• Published 4th Jul 2013
  • 1,058 Views, 19 Comments

The Fabled Adventures of Trixie Lulamoon - Lastofakind



A Fable/MLP crossover staring the show pony Trixie as she is made into a hero... though a long and dangerous adventure.

  • ...
4
 19
 1,058

Welcome to a new land

Meanwhile in Equestria

Princess Celestia's eyes grew wide as she finally entered the throne room. Luna's guards were bound and lined against one of the walls. Spears pointed at them as their eyes kept to the ground.

“Tell us why!” One of her guards boomed.

“We were looking out for one of our own...” A female guard of the night spoke with a growl.

“Orders where to place him under arrest along with the other three.”

“Under what charges?” Cried an older male night guard. “We don't put innocent ponies in our cells!”

“You dare question and disobey orders from Princess Celestia?”

“Enough!” Celestia boomed. “Release them at once! Where is my sister?”

“Excuse me your highness...” An orange unicorn with a checklist Cutie Mark said with a bow as he entered the room behind her. “I asked your guards to hold her in her room. When you responded to my letter with orders to have the three trouble makers and that disobedient guard arrested I took immediate action with use of your men.”

“My orders were to hold them in there rooms till I returned.” Celestia then said in a surprisingly calm tone. “I said nothing about arresting them!”

“Do forgive me your highness. They were too violent to be honest! The griffin herself threaten to rip my throat out before I wrote you. I only took your orders to a higher level to not only keep you and your sister safe but your guest as well.”

“You fool! Do you know what you caused!” The princess scream.

“Why don't you tell us dear sister?” Princess Luna almost growled. “Tell us all what your keeping secret from us!”

Celestia lowered her gaze before heading to the center of the room. “I was hoping for Twilight to finish her study’s before something like this happen. Dear sister... do you remember the banishment of Albion?”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



As Trixie entered the wagon she was relieved to find Gilda sitting on a pillow near the back. Dirk had his armor off as he looked over his blades. He looked up with a smile as the two mares entered. “Good to see your in one piece.” He said as the elder mare waited for everyone to settle in.

“Barely...” Trixie returned as she sat next to him. Octavia joined Gilda in the back.

“I'm sorry if it seems that all you keep getting the short end of the stick.” The elder mare started.

“Hey how about you tell us who you are and where the hell we're at?” Gilda boomed.

“My name is Theresa; you are in the nation of Albion. This land has long been banished from the same realm as Equestria by Queen Gaia long before her daughters took rule for her.” She paused as everyone kept silent.

No one even blinked until everyone in unison said “What?”

She chuckled to herself as she started for the door. “Lore can explain for me.” She then open it just as if Lore himself was about to reach for it. “Could you please explain what brought them to this realm for me?”

“Um yeah... I came here to do that actually. Everyone outside please.” Lore escorted the group down the hill opposite of the gypsy camp. Harpy lay in the back of a wagon as he watched the clouds. When the group came down he pulled the same silver orb from his coat. Opening it he took out a yellow crystal. “Years ago these started appearing in clusters.” He then threw it out into the open as a large, blue, electrical surge exploded. Everyone jumped but the two male griffins. “They hold a magical energy able of copying unicorn spells if used right. The crystal that blue unicorn there hit with her magic was rare. We stole it from the Specter's a few days ago. The spell it copy's is unlike anything kept on record. It's able to open a rift between your realm and ours. Yet it's only able to do this for three beings at a time. Her hitting it with a spell however apm up the effects.” Trixie slumped at this.

“So it's my fault we're here...” Both Gild and Octavia looked over to her.

“I-it was an accident... you where trying to stop them from getting away.” Octavia said with heavy smile.

“Yeah don't get yourself too worked up over it.” Gilda added as she nudged Trixie. Earning a grin from the blue mare.

Lore cleared his throat. “Mind if I continue? Like I said... rare...” He then put the orb back in his coat. “The last mining of it was in the Citadel. Test with it are very limited as well. Last one recorded dates back almost a thousand years. Kind of a shame... this freak accident is the most eyeopening to what they can do.”

“So all we need is to get more of that and we can go home?” Octavia asked.

“Hello! R-a-r-e... rare!”

This point Harpy claimed down from the wagon, his weapon on his back. He ignored the glares from Gilda as he pointed to a tree. “Watch that spot right there.” Taking his weapon to his shoulder he pointed it at the tree. Cocking back the mechanical part he pulled the trigger as a loud crack filled the air. The trunk of the tree bust and splintered, leaving a large hole in it. The group kept silent as he held it up over his head. “This is called a rifle. I can tell by the way you guys talk about it you never seen one before. This is what I shot you two with that night. It can hit a moving target at one hundred yards. In the holds of a trained soldier it can hit farther then that. Mine can be fired four times before being reloaded. It is expensive and rarely used outside of the military unless you got the cash.” He then reached into his backpack and took what look like a smaller version of his rifle. “This is a pistol... it can hit a target from half that of the rifle unless your me.” He aimed at the tree and fired it as the same affect happen. “This is a military grade weapon that can fire twice before reloading. Point I'm getting at is these weapons are used by the Specters. Getting another means having to fight a endless army with these. We barely made it out alive with a group of fifteen. We had to use a crystal just to escape. The only survivors... Bringing us to this point.”

“Your military?” Trixie asked.

“We are part of a resistance who have been trying to take down the Citadel's control. As of late its been a stand still.”

“Then your telling us there is no way for us to get home? We are stuck here!” Gild exclaimed.

“We... may have a way to get you home.” Lore quickly added. “It's a long shot and we will need time to work on it.”

“What then?” Trixie asked.

“There are ways to grow the crystals. The effects aren't as strong but a copy of one might work if we try.”

“So till then...” Octavia started to ask.

“Till then we are going to make sure your safe as we find the information we need.” Lore finished.

Harpy grumbled something under his breath.

“What was that?” Gilda snapped.

“I'm...” He grumbled some more. “I'm... kinda... Why the hell did I end up in this kind of crap!”

“He's trying to say sorry for shooting you two and that he is going to try and make it up. Right?” Lore said as Harpy grumbled some more. “Those gypsy’s agree to let us hide in their camp for a few night's.

“What about your resistance? Don't the two of you need to get back to your fight?” Dirk asked.

“You're our responsibility... we don't need you guys getting killed because you don't know how this land works.” Harpy answered as he started for the camp.

Lore sighed as he watched his friend walk away. Theresa was walking down the hill towards the group. Trixie ran over to her. Her teeth greeted as she was face to face with her “How dose this work? Why drag them into this? I-I never wanted anypony to be in danger because of me! That weapon... it... a-and magic with out unicorns...”

“This land is going though some dark times indeed. As Lore and Harpy have yet to explained the Citadel and their Specters have enslaved most of Albion. Though there are those who choose to fight back.”

“But why us? Why them? Couldn't it have been just me?”

“You will understand as you continue your time here why going alone isn't the way to find what your looking for. Soon you will come to make choices that will affect this world greatly. Far more then you will even understand at the time.” Trixie started to cry only to have Theresa wipe her tears away. “But that strong will of yours should pull you through. As much as I want to give you the answers you alone must find them. Only then will you grow into the Hero I can see you as...” Trixie quickly gathered herself as Octavia and Gilda joined them.

“You okay love?”

“Hey we should rest up for now. Kinda funny as all we seem to do is get knocked out.” Gilda ended with a chuckle.

“I'll join you guys in a bit. I need some time alone...”

“I'm sorry to say that maybe a bad idea.” Dirk started as Lore followed behind him. “You saw those weapons. Stay close to the camp.”

“I wasn't about to walk aimlessly around the woods or anything.” Trixie grumbled.

“If anything tomorrow I should teach you three how to handle a sword. Also I can't believe I'm saying this but... that rifle and pistol thing might come in handy as well.” Dirk said as he got Lore's attention.

“Might not be a bad idea. I'll have Harpy get a few training tools.”

“This sounds like where getting ready to stay here for the long run.” Octavia said with a worried look.

“Me and Harpy are going to do everything we can to get you guys home. You have our word on that!” Lore exclaimed. “Just... well let's keep it at your visiting at a bad time. Learning how to fight should help balance the odds better.”

“You don't sugar coat things very well...” Gilda commented.

“I'm not trying to...”

“If we're going to start training tomorrow then I might as well join those guys back at the party.” Gilda then started back up the hill.

“That's going to go well... train with a hangover. I'd give anything for a cup of tea right now though.” Octavia said as she followed. “You coming Trixie?” She then stopped as she looked back at the blue mare.

Theresa only smiled as Trixie followed her new friend. “Train well hero...”