• Published 4th Jul 2013
  • 2,849 Views, 129 Comments

Ponyframe - SolidFerret

  • ...
25
 129
 2,849

It can only be a minor setback.

Twilight looked at the mysterious figures before. They stood without emotions, a face, and seemed to be aware of what was happening without showing it.

"Impressive, aren't they." Lotus said.

Frost and the others stood still as ponies examined them with curiosity. They attempted to ask them questions, none receiving a response.

Flash Sentry stood near Twilight, ready to defend her at a moments notice. Ash snapped his head in their direction, causing Flash to panic and stab at him with his spear. The very edge was caught in between the edge of Ash's fingers. Flash gasped at the sight, some of the heavy sweat on his brow flew off. Lotus walked up from behind and smirked.

"They are not here to harm you. Though, they understand the hostility and will look at that as training for oncoming attacks."

"How do you know all of this?" He asked.

"Simple, I have trained them, studied their very thoughts. Their skills may be a wonderful combat performance, but they have a high intelligence in doing so."

"So, why don't they talk."

"We posses the ability of speech. We, however, only find it necessary in certain situations. Such as, answering your question."

Flash took a second to register the fact that a Tenno talked to him.

"Well, where did those four go?" Twilight asked.

"To take the fight back to Captain Everest. Speaking of, I believe they are arriving there by now." Lotus walked into the classroom and started her setup.

"Tenno, can you hear me?" She asked.

Nyx responded with her silent call to avoid alerting enemies.

"Good, with you on Everest's ship undetected, we can easily take care of this." Lotus did the odds in her head, they could easily finish off the forces on that ship.

"Tenno, you have a mission. Wipe out the units on that ship."

"You're wish is my command." Excalibur said as he dropped from the ceiling.

Nyx fell down as well, the two nodded at each other with Vauban and Banshee behind them.

"Wipe out all life on this ship." Lotus said as they started to move.

"Keep going, nobody noes you're on this vessel."

Meanwhile, in the other room, a small team of Grineer went about their patrols.

"So anything?"

"No, not yet."

"Keep an eye out. Captain knows they're coming."

Banshee looked at her teammates. "They appear to be in high alert. How should we proceed?"

"We make sure none get loose," Vauban said. "I'll set traps at the doors." He said.

The team agreed and waited until they were for sure no one was looking. Soon, they snuck in, without hope that their targets wouldn't turn around.

In one, synchronized move, the Grineer fell dead without a sound.

"Simple, lets move." Excalibur commented.

Just as the four ran into the next room, they were seen by the Grineer, giving them away.

"You're on the sensors now. You've been detected." Lotus said to them.

"No matter." Banshee said as she charged the fray of marines.

Vauban stuck to his shotgun and gunned down oncoming Grineer. Nyx did her business of trickery while Excalibur attacked with his blade.

With the room cleared for the moment, the team moved rather quickly. But with the next room, they made a rather strange discovery.

The Grineer were already fighting. From the looks, they were losing.

"That isn't right." Vauban said.

"Tenno, change of plans. Find and kill Captain Everest." She said.

"If I know a ship, Everest will be at the bridge." Nyx said.

"Lets move then." Banshee said.

The team ran through the door to see not a grineer, but a robot walker that shot at them.

"I should have guessed, the Corpus is here." Banshee stated.

"Lotus, we have a problem The Corpus seem to have wanted their ship back." Excalibur said.

"Teams are in high alert, though I'd rather not announce it publicly and cause a scare." She said back.

"Roger."

"Lets move, unless they killed him, Everest should still be alive."

The team moved, though most of the fighting was with the Grineer and Corpus, making it easier for them to move with minimal engagement.

Though it appeared to easy for them as Nyx pointed out to the team.

"You're right." Excalibur agreed "Though one can assume that this fight between them is the cause."

"Perhaps, though we can find another reason. Everest should be on the other side of the door."

The four rushed in to find something that shocked all of them.

It wasn't that Everest was gone, it was what was outside the window.

A second Grineer ship was in a battle with a Corpus ship.

"Lotus, we have a problem."

"I see it. Everypony on the ground see's it. It's night, whole damn ground is getting light from the battle."

"What are our plans?"

"Is Everest there?"

"No. He clearly fled. From what we can see, he called for help. What about on the ground?"

"We are obviously in full defense. Celestia goes on about something called the "Elements of Harmony." Should ask her about. Right now, you need to focus on getting the hell out of there. It looks as though both sides are going in after you. Deployment wise, it looks like the odds of them running into each other are slim compared to finding you."

"It will be done." Excalibur looked to his team. "We're leaving."

"No, you're not." A deep, robotic voice said.

"Sgt. Nef Anyo. Responsible for taking cryopods with inactive Warframes." Vauban said.

"Thanks for the history update. Though, time for you to join your brothers."

Excalibur ran at him, jumping into the air and kicking him in the face.

"Not today, Sergeant." He said as the rest of the team ran, not paying attention to stomping on him as well.

"Nice one, Tenno," He taunted. "But we'll see each other again."

The team went as fast as they could. Bullets and plasma were dodged or cut in order to escape. Extraction wasn't hard to find. The team walked in and ignored the gunfire directed at them as they pulled away.

Author's Note:

Not feelin it right now.