, whom he presumed to be
Lyra, and another light pink pony with candy as her cutie mark, whom he presumed to be Bon-Bon.

Both slept in a large bed, with two short bed stands on each side. A large chest sat at the end of the bed, and closets lined the walls. A window overlooked the outside town. The scene struck Slendy as very cute, and he felt a twang of sadness in his heart.

Slendy could tell time was moving along rather quickly- it was already 7:23- so he quickened things up and cleared his throat.

Both mares started, then screamed and grabbed one another, hugging each other like two scared fillies.

Slendy hastily spoke."Please, there is no need to be emotional. I am here to talk, nothing more. I need your help, Lyra, and Bon-Bon, I have heard that where Lyra goes you go, so I need both of your help."
Bon-Bon stuttered out. "Wh-Wh-Who are you?!"

Slendy sighed. "I am the Head of Magical Security under Luna, Celestia, and Discord."

Both the mares slowly ungripped each other. "O-oh. Ok, err, um, next time can you please knock?" Lyra squeaked out fearfully.

"Er, yes, of course." Slendy cursed at himself, thinking he should have tried doing that like a normal pony.

Slendy looked out at the sun and realized time was passing. He had to make this quick.

"Lyra, you are one of the most knowledgeable ponies on extremely ancient history. I need your help. My job is to track down ancient artifacts that are a threat to Equestria. I need somepony with knowledge of ancient history to help me do
that." Slendy watched Lyra closely as he said this. She looked confused.

"Bu-but I just read up on ancient history as a hobby! I don't actually kno— I mean, I was never officially educated..."

Slendy spoke. "Celestia herself told me you were the pony to speak to about ancient history. For example, in 2351, what pony king overthrew the germinian prince Powerblood?"

Lyra immediately laughed. "You made that up! Powerblood was a tribal leader and fought for rights for Earth ponies at the beginning of Equestria, primary against Unicorn tribal leaders."

Slendy nodded. "Good. You seem well taught to me." Lyra protested, and shortly followed with a blush.

Bon-Bon stepped forward. "Mr. Slenderman, We appreciate your seeking us out, but we are not warriors or healers or leaders. We are just ponies trying to make a life. Money is already tight, and I don't think that we can just walk away from our life."

Slendy nodded. "I understand. If you choose to work with me, you will be paid 10,000 bits per week until you retire or otherwise leave service of the princesses, Discord, and I."

Bon-Bon raised both eyebrows and gave out a excited squeak, a look of excitement on her face. "That's a whole ton of bits!"

Lyra spoke up. "I think we should do it, Bon-Bon. And you know a lot about history from listening to me ramble on and on...you could help out too." Looking at Slendy, Lyra smiled. "We'll do it."

Slendy nodded. "Please be at the Canterlot Throne room in-" he looked out at the sun- "35 minutes. You are permitted to teleport."

With that, he left.

Author's Note:

Well, Chapter 9's up! Ten is going up today as well! Yay!