• Published 2nd Oct 2011
  • 2,445 Views, 71 Comments

And So it Ended, and So it Begins Again - Wheller



A certain pony wakes up in Whitetail Wood, and discovers memories of another life, she struggles to understand the how and why of it all, fortunately, a certain Princess of the Night takes notice and helps her to discover the truth.

  • ...
6
 71
 2,445

Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Vinyl sat on Derpy’s sofa listening to the sounds of the Pegasus mare fumbling around her kitchen.

“No! No! Stop! That’s not what you’re supposed to do!” Derpy cried amongst sounds of cracking, snapping, and smashing, and one noise that sounded suspiciously like something catching on fire.

“Is everything okay in there?” Vinyl asked. Derpy did not give her an answer. “Should I get a bucket?”

“Yes! Everything is fine!” Derpy said. Vinyl heard flames cut through the quiet air. “Never mind, The Salad just caught fire.”

Vinyl grinned as she listened to Derpy dumping a bucket of water on the meal she was preparing in order to extinguish the flames. Her ears perked up as the Pegasus mare trotted into the room, the sound of defeat in her steps.

“It’s the thought that counts,” Vinyl said, placing her foreleg around the mare’s shoulder as she sat down next to her.

“I just wanted to impress you...” Derpy said sadly.

“Little miss muffin, you already have,” Vinyl said, kissing Derpy gently on her forehead. She didn’t need to be able to see to know the mare was smiling brightly at her.

The front door opened, and then quickly shut behind it.

“Mum! I’m home!” cried the voice of a filly. “Did you set the kitchen on fire again?”

Vinyl heard Dinky as she walked into the room and froze; Vinyl figured that she was probably shy like her mother was.

“Dinky, this is my friend Vinyl Scratch,” Derpy said. “I’m going to go clean up the mess I made in the kitchen, and we’ll all go out for a curry. How’s that sound?”

“Sounds good to me,” Vinyl said with a grin.

Dinky did not say anything, but Vinyl figured that she probably nodded in agreement. Derpy got up from her seat and went back into the kitchen, leaving Dinky and Vinyl alone in the main room.

“Hi there!” Vinyl said.

“Hi,” Dinky said quietly. She was shy.

“Guess your mum’s not that handy in the kitchen huh?” Vinyl asked.

“No not really, she can barely make salad without catching it on fire...” Dinky said. “It smells like she did too.”

Vinyl smirked; she could only imagine how Derpy had managed that. “Do you usually cook?”

“Yeah, I learned to cook a long time before I came to live with mum. My old mum didn’t like me, so I had to learn to take care of myself. My new mum’s way nicer though, she tries, but I still cook for us,” Dinky said.

“Your old mum?” Vinyl asked. “So then... you’re adopted?”

Dinky didn’t reply. Vinyl figured that her answer had likely been a nod... or she had been too embarrassed to give an answer.

“My mum didn’t like me either,” Vinyl said. “I grew up by myself too.”

Dinky didn’t reply right away, she sat quietly for a moment before asking. “Do you like my mum?”

Vinyl grinned widely at the filly. “I do! She’s a very nice mare!”

“The other townponies don’t like my mum. They make fun of her and do mean things to us. They glue our door shut and stuff like that,” Dinky said sadly. “My mum likes you to! So you better be nice!”

Vinyl couldn’t help but smile, Dinky loved Derpy. That much was obvious. “I promise.”

“Okay! I managed to clean everything up without setting it on fire again!” Derpy said triumphantly as she came back into the room. Vinyl clapped her hooves together slowly in applause.

“Ha ha, you’re so funny!” Derpy said, she walked over to where Vinyl was sitting and helped her to her hooves, she extended her left wing and wrapped it around the blind mare and walked slowly to guide her around the flat’s obstacles and out into the open air.

“Careful down the steps now!” Derpy said, holding Vinyl close to her with her wing. They reached the bottom without incident.

“Mum?” Dinky asked, not understanding why Derpy had needed to help Vinyl down the stairs.

“I’m blind,” Vinyl explained. “So your mum has to help me get around.”

“So... then you don’t know what my mum looks like?” Dinky asked, obviously thinking that this was the reason why Vinyl gave Derpy the time of day.

“Oh, no I know what your mum looks like. I met her when I was still able to see,” Vinyl said simply. “And I think that her eyes are beautiful, even if nopony else in town does.”

Derpy brushed her head against Vinyl’s, nuzzling her sweetly in the mare’s appreciation for her. Vinyl didn’t have to be able to see to know that the Pegasus mare and her daughter were smiling brightly.

...

They’d had a wonderful dinner and had returned to Derpy’s flat. Vinyl and Derpy were sitting on Derpy’s bed, talking, while Dinky was in her own room, doing homework for the next day’s classes.

Vinyl held Derpy close to her, nuzzling the mare, gently and playfully biting her ears. They were in heaven.

Derpy rolled over; she placed her hooves on Vinyl’s shoulders and leaned in, giving the unicorn mare a kiss. Vinyl had grown to not like surprises... but this one however had rekindled that feeling. Vinyl kissed back, pushing her tongue back passed Derpy’s lips, exploring the only way she could, by touch.

Derpy moaned softly, Vinyl heard her wings cut through the air as they spread. She responded by taking her hooves and gliding them gently down the mare’s side, rubbing gently at the sensitive spots under were a Pegasus would keep their wings. Derpy gasped softly as she was overwhelmed by the touch of another, something she hadn’t experienced a very, very long time.

They continued to lie there, kissing each other for what felt like an eternity. Vinyl ran her hooves down Derpy’s side one last time when Derpy broke the kiss.

“Vinyl?” she asked.

“Yes?” Vinyl asked with a bright smile on her face.

“Don’t... don’t take this the wrong way, it’s not that I don’t like you... I really do! I really really do! But... I don’t want to go any further. I don’t want this to be based on sex. I want this to be real!” Derpy said.

Vinyl’s grin got wider. “Oh Little Miss Muffin! You have no idea just how happy you made me.”

Vinyl’s past relationships had been nothing of the sort. They’d been one way relationships devoted to hedonistic pleasures, sex and drug use, with the ponies that she’d been with using her for both. Vinyl Scratch had never, not once in her entire life, been in a relationship with anypony that had ever actually cared about her.

At least, not until now.

“Thank you!” Derpy said. “Thank you so much.”

Vinyl Scratch’s face had become wet with tears, and unlike the tears that had fallen in her life recently. These ones were happy.

Vinyl didn’t know what this world was. She didn’t know if she was alive or dead, but screw it. She was happy here.

She never wanted to go back.