• Published 4th Jul 2013
  • 1,058 Views, 19 Comments

The Fabled Adventures of Trixie Lulamoon - Lastofakind



A Fable/MLP crossover staring the show pony Trixie as she is made into a hero... though a long and dangerous adventure.

  • ...
4
 19
 1,058

Moment of Rest

A few moans came from Trixie as she woke in her hospital bed. Looking over at the bed next to her Gilda was sleeping with a book resting on her chest. The moon light filled the room enough so Trixie could see the bandage around her wing and waist. She went to sit up as her head started to spin again. The second time she managed to get on her hooves as she went to the window. Looking out at the moon she took a deep breath, thankful she made it out of the woods. Looking over to her wagon she let out a second yet deeper, longer sigh at the sight of her broken home.

"You did very well out there." A voice said from the left side of the window. Trixie jumped as the elder mare stood before her.

"Y-You set me up! I could have been killed!"

"I only hinted to where you should go."

"Well I didn't find anything but a bunch of hungry timber wolves!"

"You sure, I think you found something very valuable."

Gilda yawned as she started to sit up. Trixie looked back at the Griffin as she gave a weak smile. "Thanks for saving my tail out there."

"You should be thanking Iron Will. If it wasn't for him we would have been wolf chow. But you should tell this-" looking back out for the elder mare, she was gone. "W-wait, she was right here!"

"You sure you're feeling alright?"

"The old mare that told me to look out in those woods was here."

"Yeah, I was going to ask you about why you were out there. Everyone knows that neck of the woods is dangerous. Also... please lay off the third person. It's very annoying."

Trixie went back to her bed and sat down. "I was looking for something that could make me more powerful."

"But you found me instead?" Gilda huffed at this. "Anyway I'm thankful you stopped to help me out. Your better than some other lame ponies around here. Still don't think I owe you anything." Trixie bit her lip as they were silent. "So I'm guessing your heading home after this?"

"My wagons broke, I'm going to have to find a place to stay till it's fixed."

"We're in Ponyville, I don't think you're going to have much luck here."

"I know..." Again they went silent as a nurse entered the room.

"Hello, it's good to see you two are finally awake; I am nurse Redheart. Both of you were in rough shape before coming here. Trixie Lulamoon we... are going to have to move your wagon away from the hospital. We were waiting for you to wake up to see what you wanted to do with it. I can have it sent to get fixed if you want. Also I had your belongings taken down to the basement so they would be safe."

"I can pull it out of town myself and hopefully fix it."

"Oh no, the doctor wants you to stay another day to make sure your healthy. You pushed yourself way too hard out there."

"Trixie will do just fine! She is more than capable of wa-" As Trixie went to stand up she found herself starting to fall.

"You need to get back to bed! I'll have your wagon moved to the back of the hospital for now."

"Can I at least get a few things out of my belongings?"

Redheart paused for a bit. "I guess it wouldn't hurt, long as I go with you."

Gilda picked up her book as Trixie was lead to the stairs leading to the basement. After Redheart unlocked the door Trixie looked though the boxes her books and other belonging were in. After finding her cape she took off the gem. Next she took a locked chest out from behind the boxes and a key that was hidden inside a book. Once she unlocked the chest she took a large, very decorative blue book. "Is that all you need?" Redheart asked.

"Yes, as long as I know these two things are safe then Trixie is fine. Thank you for letting me get these."

"I'll take you back to your room them. By the way you had a friend come visit a few times when you were still unconscious."

"What, oh you mean Iron Will?"

"No he left a day after bringing you in to making sure you two were all right. It was Twilight Sparkle."

"W-what? You must be mistaken, why would she come see me?"

"She came by every day to see how you were doing. Yesterday she stayed by your side till visiting hours were over."
Trixie didn't say a word as Redheart escorted her back to her room. A flood of mixed feelings washed over her as memories of the Ursa Minor incident flashed though her mind.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gilda was getting bored as she stared up a the ceiling. She looked over at Trixie as she read the book she brought back with her. "Hey, want to trade books? I already read mine."

Trixie chuckled as she closed the book. "I doubt you'll find this interesting at all." She levitated the book over to Gilda and watched as she looked it over for a title before starting to read it.

"This book is written in quill."

"It was written by my mother. In fact this how she got her cutie mark. A lot of those first pages she rewrote from when she was a filly."

"Gezz... so this whole chapter of basic spells are ones she learn as a kid hu?"

"Well... of course. It's why I spent my life growing up on the road as well. My mother believed the best school for magic was life itself. We traveled from town to town and my mother..." Trixie paused as she let a smile fill her cheeks. "She had a way with others. They seem become drawn to her. The way they would open up and shared their knowledge with her amazed me. That book was to be my mother's master peace. Every book she wrote up to that point crammed into one."

Gilda flipped to the more advanced spells. The pages were blank except for page and chapter numbers. "Looks like she didn't finish it."

"I don't think she was ever happy with the idea of ending it. She always found new spells to add. I guessed she just kept it as her references guide for her other books. Though why end there even I'm not sure."

"How many books did she put out?"

"Around Twenty..." Trixie then sat back up. "I think the last book she put out was right before we parted ways."

"Parted ways?"

"When I was thirteen she told me she had to leave for something very important. She left me the wagon and all of the money she saved up. Last memory I have of her is..." Gilda raised a brow as the blue mare paused. "I don't want to talk about it anymore..."

Closing the book Gilda set it down on the bed stand next to the blue gem. "Kind of wack story there." Trixie just gave a chuckle. "Hey when we get out of here you can stay at my place. I don't live in a cloud like the rest of Cloudsdale so you should be fine."

Trixie lay back down in her bed. "I thought you didn't owe me anything?"

"I don't! I was going to let you stay seeing as your wagon is busted up." The Griffin yelled before taking a deep breath. "You want to stay or not?"

Before Trixie could answer the two heard the doctors and nurses yelling. A group of four dark blue colts with bat wings in purple and blue armor burst through the door. "Gilda Sharpfeather; by the order of Princess Luna we are to bring you in for questioning." The caption barked.

"Questioning, for what?" Gilda screamed as she started out of her bed.

"There was an attack on a royal guard of Princess Luna sharing the same wounds. You were both attacked around the same area of the woods. We want to know what happen that night."

"All I know was that lighting hit me! I'm not going anywhere with you bozos! "

"Come with us peacefully or we will have no choice to place you under arrests!"

Trixie could see that Gilda was itching for a fight at this point. Yet at the same time she felt how scared she was. "Hold on! Gilda if it helps I'll go with you."

Gilda looked over to her as she started to calm down. "Fine... this is a waste of time though."
Trixie gathered her book and gem as the guards helped Gilda stay on her feet. Nurse Redheart tried to stop the guards.

"Those two are not healthy enough to be taken out of the hospital!"

"We are under orders to bring Gilda in right away. No if, and or buts!" She was then pushed aside as they took booth girls to the carriages waiting outside.