• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 4,545 Views, 74 Comments

Slendy- Just Another Ancient Creature - Dragonfeith



Slendy, poor ol' Slendy. Stalking the Everfree Forest for 10,000 year can take a toll on both your memory and your spirit. But now, a favorite trio has decided to show up to make things a little more intresting. AN: R and R! A (now not so short)

  • ...
5
 74
 4,545

Chapter 6

Meeting with Shining Armor was an interesting affair. The male pony was obviously not pleased with the meeting, standing staunchly near a window where light poured in.

"Slenderman, I can tell you all I know; I can train you. I don't know if anything I do will help, but I will try. First, let us start with basic combat, shall we?"

Slendy could feel the Head of Guard shaking inside. It was obvious to Slenderman he had no interest in being present to train Slenderman.

"Of course Mr. Armor, let us begin."

Shining Armor took up position at one end of the large, empty hall that served as the training grounds, and Slendy took up position at the other.

"Now, Slenderman, I understand you know quite a bit of magic and combat skills. So, I won't go easy on you."

Slendy nodded.

Suddenly Shining Armor's horn blinked and he disappeared.

Slendy let himself fall into the shadows, and found Shining Armor about to appear next to him. He quickly moved towards the appearing pony and grabbed one of his hoofs with a dark tendril, pulling the front hoof out from under him while pushing his rear foreword. The Head of the Guard toppled over and landed on his back, two dark tendrils hanging loosely above his forehead and neck, looking very sharp.

"W-What the..? How did you..?" Shining Armor looked lost, and scared.

Slendy moved back, helping the pony to his feet.

"Um... Okay, I think we can cross combat off the list of training."

Slendy laughed. The sound echoed loosely around the room, and Shining Armor's knees buckled a little while he wished that he could be anywhere but with this creature.

A few minutes later, guards entered the room carrying stacks of books. All came and went as quickly as they could, much to the sadness of Slendy. He could sense their fear.

Shining Armor the entire time spoke to them, telling them to place this there and that here, and before long towers of
books sat around the room.

"Alright Slenderman, here is the next part of this, er, training: history." Shining Armor walked over to a pile of books and levitated a massive bound book out of the middle of the pile.

Turning and without looking up, Shining Armor began to read.

"In 3907 CE of this great land, the land known as Equestria was founded by a group of tribal leaders looking to expand. These tribal leaders were known as the Great 9. They each came from far corners of the land, and each brought a different type of knowledge.

“Three of the tribes came from the plains, and were farmers. They worked with the soil and the earth. They were the Earth Ponies.

“Three other tribes came from the mountains, and knew the air and its ways. They were the Pegasi."

“Another two Tribes came from the forest. These ponies used magic to fulfill their needs, and were the Unicorns.

“The last tribe, the tribe that throughout history ruled the Great 9, were beings from Deep Underground, and were remnants of a time forgotten. Or so this last Tribe's myths said. These myths, of course, also said ridiculous things such as the planet was not hundreds of thousands of years old but millions of years old.

“This tribe was the Alicorns."

Shining Armor looked up from the book to find Slenderman nowhere to be found. He looked around in confusion, then felt the book he held with his magic disappear. Then, all of the books in the room disappeared.

Shining Armor began to feel terrified. It was not an intelligent thought, he knew, but he could not resist the fear. It was as if an ancient, forgotten instinct placed by nature had re-manifested itself, screaming ‘Run, run, run as far and as fast as you can, and never return. There is danger here.’

The lights flickered. Shining Armor began to run for the closed door at the end of the room, but abruptly his legs and hoofs began to feel heavy. He struggled, and strained, sweat rolling off of him in streams. Then, it was too much, and the last thing he saw as he blacked out was Slenderman walking forward slowly, tendrils of darkness retracting from newly appeared books.

Slendy looked down at the pony, worried. He had just finished absorbing the knowledge stored in the books. He had not thought about what type of consequences his magic might have on other beings, a foolish mistake. He quickly opened the door to the room and teleported the two guards into the room.

"Get him to a doctor. I— My magic affected him in some way."

The two guards had no way of knowing that inside of Slendy's blank white face, he was crying.

Author's Note:

Onward to better things!