• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 4,545 Views, 74 Comments

Slendy- Just Another Ancient Creature - Dragonfeith



Slendy, poor ol' Slendy. Stalking the Everfree Forest for 10,000 year can take a toll on both your memory and your spirit. But now, a favorite trio has decided to show up to make things a little more intresting. AN: R and R! A (now not so short)

  • ...
5
 74
 4,545

Chapter 4

The room was… odd, at least to Slendy. A bed, a fireplace, a shelf full of books, all tied together with a beautiful carpet.

Maps lined the walls, all full of geographic and political information. Most of the maps were full, save one; it was completely blank. A note hung from it.

Slenderman, I left this map for you to fill out. When you come across something of interest to you, you can put it here. I will speak with you soon.
–Luna.

Slenderman looked at the note for a few seconds, then turned and walked towards the bed. He knew what beds were, but had only slept twice in his long existence. It was not something that he was interested in repeating. There are things in the shadows of dreams that are more powerful and ancient than any creature in any universe; when they sensed a being like him they flocked to it like moths to a flame.

Besides the other items in the room, there was a desk with a pencil, pen, and various rolls of parchment sitting on it. Slendy took it all in, than he sunk into the shadows.

He examined the room from the shadows. All of a sudden the room became much more comfortable; the bed looked more appealing and safe, the fire warmer, and the maps more comforting.

Slendy had never lived in a small area, and so had never been able to have such a concentrated area of darkness before. His cave had been much larger. An idea struck him.

Slendy let tendrils of shadow begin to float into the lit room. If anypony had been standing in the room, they would have found darkness begin to swirl around them, before the lights went out. The fire's light disappeared, and everything became pitch black.

Slendy slowly made the room dark, not semi dark, but pitch black. The fire's warmth was still there and Slendy could feel and see everything clearly. It made him feel secure and safe in a way he never had before. Fluffy, used to Slendy's unusual spells and overwhelming darkness, did not bat an eye.

Deciding to continue the spell work, Slendy wove in defenses, ancient things that were particular and complex, letting in only allies and in a sense removing the room's physical existence from the physical realm, a sort of pocket universe. Thinking again, Slendy wove in one last strain, this one cold and hard. It was one of the most powerful spells Slendy could imagine. It was to keep the Dream Beings out of the pocket dimension, although he wasn't sure if it would work completely.

Whether he would actually sleep or not, Slendy did not yet know. He just liked knowing that he could if he wanted or needed to. He then put down the few items he had brought with him from his cave.

Finally, the room completed, Slendy stopped his magic. He looked around, and suddenly felt lonely, despite the massive Timberwolf laying on the ground next to him.

He could sense the guards presence outside the room, but it did nothing to push away the feeling or overwhelming sadness.

Slendy quickly fell into the shadows, and without thinking drifted to a spot physically near him. He was startled to find himself under stars and the moon, in the center of what seemed to be a large garden. In front of him, surrounded on all sides by tall hedges laced with almost untraceable hints of magic, was a large stone circular clearing full of symbols representing the Moon and Sun. On one side was a stone stage to which a ramp leading up to. The stage was the size of a pony. It was decorated with carvings of the sun and sunrise.

Directly across from the sun stage was an identical stage, save that it was decorated with symbols of the moon and moonrise. On this stage, Luna stood, concentrating on the sky. Slendy had appeared in the center of the clearing. Luna had not noticed him, and he wanted to keep it that way. He cloaked himself with shadows. It Luna had concentrated, she would have sensed him, but for now she was interested in other things.

She seemed to be looking directly at the moon. Her horn was lightly sounded by dark blue magic that seemed to be filled with little stars that sparkled. Slendy noticed that they looked remarkably similar to the ones on Luna's mane.

Falling into the shadows, Slendy attempted to sense the flow of magic coming from Luna's horn. It flowed directly towards the moon, and seemed to be focused on a certain area of the moon. Slendy decided he would ask her later what she was doing. Until then, he pulled himself back into the physical world, appearing at the bottom of the moon stage's ramp.

An hour later, Luna finally stopped her magic. Almost immediately, she spun, her horn charged and a look of surprise and fear on her face. When she saw Slendy, she almost immediately calmed, but Slendy had seen the look of terror. And it saddened him.

"Slenderman! I did not see you, you startled me! How long have you been standing there?" Luna.

"Not long, Princess. I was just exploring and the shadows brought me here. I take it this is where you and you're sister raise and lower the moon and sun?" Slendy examined the stage more carefully.

"Um, y-yes. We built this place for a bit of formality. Most ponies can't find it; we've laced it with illusion magic to help keep unwanted ponies out. Of course, I take it that doesn't work on you?" Luna replied.

Slendy chuckled, which sounded surprisingly normal to Luna. "No, your highness, your magic does not seem to affect me."

"Yes." There was a moment of silence.

"You're night is remarkable tonight, Princess, one of your more spectacular ones, although when you went through your phase as Nightmare Moon your nights were breathtaking as well." Slendy said.

Luna blushed. "I didn't think anypony paid my nights any attention! And…you know about that?"

"Of course I did. I might have been away from civilization, but I could still feel when powerful magic is released. One such time was when you and your sister fought. I investigated and found out the story. I was very sorry for you and your sister’s loss and marveled at the perseverance you both showed through that difficult time."

"Thank you..?" Luna said, sounding more like a question than a statement of thanks.

"My pleasure." Slendy said, not noticing the difference in Luna’s tone.

There was another long moment of silence, through which Slendy walked to the middle of the circle.

"Princess, was it lonely on the moon?" Slendy asked.

"Slenderman, with all due respect, I'd rather not speak about it; at least not now."

Slenderman turned, startled. "Of course your highness; my apologies for my bluntness." Slendy.

Yet another moment of silence as neither party knew what to say.

"But it was very lonely." Quickly, Luna continued. "Why did you come to see me, Slenderman, may I help you?"

Slenderman thought for a moment. "No, not at all. I just came exploring and happened to find you. Although I must ask, how can I be head of security when the troops I need to command will fear me?"

Luna frowned. "I…I do not know. The personal troops that I have were chose on a personal basis over a period of many years. I trust them with my life, and they in turn entrust me with theirs."

Slendy nodded. "Then I shall seek out troops." Slendy gave Luna a searching glance, under which Luna visibly shivered. "Goodbye, Princess." Slendy sunk into the shadows and disappeared.

Author's Note:

Slendy's at home now. Now, lets get this story on the road!