• Published 4th Jul 2013
  • 2,849 Views, 129 Comments

Ponyframe - SolidFerret

  • ...
25
 129
 2,849

We're as surprised as the rest of them

"And I want you to explain why it won't work ." Luna scolded.

"It's a sacrifice. I understand the the damage done to the planet but we don't have a choice." Lotus told her.

Celestia walked up from behind them. "Sister, I agreed with her. We have no choice." She told her sister.

Luna looked over to Louts, who only nodded her head. Celestia gave her a look that only told her the truth.

They had no choice.


Volt carried the sleeping colt in his arms as he watched over the children. They ran happily to their families, some parents in tears at the sight of their kids.

Volt felt an accomplishment at the sight of their smiles. It was as if something inside him was trying to get out. Could it had been a feeling of happiness. The cryo-sleep made him forget what it was to feel emotions. He and the others had struggled ever since they had finished training.

The priority was fighting for them, however.

Volt realized that he had to find Rumble's family as well. He had seen his brother and his friends. The two females adored the little foal. Volt felt another accomplishment coming if he returned the sleeping foal and have him wake up in their hooves.

So he took off, running along the rooftops on his tiptoes as he searched for them. He knew they wouldn't be far. If the families were to meet in one place for them to find their young ones, then they would be there as well.

Volt jumped from one roof and thought he saw the three walking over to the area. Volt was quite the ways away from them and took a running start to jump over to the next roof.

Rumble shook his head to wake himself up. He saw himself in an alley. Volt laid on the ground, trying to recover. Burn marks were on the walls near the roof of the houses.

What happened?

As Volt was jumping across, a grenade went off, knocking him down. He let go of Rumble for a moment before catching him and landing on the ground on his back so Rumble wouldn't be hurt.


"I think they found out we were there." Lotus said as she saw the amount of Corpus ships landing.

"What could have been on the data units?" Celestia asked.

"It appears the two were to meet in an hour here. Those units were info on us that the Corpus was willing to share. Now that we've stolen it, they''re here to take it back."

"To the safe room?"

"As always." Lotus said as Celestia and the two went back inside.

"Tenno, the Corpus are here. Stop them." She said.

Excalibur grabbed his Latron and his Lex and ran out with his Skana in hand to see a squad of Corpus. He quickly took them out and met up with Loki.

"What must we do?" Excalibur wondered out loud.

"They appear to only be in only small strength. Perhaps Anyo is here to lead them to get back the data units." Loki said as he shot one a crewman in the face.

"We must find him." Excalibur said.

The two ran off.


Rhino quickly tore through a walker and was blown away from a shockwave MOA. He got up and shot at it, the bullets tearing it to shreds.

Banshee blew them away with soundwaves as Ember burnt them to a crisp.

"Their numbers are quite small for this." Mag said as she finished off a crewman.

"Anyo always thought he could take us out with a small army." Nyx said.

The group looked over to see a team of crewmen retreating from a fight.

"There are no Tenno in that area." Ember said.

It was true, an infested leaped on top of a crewman and mauled him to death. The rest were swarmed on from rooftops and other paths. Most of them were killed.

"The Infested are here." Rhino said as he charged at them.


Frost quickly took out a crewman before jumping away, leaving Ash alone.

He simply looked at the group that surrounded him and quickly threw a shuriken at the first one that came to mind. That one fell dead as the others quickly opened fire.

In a burst of smoke, Ash was gone.

In a quick moment, he was behind a crew man as he stabbed him. He teleported to the next target and slashed him up with his dual fangs.

He turned and shot the next crewman, leaving them all dead.

Ash ran on the rooftops to find a squad of Grineer attacking a pony.

"Rainbow Dash." He said as he identified the pony.

"You're done for." The Commander taunted as he was ready to pull the trigger.

"No she's not." Ash said, catching his attention.

Ash teleported to the closest marine, he stabbed him and jumped off his chest in and disappeared.. He appeared crouching beneath a marine as he stabbed him upward with the first fang and downwards as he jumped above him with the other one. In another appearance, he stabbed the next marine. He teleported to the next one and sliced his head off.

The Commander only had ten seconds to run while Ash was killing his team.

Rainbow Dash was amazed by how fast the team was wiped out. Ash's speed was incredible. She ran over to him.

"Man, you were awesome!" She exclaimed.

"Are you okay?" Ash asked.

"Yeah yeah, i'm fine. but you gotta tell me your secret as to how you did that." Rainbow jumped up and down like an excited filly.

"It is not important, it is only my abilities within my Warframe." Ash told her as he instructed her to go to the safe house.


"Excalibur, Loki, the infestation, while small, is attacking ponies. We need you two to stop what's left of them." Lotus ordered.

"Understood." Loki said as they ran over to see them. An Ancient Disrupter held Twilight while trying to fight Flash Sentry.

"There it is."

"That's the one. Kill it." Lotus said.

Twilight struggled as she tried to breath in the grasp of the Disrupter. Flash could only do so much with a spear in his mouth.

Excalibur nodded at Loki as the two jumped down. The tentacle was sliced off as the two landed. Twilight fell down and was helped up by her guard.

The wounded creature roared in pain. Taking his spear and remembering the rage from earlier, Flash yelled a battle cry as he took his spear and ran it into the creatures head. Blood sprayed on the pony, who ignored it and drove the spear in even deeper.

The Ancient Disrupter fell down dead. Loki and Excalibur looked at each other before telling two to get to safety.

"We have more trouble. While the infested were dealt with, they were brought here by the Grineer." Lotus said.

"Why are they here?"

"They must believe the Corpus are turning on them, due to the missing data. The Corpus have decided to leave for now though, leaving the Grineer for us to deal with."

"What is our objective?" Excalibur asked.

"Regroup... hold on. something is coming for you two."

The two looked up to see a giant flying drone hover in front of them.

"It's Raptor." Excalibur said as he drew his blade.

"Targets found. Proceeding with given orders." It stated before opening fire on the two. They ran to cover quickly.

"Lotus, the Corpus sent Raptor."

"Yes, it's targeting the Tenno, it found you two first. Take it down." She said.

"Understood. Loki, distract it for me. I will take care of it."

"Got it." Loki said as he ran out of cover and quickly deployed the decoy.

Raptor saw it and went to the ground to shoot at it. It filled the decoy with bullets, hoping to obliterate it's target.

Excalibur jumped from the top of a building and landed on Raptor, he jammed his sword into where he had landed. A systems failure warning was said from the robot as it crashed into the ground.

"Systems... failing... unable to shutdown. Systems... failing." It said, shaking from the damage.

Loki put a single bullet in the robot, killing it.

A scream was heard as the sound of a dropship landed.

"A hostage, perhaps." Excalibur said as the two ran off. They followed the source to see Flitter being dragged onto a ship with rumble following. Volt chased after him.

The two jumped down to join Volt.


Volt stayed quiet. The fight was nearly over, another victory for them. Rumble bickered to get to his family.

"I understand your anxiousness. I, however, must keep you safe. We will be safe here." Volt told him.

"Rumble?" A female voice said.

"Flitter!" Rumble shouted excitedly. Volt knew he should have been quiet.

"Yes! It's me!" She exclaimed. She rounded the corner and stopped to see her favorite colt in the safe arms of a Tenno.

Flitter began to run before disappearing, being replaced with a Grineer Commander. Flitter was heard screaming as a dropship landed.

"Another one in the bag." He commented.

'Another one?' thought Volt.

There were more hostages then usual. Volt got up but Flitter appeared with a gun to her head.

"Not a thing from you, Tenno." He spat. "Or she dies."

Volt went back down. Sitting there, only being able to watch.

Rumble tried his best not to cry, Flitter screamed as she was dragged by her neck. The sight instead drove him to courage.

"I can be brave and strong." He thought, "Just like the Tenno." He said as he ran after her, Leaving Volt.

"Don't." He said to him. He ran after him as Loki and Excalibur joined him.

"Is he trying to rescue her?" Excalibur asked.

"Yes."

The bay doors opened to show Captain Vor there. Fluttershy was tied up, crying as he dragged her.

"Another hostage, good." He praised as the team brought on Flitter. He looked over to see Rumble jump aboard. Vor laughed at him before looking over to see the three Warframes running at them.

"Tenno." He pointed as the team retreated inside, save for the commander.

The Commander realized they made the mistake of leaving him alone to deal with the three while leaving Flitter out as well.

"I have you now." Loki said as he jumped above him and raised his blade.


"Excalibur," Lotus paced back and fourth in front of him. "You need to tell me what happened."


Excalibur jumped on the ship along with Volt.


"Loki's death is not on your hands. I just need to know what happened."


A shadow rose from the ground in front of the Grineer Commander. In one swift move, he swung his scythe upwards. Loki was stabbed through the chest as the blade went through the ceiling.

The dark figure turned towards Rumble. Any bravery the colt felt before was replaced with fear.

"You..." It's voice could whispered in his ear from a mile away. "show bravery. But it goes to waste."

Volt swung his dagger at him, being blocked and countered. The figure swung the hilt of the scythe to beat Volt before he kicked him off the ship.

Excalibur swung his blade. The dark figure never moved as he blocked that as well.

"Who are you?" Excalibur asked.

"You."

Excalibur remembered seeing the ship leave through an opening in the sky. He forgot how he ended up on the edge of Canterlot along with Volt.

"No! They're being taken to the Void!" It was Lotus's turn to panic.

"Where?"

Lotus turned to Celestia. "We''re gonna need a key.

Back on the ship, The Stalker turned to the Grineer Commander.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"The determiner of fate. The revenge you don't take." He said as he faded away.


Excalibur stood up and faced Lotus.

"Lotus, perhaps you tell me." He said.