• Published 4th Jul 2013
  • 2,839 Views, 129 Comments

Ponyframe - SolidFerret

  • ...
25
 129
 2,839

Now that we have that taken care of

Edge laid in the hospital bed, trying to sleep away his new scars.

"He practically began to use his very life force to fight and escape." Lotus explained as Fluttershy rubbed his mane.

"We are grateful, Everest was dealt with." Ash said.

"Yes, but unfortunately, they still have the missing elements. And if I know the Grineer, they're going to try and steal the remaining." Lotus stated.

"Then we must plan for the next attack." Celestia said as the two walked out.

Excalibur walked over to the hospital bed. He had seen his friend lose control whenever he fought, yet it seemed as though even his darker side was brought out by something else.

"Sharp Edge, do you know why you behaved the way you did when you fought?" He asked.

Edge looked up at him, Fluttershy still laid her head on his chest.

"I don't know. It's like someone else told me to give in." He said. Fluttershy cried a little and hugged him tighter.

"A voice?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yeah, not mine. A voice that spoke of nothing but Despair, Dread, and Hate." Edge said as he laid back down. He put a hoof on Fluttershy to comfort her.

Excalibur went into deep thought to think. "That is... interesting." He commented.

"Go Excalibur. " Edge said as he began to drift back to sleep. "They need you."

Excalibur nodded and walked out the door. Fluttershy stayed for a while.

"Get well soon." She said as she walked out. She saw Frost standing there.

"Oh... hi." She said quietly.

"Greetings." His voice had a chill to it aside with the emotionless tone. "I am only here to check on an ally." He told her.

"You consider Edge an... ally." She said, shocked that they had a bond.

"Of course. He and Excalibur fought together. He bravely sacrificed himself for him as well and killed Captain Everest. The Tenno are grateful to him."

Fluttershy could just jump for joy. She never knew one of her friends would have a high honor in the ranks of an alien warriors.

The two walked in and turned on the lights. Edge had fallen asleep quite fast. He laid, only his chest that rose up and down gave signs of natural life.

"You are a good fighter. You fight well on the battlefield and in the mind of your own. You have the respect of the Tenno. We wish you a well recovery."

Fluttershy bowed her head after she saw Frost do it. She began to whimper a little as tears fell.

Suddenly, she flinched when she felt something come into contact on her head. Frost petted her. It was that simple yet she never knew a Tenno would do such a kind act.

"I understand the pain you feel right now. But I know you can get through this." Frost said as he left the room.

Fluttershy thought heavily on those words as she walked out.


"Now what's the nest plan?" Celestia bickered as she and Lotus paced around the throne room.

"We clearly need to take down the leaders." Lotus said as the moon shined down on them.

"But we need the Elements of Harmony, they could stop all of this."

Lotus sighed and looked at Princess Celestia. She felt bad for the poor mare. She hadn't slept or rested since they all arrived.

"I'm not sure how these elements work but I don't think they will work. You're going to have to trust us to defeat them."

"YOU THINK I WANT TO THINK THAT!" Celestia shouted suddenly, evoking Banshee, who was on guard for the two.

The Princess began to sob madly on her throne.

"I know you're not used to all of this. And believe me, if I could make it go away, I would." Lotus told her friend. "But the ugly truth is out there."

"Oh why oh why!" Celestia sobbed.

"If their numbers keep growing, they'll all be here." Lotus said.

"Then what do we do?" Celestia pleaded.

Lotus turned to face her. "I have a plan."


"YOU PLAN TO WHAT!"

"I know it seems crazy, but it just might work."

Luna shook her head erratically. "There isn't any chance that it will happen."

Lotus only smirked. "Alright, be that way."


"Alright, we are simply going to recon the Corpus's warship." lotus instructed the team.

Frost, Loki, Rhino, Nyx walked into the pods on the balcony.

"Lotus, why not send Volt for once?" Rhino asked.

"He is stuck with guard duty with the young ones. They took a liking to him." Lotus said as the pods closed.

"One wonders to why the foals have grown attached to a Tenno?" Nyx said.

"He saved them. It seems logical." Ash said as the pods took off.


Volt stood guard as the foals stood sound asleep. They all slept in hopes that they would wake up to it all being over.

Volt knew the duties would require little to no rest. A Tenno never rested, only waited.

As for inside, little Rumble quietly climbed out of bed. He hoped to sneak back to where Thunderlane or Flitter was staying. All he wanted was to sleep win their warm embrace that made him feel safe.

He cracked the door open to see the coast was clear. He opened it a little, careful when it creaked, and slipped out and quietly closed it.

He looked up to see Volt watching the night sky. While he liked Volt, he felt safer with family. Rumble rounded the corner and yelped when he came face to face with Volt.

"Remain quiet." He instructed.

"Alright, I will." Rumble said nervously. Volt simply lead him back to the room.

"Can you not sleep?" Volt asked. Rumble was surprised. He expected to be told to go back to bed like normally.

"No, I can't." Rumble faked sounding restless, though it may not have worked.

"It is understandable." Volt said. The Tenno bent down and offered to carry Rumble.

The colt took the offer and felt himself lift from the ground. He clung to Volt but was told to let go after one second.

He was on the roof with him.

"Thanks."

"You are welcome. I predict the Grineer won't strike for a while. I just find the view enjoyable. Feel free to relax." Volt said as he looked up at the moon and stars.

Rumble made himself comfy and looked at the stars. For once, he felt relaxed. He looked over to Volt, who didn't move a muscle.

The view was actually peaceful enough to convince a pony that there wasn't an all out war going on.

"Are you afraid of the possibility of defeat?" Volt asked.

Rumble was a bit taken back by the question. "Yes. But I know you guys can do it." He said to boost morale.

"I am confident with our abilities to defeat them. I am merely troubled by the loss of Vauban." Volt said.

"That doesn't mean you guys will stop." Rumble said.

Volt looked at him and simply said "We know nothing of the word that means giving up."


The morning was greeted with four dropships returning. The four jumped off with four data units.

"Far to easy. Never knew we were there." Loki said. The four gave the units to Lotus. She formed her setup and went to work with them.

Celestia was impressed with their skills to remain undetected. She was about to as Lotus about it when she was stopped by her hand.

"We're going to have to use my plan." she said.

"Absolutely not." Celestia sighed. It was to early to deal with this.

"Yes, it says that they plan to ascend their ships to higher altitude to avoid damaging the surface of the planet." Lotus stated.

Celestia knew there was no other way.

"We can but, it will be ready in seven days." she said.

"Looks like we'll have to keep fighting." Lotus said as the setup went away.

"Lotus, if I may ask, what is the plan?"

"Simple Ash, if Celestia and Luna can raise the sun and moon, I want to use them to wipe out the forces while they're up there."