• Published 17th Feb 2012
  • 1,873 Views, 38 Comments

And I quote! - Karrakaz



short stories based on interesting quotations from people and ponies alike.

  • ...
5
 38
 1,873

Take, Love. by Wilhelm II

Author: Wilhelm II
Quotation: "Give them nothing take from them everything." ~Leonidas.

Dizty was not a happy mare.
Sure the name calling and recent muffin shortages were bad, but that wasn't the reason this time.
For being the only mailmare in Ponyville, Dizty prided herself on been able to deliver everypony's mail, even if she wrecked half the town doing it.
But there was one resident who she had never been able to deliver a letter for, the local librarian and element of magic.
Dizty knew that she was sending and receiving mail, the whole smarty-pants issue proved it, but she had not clue as to how, that was until yesterday.

It had been a warm day and Dizty was having a picnic in the park with Dinky, where she saw Twilight and friends laughing and holding a scroll, she was just about to fly over and deliver it when she saw a sight that made her incandescent with rage, for before her very eyes, the letter was sent away by a flick of green fire coming from Twilights dragon, Spike.
Ditzy had sat there gob-smacked, this lizard was stealing her job!
And so she plotted and waited for the right time to strike.
Which brought us back to the present day, Dizty was hovering outside Twilight's window, waiting for her to try and send some mail, and to her delight, saw that she had just finished a letter and was calling for Spike, thinking quickly in order to save her job, Dizty flew straight into the glass window, her momentum shattering the glass into tiny specs of light and sending her across the room, to Twilights feet, where she let out a weak cry.
"Mail service."

--

"Our job is to ensure that the balance never tips too far to the wrong side. And there is one more thing you can do which will make certian that it never does: you can love." ~ Tinia

These were words that Ditzy Remembered and understood quite well.
She had just returned from Twilight's, the unicorn had been reluctant to trust her with the mail, and instead she had been sent her on her way with a hamper of muffins, but they weren't enough to help banish the feelings of uselessness that coarsed through her veins, the only thing that she was good at, had just been taken from her by a upstart lizard.
A single tear rolled down her soft kind features, slashing into the mud bellow, creating a series of ripples across its surface, ruining its peace and stabilty.

Just like me. Thought Ditzy, before entering her humble home, and what she saw in the middle, melted her heart, for there lying on the rugs was her little muffin, Dinky.
Ditzy smiled as she carried her little baby into her bed, but as she was about to leave she spotted a drawing of her and Dinky having a picnic in the park and on the back was a note in Dinky's hoof writing: "Dear, mama, I wuv u, your the best mama I could have."
Ditzy looked back at her sleeping angel, her eyes watering, "I love you too muffin."
For Ditzy knew that no matter what she broke or what people said, she would always be perfect to her little muffin.